Mika's Sister in Serious Accident

dcdeb

:blink:

:dunno:

I don't know, Rose, but if you donated anything to those hospitals, let us know, so that we can learn from your payment methods.

I didn't get the chance to donate for Tegan, I didn't get the details, but I haven't heard if anyone had set up anything for the hospitals Axie and Wonka have been at.

Would love to know if anyone has myself.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it would be nice for HEMS to know that the money is coming in because of the Pennimans as well. It is them broadcasting their gratitude towards HEMS for saving Paloma that is prompting MFCers to donate and I think it would be nice for them to know the kind of impact it's had.

Exactly :thumb_yello:

I've just come home and read pages and pages of this thread that made my blood boil then came nearly to the last page and saw your response and it sums up what I wanted to say but without getting angry!

I very much doubt that any of us would have donated a single penny if Paloma hadn't been injured, etc so to argue about the amount that would be donated by individual means rather than a global donation is pointless.

It simply stops 1000's of 'Get Well Soon' cards and flowers/chocs/fluffy toys being bought and sent to Paloma and focuses the money instead into a practical 'gift'.

For all those altruistic souls who have stated that they will not mention why they are donating or join a in group effort like the rest of us illogical and wasteful MFCr's.....I say go ahead and stop giving the rest of us a hard time!!

I will await the consensus of the Mods and act accordingly with the majority wishes of the MFC. The reason being that regardless of what I do off this forum, what happens on here is not governed by what I think but what the community as a whole thinks.

I may even go wild and make a personal donation in addition to what happens on here!!!!!! What a crazy idea!! :naughty:

I agree.

Even donating £1 would be £1 more than HEMS would have got otherwise. And I want to do it as part of the MFC.

(And btw the Gift Aid scheme is for UK taxpayers, not residents, so a lot of UK fans won't be able to take advantage of it)

Let's keep in mind here that regardless of how we end up going about this, ultimately we're all on the same page. We're all thankful for the amazing care that Paloma received, and I think the majority of us would like to express our gratitude by supporing this air ambulance service.

Because of the UK Gift Aid program and because of PayPal fees it's looking like pooling financial resources into one large donation would be impractical. I agree that it's better for the charity to get as much money as possible rather than having it sacrificed toward fees.

That being said there may be other ways to ensure our donations, even if made individually, are classed as being under the same MFC umbrella. We mods are looking into a solution that would allow the charity to receive as much money as possible while still allowing MFC to contribute as a community. :thumb_yello:

I don't mean to interfere and please don't get me wrong but maybe there should be a new thread opened for people who want to discuss about donations...this thread was opened for updates about how Paloma is doing and I've gone through pages and pages dealing with donation...this is just an idea...

Heavens. I go out to work and there's another zillion posts in this thread by the time I get home again!

Good to know the consensus was to donate individually, thereby avoiding some poor mod having a logistical nightmare and Paypal swiping their cut, and also it enables UK taxpayers to apply Gift Aid. It seemed the most sensible option as I said earlier - since the HEMS website is already set up for receiving donations. And it is totally unimportant to me whether anyone is aware that the donations are made in the name of MFC - surely the main thing is they get the money, so they can continue providing the fantastic service they do (and which probably saved Paloma's life) :thumb_yello:

God....So many posts,so many time lost just to decide to donate some money!:shocked:

For me it's as simple as that:you wan't to help?Donate some money through their web page online.That's it.Over.:aah:

And just one more comment.Someone said(sorry don't remember who)that the MFC is not giving the money because this accident happened to Paloma,or that MFC don't want to give this impression,something like that.And that it makes the donations because MFC cares.For me it's OBVIOUS that the reason MFC is doing this is exactly because it happened to Paloma.Just because it happened to Paloma.Why nobody raised such a topic before?Because,if this didn't happen to her,the sister of MIKA,then we wouldn't really care about the rescue-guys,or their dishwasher.Do you want to make a donation to the fire appartment?Or the anonymous alcoholics?No,because none of these is related to the Penniman's.Just saying.....Besides,there are far too many organizations and hospitals and social groups who need money much more than this rescue team does.If the only thing that they want is a dishwasher then things can't be that bad.And,no,i'm not saying that the MFC should start saving the world,but,come on,we all know why you want to do this.And it is for a good cause as it is,you don't have to exaggerate.:wink2:

You have a point but I'm sure, many of us donate to various other organisations etc on regular basis. Yes, we wish to contribute to HEMS because a lot of us, me among them, found out just recently that such a thing exists and yes, because, in a way, we feel stronger connection with it now that Paloma had the accident and will be back on her feet thanks to HEMS. My donations, be they one-time or standing, mostly go to institutions that have helped/supported/etc either me, my family members or someone I know, so yes, we partly do it because of the Pennimans but also because of other people who will need this HEMS' services in the future.

I didn't get the chance to donate for Tegan, I didn't get the details, but I haven't heard if anyone had set up anything for the hospitals Axie and Wonka have been at.

Would love to know if anyone has myself.

i donated for Tegan, and i think it was flowers we sent her. BlueSky can probably confirm that

I thought we were talking about either a group donation or a message signed MFC (with or without flowers). :blink: I prefer the card, but since a donation had been mentioned, I considered that, too.

I don't particularly care about giving a present or a bunch of flowers, but a MFC card would be nice for different reasons. They posted an update for us fans on mikasounds.com, MFC is an official fan community, they can keep it :blush-anim-cl:, one collective card is better than flooding the family with hundreds of cards.

Moreover I have never felt like sending stuff to the family privately, because it's just annoying for them, as they may have to deal with extra mail, and I'm not a relative or a family friend. With the help of Team MIKA it would be easier for the mods to deliver a MFC card to the right place (hospital, management, private address).

:thumb_yello:

i donated for Tegan, and i think it was flowers we sent her. BlueSky can probably confirm that

I'm not Blue Sky :wink2: but yes, it was flowers. :original:

Let's keep in mind here that regardless of how we end up going about this, ultimately we're all on the same page. We're all thankful for the amazing care that Paloma received, and I think the majority of us would like to express our gratitude by supporing this air ambulance service.

Because of the UK Gift Aid program and because of PayPal fees it's looking like pooling financial resources into one large donation would be impractical. I agree that it's better for the charity to get as much money as possible rather than having it sacrificed toward fees.

That being said there may be other ways to ensure our donations, even if made individually, are classed as being under the same MFC umbrella. We mods are looking into a solution that would allow the charity to receive as much money as possible while still allowing MFC to contribute as a community. :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello:

I dont know whats been decided yet but decided to donate to the air ambulance who helped Paloma could only donate £5 at moment hope thats a enough to show how grateful for their afforts on saving and getting Paloma to Hospital fast as they did it would be nice if maybe we sent one card to Paloma with our names and maybe little messages or something like that, that way she hasnt got loads and loads and packing the room in with cards but knows we're thinking of her and everyone likes to recieve cards when in hospital keeps the spirit up and positive just a thought not sure how that could be done but would be a nice gesure

I dont know whats been decided yet but decided to donate to the air ambulance who helped Paloma could only donate £5 at moment hope thats a enough to show how grateful for their afforts on saving and getting Paloma to Hospital fast as they did it would be nice if maybe we sent one card to Paloma with our names and maybe little messages or something like that, that way she hasnt got loads and loads and packing the room in with cards but knows we're thinking of her and everyone likes to recieve cards when in hospital keeps the spirit up and positive just a thought not sure how that could be done but would be a nice gesure

hello catherine! £5 is very generous of you. i'm sure they will appreciate it & paloma too.

i'll wait til deb hears from HEMS before donating, there is no "big rush".

I like the idea of personal donations, if that means more money goes to HEMS. but if it is possible, i will write MikaFanClub in there somewhere.

To me, if Mika and family see that members of the MFC give a donation, it means that we are not just there for the "taking", but also there to give back, by doing something good to HEMS.

:

+1

I think it would be nice for HEMS to know that the money is coming in because of the Pennimans as well. It is them broadcasting their gratitude towards HEMS for saving Paloma that is prompting MFCers to donate and I think it would be nice for them to know the kind of impact it's had.

+1 I'm almost sure the Pennimans did it on purpose

I don't mean to interfere and please don't get me wrong but maybe there should be a new thread opened for people who want to discuss about donations...this thread was opened for updates about how Paloma is doing and I've gone through pages and pages dealing with donation...this is just an idea...

+1

OMG.. what a mess for good intentions..:naughty:

Even if all our comments make the idea going ahead, we can maybe give time to mods to let them find the best solution for us, for HEMS, for Paloma's family and for MFC

The option chosen by mods will be fine for me :thumb_yello:

Patiently waiting on what solution the Mods come up with :thumb_yello: The point here is to be grateful that the air ambulance did such a great job with Paloma and have done in the past with others and Im sure will in the future.

I own a Pharmacy here in NYC, and anyone in the healthcare field will tell you that it is nice to receive even a mere "Thank You" once in a while, because it is a lot of hard work and overall PRESSURE to have people's lives in your hands. Everyone in the field is in it because they love helping others of coarse, but it is such a nice feeling when others acknowledge it :wink2:

Therefore, however we decide to donate will be fine with me as I know they will appreciate it TREMENDOUSLY.

hello catherine! £5 is very generous of you. i'm sure they will appreciate it & paloma too.

oh thats good was worried it wasnt enough would have gave more but had to get my cat neurtered today

oh that's very important! :blush-anim-cl:

aww poor cat Alfie can never be a daddy but least getting him neutered today well yesterday now might stopping him howling for ladies and straying everywhere

Archived