Mika's Sister in Serious Accident

dcdeb

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.parismatch.com/People-Match/Musique/Actu/Paloma-le-drame-de-Mika-219055/

i find this article a bit depressing to be honest...

Please mods, tell me if it should be taken down..

if not, i can translate it... a few things are nice but the end is like :blink:

tellement dans le style de Paris Match, il faut que ca soit larmoyant...:shocked:

http://www.parismatch.com/People-Match/Musique/Actu/Paloma-le-drame-de-Mika-219055/

Thanks for posting Roxy,

I'd love to read your translation...

well, it's not that it's anything new, but i don't know if it needs to be posted with details. i find it disturbing after a while.

leave the link & if people want to translate it, they can always use google

well, the end isn't bad, they are just questioning if he will feel well enough for the 2 concerts that are planned. but we know now that he is going ahead with them.

it's more the accident's details that i find "too much". we've all heard them & hearing them from paris match isn't going to change anything.

well, the end isn't bad, they are just questioning if he will feel well enough for the 2 concerts that are planned. but we know now that he is going ahead with them.

it's more the accident's details that i find "too much". we've all heard them & hearing them from paris match isn't going to change anything.

I suppose Paris Match is writing for the French who love Mika but don't follow everything as closely as we do here. The only phrase I thought was :blink: was the 'close to autism' - if I understood correctly.

it's not censorship, but i feel posting a traslation here is not respectful for Paloma and her family.

anyone can read it with google traslator and make an idea.

my thought it that we don't have to post EVERYTHING about the accident here, as if it was a gig report. but be the most respectful as possible. which includes not posting rumors of any kind.

I agree Robi, this is not a "gig report", and we should continue to treat the family with the respect we always have, which includes honoring their request for privacy, which this kind of article does not....these magazines only attempt to excite the insatiable human curiosity to watch the drama that happens in other people's lives. :aah:

I suppose Paris Match is writing for the French who love Mika but don't follow everything as closely as we do here. The only phrase I thought was :blink: was the 'close to autism' - if I understood correctly.

where is that? i read it twice and i don't see it :naughty:

they said he stopped talking and was almost mute for a while, but i didn't read anything about autism. maybe it's too early for my little brain :teehee:

they said he stopped talking and was almost mute for a while, but i didn't read anything about autism. maybe it's too early for my little brain :teehee:

google translator says the word autism for me in German too.

which sentence?

"Votre famille vous dira toujours si vous ressemblez à un idiot complet. » Sa scolarité douloureuse, son isolement proche de l’autisme, sa personnalité fantasque ont contribué à rendre Mika méfiant à l’égard des adultes" :wink2:

Never thought I would post something in French :naughty:

"Votre famille vous dira toujours si vous ressemblez à un idiot complet. » Sa scolarité douloureuse, son isolement proche de l’autisme, sa personnalité fantasque ont contribué à rendre Mika méfiant à l’égard des adultes" :wink2:

Never thought I would post something in French :naughty:

you beat me to it

Bing uses the word "autism" too- and you can kind of see why

I guess they mean this : Sa scolarité douloureuse, son isolement proche de l’autisme, sa personnalité fantasque ont contribué à rendre Mika méfiant à l’égard des adultes

The overall tone of the article is kinda unpleasant. I've read several reviews and articles that have been rather harsh, but then the main critique has been towards his music. That we can take. Not everyone needs to like it. But this article talks in what I would call a distasteful way about him and his past and family.

Well, now we have it trice:biggrin2:

the German translation says that he is close to autism and that´s why he is close to his family and friends and there is not much space for new people....

:doh: i see it now!

they say: his school years were painful, his isolation could compare with someone that is autistic....

i guess it's a different way to say what we already knew :blush-anim-cl:

:doh: i see it now!

they say: his school years were painful, his isolation could compare with someone that is autistic....

i guess it's a different way to say what we already knew :blush-anim-cl:

that´s why I don´t like google translator, it often makes not much sense.

I guess they mean this : Sa scolarité douloureuse, son isolement proche de l’autisme, sa personnalité fantasque ont contribué à rendre Mika méfiant à l’égard des adultes

The overall tone of the article is kinda unpleasant. I've read several reviews and articles that have been rather harsh, but then the main critique has been towards his music. That we can take. Not everyone needs to like it. But this article talks in what I would call a distasteful way about him and his past and family.

Well, now we have it trice:biggrin2:

i don't mind the rest of the article at all, it's the details of the accident i don't like. but there is nothing new in it.

that´s why I don´t like google translator, it often makes not much sense.

I've often had a good laugh, until I have cried, at the online translator though. It tends to translate everything into Yoda-speak and it is so funny.

One time I lol at a phrase that was translated as...

"Love Today and Grace Kelly, anthems become!"

I can just hear Yoda saying that, and he probably did, because he IS very wise.

Archived