2011 - MIKA @ Magic Numbers Secret Gig, London - 22 Jan REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

Droopsy

Oooh thank you all for sharing.. i LOVE the vids, pics and reports.. so nice to here finally who won and how it was..

One question: Where was Jimmy? he weren't there, wasn't he?

I saw a person near Imma-bow and maybe it's Jimmy...

EDIT: no...it' a girl..LOL

Aww, he sang The Onely Lonely One? One of my favourites:wub2: I sooo hope that song was filmed and Youtubed too!:mf_lustslow:

I agree, I LOVE this song and I'm SO curious to hear it :wub2:

Imma said she was meeting him...so..I guess he was there :thumb_yello:

yes i know.. that's why i'm confusing now.. cos no one who were there talks about him.. only about, david, cherisse, imma and martin.. it's weird haha..

He said "no accoustic tour in 2011" :( Sorry, I hope one at the begining of 2012:wub2:

He breaks my heart once again. Not only by this, but also by the thing in his ear. Reminds me of when my brother did that and I wanted to slap him in the face because I don't like it when men do that:naughty:

Hi,

I haven't read any of the reports yet and I only have a short time to spend on the internet today, while in London, so let me just post a short report that includes only my impressions about the gig yesterday. (I don't think I'd elaborate it any further later on, either...:teehee:)

To begin with, it really felt like a living room gig and Mika wanted everyone to feel comfortable - even though some people forgot about his own 'comfort zone' first (i.e. leaving him space to perform), but it was quickly sorted out.

In general, I'd say the gig was special but perhaps in a different way than people would have thought. If I had to sum it up in a few words, I'd say it was 'Mika raw and acoustic', meaning that it provided some insights into the person Mica, the popstar Mika is built from ( :teehee: ). For example, he had this idea of fans choosing songs he'd sing before he realised he forgot not only the chords but also the lyrics of some of them :doh: He did well, though, and managed to finish most of the ones he started, with some help :roftl: I guess it was a learning for him as well. I still enjoyed it a lot though, especially when he'd start a song usure about what chords to play along, but once having figured it out in the middle, he'd gain confidence in finishing it in the most beautiful way. :blush-anim-cl:

There were also many funny stories and some original lyrics in some of the songs ( :naughty: ) but the best part for me was the wat he was improvising and expected the band to join him in it. To me, it almost felt like some kind of insights into the way he builds up songs. It was probably most evident when he started to teach The Only Lonely One to the band who clearly had not even heard of that song, let alone know what it sounded like. :roftl: They / we did well in the end. Most of us were singing only the choruses of some songs but not the verses, luckily, as it was really an acoustic performance - Mika did not even have a microphone. So the sound recorded must be good. As for the band members, Martin played the guitar on some songs, Cherisse was clapping and drumming on the piano as 'instructed' by Mika, iMMa was singing beautifully as usual and David did particularly well - helping Mika out on the piano and also singing great backing vocals.

So, it was all these little things that made this special to me. Mika was out of his pop star routine - with his mind clearly somewhere else -, but you could clearly recognise the talent he has in improvising and creating songs from certain rythms and pieces of melodies he stores in his head. :original:

Sounds fantastic:wub2: Thanks for sharing!

Maybe it was planned that Jimmy joined them only for the second gig :blink:

as the 1st one was acoustic.. :dunno:

Yeah, Jimmy was not at the first gig, but at the second one. I guess that they didn't need him at the first one, as it was acoustic?

Thanks so much for the videos and reports, tiibet, Nanou and Suzie. I am actually very happy that you girls were there, and very grateful that you are sharing with us (as much as you are prepared to share). I know that Nanou and Suzie were guests and not winners, but I wanted to say to you Nina that I cannot imagine a more worthy winner of this contest than you, so I was always very happy that you were amongst the winners.

My issues with the competition are about other things, as stated in the other thread, and definitely NOT about you or other people who won this fairly and 'playing nice' :huglove: Oh and the picture with Melachi is hilarious. The hair colour is so similar :lmfao:

Yeah, Jimmy was not at the first gig, but at the second one. I guess that they didn't need him at the first one, as it was acoustic?

Thanks so much for the videos and reports, tiibet, Nanou and Suzie. I am actually very happy that you girls were there, and very grateful that you are sharing with us (as much as you are prepared to share). I know that Nanou and Suzie were guests and not winners, but I wanted to say to you Nina that I cannot imagine a more worthy winner of this contest than you, so I was always very happy that you were amongst the winners.

My issues with the competition are about other things, as stated in the other thread, and definitely NOT about you or other people who won this fairly and 'playing nice' :huglove: Oh and the picture with Melachi is hilarious. The hair colour is so similar :lmfao:

what do you know about the 2nd gig?? can you tell us more???:boxed:

what do you know about the 2nd gig?? can you tell us more???:boxed:

Just that it was a private gig :dunno: Artists do it regularly, it's not a big thing or out of the ordinary :naughty:

Oh and I forgot to comment on Violet's post (and with this I end my 'off topic' posting here, I'm sorry I deviated the thread but I wanted to reply in the same thread): when some people complained about the competition, I don't think they ever meant (I did NOT!) that this was about who was a bigger fan, or what constituted being a big fan over what not, etc... It was merely focused on the way the competition was handled and which behaviours were rewarded (in some cases) in order to get points and be in the top whatever. That's all.