Mika's Sister in Serious Accident

dcdeb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i donated for Tegan, and i think it was flowers we sent her. BlueSky can probably confirm that

Yes for Tegan we collected for flowers.

So since this all started 12 hours ago, we have basically concluded the same thing we started with:teehee: Individual donations will mean the hospital will get more money. And some people wish to mention MFC and some don't. And some people still would like a MFC card or token to be sent to Paloma on behalf of the fanclub to avoid annoying the family when their time and energy need to be focussed on Paloma's recovery, not dealing with delivered stuff.

Awaiting our next step

You have a point but I'm sure, many of us donate to various other organisations etc on regular basis. Yes, we wish to contribute to HEMS because a lot of us, me among them, found out just recently that such a thing exists and yes, because, in a way, we feel stronger connection with it now that Paloma had the accident and will be back on her feet thanks to HEMS. My donations, be they one-time or standing, mostly go to institutions that have helped/supported/etc either me, my family members or someone I know, so yes, we partly do it because of the Pennimans but also because of other people who will need this HEMS' services in the future.

Yes, I agree. Alan and I regularly donate to charities. We've donated to sightsavers, since I had my cataracts done and can see really well. Now I want to help people in Africa to get the same treatment.

Also, I've been involved in various charity works since I haven't been able to go out to earn money, and one thing I know is that it is a nightmare to get funds. Especially these days, with the Credit Crunch and not much money going to good causes. Many charites compete for very few grants, and all charities need help to keep their services going. So this charity will feel that Christmas has come early when the gifts start comming in, so it's all good.

I'm so happy to read that Paloma is expected to recover ! :biggrin2: I know she is a strong woman and it is very good to know her recovery is 'officially' now. There's still a long way to go physically and mentally and I keep thinking of the Pennimans. So I hope they all recover soon (mentally), they never will recover completly but I hope they will recover as good as possible x

(Sorry for my bad English :blush-anim-cl: )

I think Mika and his family want to keep it privat so we as his fanclub shouldn´t promote it to the press. It´s only my opinion.:wink2:

Agreed, we must respect their feelings on the first place:wink2:

Even they wrote about it here in Serbia where usually don't write about Mika just like in Germany.

I also feel donating to the air ambulance service would be a fantastic idea. It sounds like they played a crucial role in Paloma's early care, and it seems a significant portion of their operating costs are funded by donations. I understand the sentiment of wanting to send cards and flowers, but if we donate to this service we can benefit other patients and their families in a very real and tangible way.

There is a form on their website that allows you to donate online, and you can donate as little as £1. If you don't have a credit or debit card they also give you the option to donate by cheque.

To donate, click here and then click "donate" along the left side of the page.

There's a bunch of other great information on that site about the service and how they help. There's a Wikipedia entry as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Air_Ambulance

314159.gif

Thank you very much for posting this and making it easy to donate.

I personally think individual donations are best - but each to their own.

I also think one bunch of flowers with a gift card from MFC would be nice but I'm easy.

So since this all started 12 hours ago, we have basically concluded the same thing we started with:teehee:

Yes. Same now and it has been 2 days already. :teehee:

I liked the discussion though.

The option chosen by mods will be fine for me :thumb_yello:
i agree to wait for the Mod's decision :thumb_yello:

:blink:

Well, I am old enough to decide on the way I want to support a charity, but it is not what the moderators are doing, anyway.

As many of them highlighted in earlier posts, individual donations online mean that the charity will get more money as there would be no service fee attached. Plus, donations from UK taxpayers will mean 30 per cent more to the hospital, sponsored by the goverment. Therefore, it all makes sense to choose this option if you want to support them. However, a group donation as MFC is likely to be more effective not only because more MFCers are expected to donate but also because we, as a group could get instant feedback on how much impact we have made and that is usually a strong emotional need most donators need to have, whether they are aware of it or not.

As for myself, I am awaiting if the moderator team can find any solution that would minimise the fees that incur when collecting the cash from members and transferring the group donation to HEMS and I make my decision based on that information.

I don't mean to interfere and please don't get me wrong but maybe there should be a new thread opened for people who want to discuss about donations...this thread was opened for updates about how Paloma is doing and I've gone through pages and pages dealing with donation....

What further updates are you expecting? Paloma is no longer in critical condition and we have been told that she is facing a long road to full recovery. All we can do is to keep her in our thoughts and prayers but there is no point in speculating about the situation. This is a MFC and often topics in threads are only loosely connected to the original title. Not in this case, however. It seems that the majority of MFC would like to donate to that charity (HEMS), so this thread is the best to draw attention to this and discuss ways by which people can do so.

Here is the link, by the way.

http://www.londonsairambulance.com/SecureStore/welcome.aspx?Q1788=30&J847=x30&A988=&NL477=&F=&G=&C=&SC=&S9=0&UT1=&R=1&S=&RE=www.londonsairambulance.com&D=32

suzie and all

we are waiting for HEMS to come back to us with useful info. hopefully within today...

Thanks Robi.

Yes, I understood that this was what the moderator team were doing and I appreciate the efforts, this is why I am waiting with my decision, too. I am in no hurry at all since it is not our donation that would enable them to keep running this service. This is merely a nice gesture that also helps draw attention to their work. If the group donation makes financial sense and will be easy to do, I will definitely join.

Thanks Robi.

Yes, I understood that this was what the moderator team were doing and I appreciate the efforts, this is why I am waiting with my decision, too. I am in no hurry at all. If the group donation makes financial sense and will be easy to do, I will definitely join.

:wub2:

Thanks Robi.

Yes, I understood that this was what the moderator team were doing and I appreciate the efforts, this is why I am waiting with my decision, too. I am in no hurry at all since it is not our donation that would enable them to keep running this service. This is merely a nice gesture that also helps draw attention to their work. If the group donation makes financial sense and will be easy to do, I will definitely join.

Me too, a group donation would be okay in my case because I'm not a taxpayer, however, if paypal is involved in the group donation, that is no good for me as I don't have an account with them. I'll wait and see what is decided by the mods, and then I'll decide whether to join in with the group or donate on the site using my bank card. If I donate on the site, I would still say I'm with the MFC and let you all know I've donated.

suzie and all

we are waiting for HEMS to come back to us with useful info. hopefully within today...

there's no rush, and everyone who likes to donate individually can well do that :original:, the link is correct

Thanks for the update Robertina :thumb_yello:

Me too, a group donation would be okay in my case because I'm not a taxpayer, however, if paypal is involved in the group donation, that is no good for me as I don't have an account with them. I'll wait and see what is decided by the mods, and then I'll decide whether to join in with the group or donate on the site using my bank card. If I donate on the site, I would still say I'm with the MFC and let you all know I've donated.

I think we have concluded that there is no way to do a "group" donation that doesn't either lose money in fees (to Paypal etc) or lose money for the hospital.

The hospital may give us some information on how we can be recognised as donating from the same group (ie MFC)...but I don't think we will be doing one donation on everyone's behalf and then collecting money through Paypal...too much work, and wastes too much money in fees. Believe me, I have experience doing something similar on behalf of MFC, it would be much easier and more cost-effective for everyone to do their own donations, as we mentioned a few pages back:teehee:

suzie and all

there's no rush, and everyone who likes to donate individually can well do that :original:, the link is correct

thanks for the update Robi:thumb_yello:

Blue Sky is right though, a group donation is history, we cannot cope with gathering money from everyone through paypal, both in terms of loosing valuable money for the hospital and load of work/waste of time by the mods.

we are waiting for HEMS to tell us if there's a way to be recognized as a group (MFC/in name of Paloma Penniman i.e.) through individual donations, and consequent instructions.

but i bet they are deeply engaged in worthier acts than replying to a popstar fanclub :blush-anim-cl:

Blue Sky is right though, a group donation is history, we cannot cope with gathering money from everyone through paypal, both in terms of loosing valuable money for the hospital and load of work/waste of time by the mods.

we are waiting for HEMS to tell us if there's a way to be recognized as a group (MFC/in name of Paloma Penniman i.e.) through individual donations, and consequent instructions.

but i bet they are deeply engaged in worthier acts than replying to a popstar fanclub :blush-anim-cl:

or this is a first time & they are figuring out how to handle it. :dunno::naughty:

I think we have concluded that there is no way to do a "group" donation that doesn't either lose money in fees (to Paypal etc) or lose money for the hospital.

The hospital may give us some information on how we can be recognised as donating from the same group (ie MFC)...but I don't think we will be doing one donation on everyone's behalf and then collecting money through Paypal...too much work, and wastes too much money in fees. Believe me, I have experience doing something similar on behalf of MFC, it would be much easier and more cost-effective for everyone to do their own donations, as we mentioned a few pages back:teehee:

Yes that's fine.

have just come on and did not expect to read something like this. My thoughts are with Mika and family and Paloma. Does anyone know how she is doing? x

You can go back to the first post of this thread or check out the update on mikasounds.com and you will have official news! :thumb_yello:

Archived