2011 - MIKA @ Magic Numbers Secret Gig, London - 22 Jan REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

Droopsy

Hi everyone :biggrin2:

I've been lucky enough to have lived this amazing gig thanks to a friend of mine who won and invited me to be part of this dream :blush-anim-cl:

I'll porbably make a proper report later on but, as I know you may all be very impatient to see how it looked like, I've already uploaded one of my vids :naughty:

Mine are not as good as Tiibet's vids but still, it gives you an idea of the gig :thumb_yello:

here is "Relax" then :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3lSjR4EqU

OMG :swoon:

Merci merci merci!

That's so kind of you to share this with us :wub2: Amazing!

I've been lucky enough to have lived this amazing gig thanks to a friend of mine who won and invited me to be part of this dream :blush-anim-cl:

I'll porbably make a proper report later on but, as I know you may all be very impatient to see how it looked like, I've already uploaded one of my vids :naughty:

Mine are not as good as Tiibet's vids but still, it gives you an idea of the gig :thumb_yello:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you so much for posting!!! it's always happy to hear new voice from Mika (:

it's one of the most beautiful version of Relax I've ever heard!

(although the lyrics are messed up :teehee:)

and i nvr know his ear is pierced - hvn't seen any pics of him wearing earrings before :naughty:

and thank you Nina for your pic with Melachi too!!

what a lovely little doggy witch! :blush-anim-cl:

Asia is very far away from Europe and i dun think he'll do any acoustic gigs in Hong Kong...

and seems that his schedule is tight as he has to work in studio, go to the hospital and deal with his column schoolwork :roftl:

i'll (try to) be patient waiting his new albums and tours out :blush-anim-cl:

*turns to Mika*

Dear Mika, Take your time to do everything you want. We won't go away :naughty:

this thread made my day :aah:

yes. i would really like to see how mika reacts on that kind of gigs,where no fans are there... (i suppose it was not a fan who payed for that private gig :mf_rosetinted:) if he seems so shy among 20 hardcores (and he knows how hardcores love and appreciate him) i can´t imagine how shy he can turn with people he doesn´t know

I have my doubts that someone who is not the slightest bit into Mika would pay for a private gig. And then Mika is such a fantastic entertainer that it really doesn't matter if he performs in front of 'fans' or in front of people who have never seen him before. He'll win that ones over, too.

On a sidenote, not aiming at your post, Rosa, but generally I'm getting the impression that there's a vibe on MFC against everybody who has not bought x tickets and has not attended x gigs and/or is not a registered and/or active member on MFC. A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that people who are very well into Mika, but don't meet that criteria have no right whatsoever to get anywhere near him. It confuses me and I find it very sad. It makes me want to revaluate my own definition of fandom.

But this is a gig report thread.

if he seems so shy among 20 hardcores (and he knows how hardcores love and appreciate him) i can´t imagine how shy he can turn with people he doesn´t know

you know, maybe it's the other way round - he usually says that he's shy IRL and very self-confident while on stage... so I guess he may just put on his "mask", his stage persona, and everything will be okay :teehee:

Nanou!!! SO grateful for this delicious video!!!Thank you!!!

CookieForMika23-1.jpg

I have my doubts that someone who is not the slightest bit into Mika would pay for a private gig. And then Mika is such a fantastic entertainer that it really doesn't matter if he performs in front of 'fans' or in front of people who have never seen him before. He'll win that ones over, too.

On a sidenote, not aiming at your post, Rosa, but generally I'm getting the impression that there's a vibe on MFC against everybody who has not bought x tickets and has not attended x gigs and/or is not a registered and/or active member on MFC. A lot of people seem to be of the opinion that people who are very well into Mika, but don't meet that criteria have no right whatsoever to get anywhere near him. It confuses me and I find it very sad. It makes me want to revaluate my own definition of fandom.

But this is a gig report thread.

did i sound like that??:boxed: sorry it was not my intention... i was just remembering of that gig in abu dhabi,you remember?? it was like a private gig,with all the people sitting instead of jumping and screaming...:aah:

and i don´t mind if people is logged on mfc or not,i´m friend with people i met in gigs,and probably one of my best friends of those gigs,is not here,and i don´t mind.

of course he´s a great entertainer,i agree. just wondering if "not fans" like when he fogots the lyrics:mf_rosetinted: and things like that :aah:

for real... did i sound as if i hate people who is not on mfc???:shocked: i need to change my way of talking... or typing :aah:

I'm not sure if I will write a proper report later or not, I need to think about it. But I guess this is not a secret anymore, and some winners will talk about it, some not. Everyone can make their own decisions.

It was a lovely intimate gig for 6 winners and their guests. The venue was small and very cozy, loved it, everything was perfectly organized. Mika did an acoustic set, it's something I have always wanted to see. So yes, it was amazingly beautiful :wub2:

Everyone who knows me can guess how happy I was to see Melachi, I admit it was a highlight :teehee: I have a pic, promised to show it:

IMG_3071.jpg

And yes, Mika did one of his old demo songs. Many people filmed, I filmed everything too.

You are LUCKY! Have more pics? Could you please share with uss ???? :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

you know, maybe it's the other way round - he usually says that he's shy IRL and very self-confident while on stage... so I guess he may just put on his "mask", his stage persona, and everything will be okay :teehee:

don´t you think he looked a little bit embarrassed in that relax vid?? :teehee:

I'm not sure if I will write a proper report later or not, I need to think about it. But I guess this is not a secret anymore, and some winners will talk about it, some not. Everyone can make their own decisions.

It was a lovely intimate gig for 6 winners and their guests. The venue was small and very cozy, loved it, everything was perfectly organized. Mika did an acoustic set, it's something I have always wanted to see. So yes, it was amazingly beautiful :wub2:

Everyone who knows me can guess how happy I was to see Melachi, I admit it was a highlight :teehee: I have a pic, promised to show it:

IMG_3071.jpg

And yes, Mika did one of his old demo songs. Many people filmed, I filmed everything too.

I am so jealous of you! :tears::mf_rosetinted:

did i sound like that??:boxed: sorry it was not my intention... i was just remembering of that gig in abu dhabi,you remember?? it was like a private gig,with all the people sitting instead of jumping and screaming...:aah:

and i don´t mind if people is logged on mfc or not,i´m friend with people i met in gigs,and probably one of my best friends of those gigs,is not here,and i don´t mind.

of course he´s a great entertainer,i agree. just wondering if "not fans" like when he fogots the lyrics:mf_rosetinted: and things like that :aah:

for real... did i sounded as if i hate people who is not on mfc???:shocked: i need to change my way of talking... or typing :aah:

No, it was just a thought I have in mind since the end of the magic points competition was announced and all that envy and a lot of resentment surfaced in that thread. I'm really sorry I put that in my reply to your post, I should have posted that seperately, but I don't want to expatiate upon that topic, especially not in a report thread. I'm just not all for elitist thinking and seperating the world into hardcore Mika fans and non Mika fans. I'm sorry, I didn't want to make it sound as if I was accusing anyone in particular or even you. :huglove:

Thank you so much for the video Nanou!:thumb_yello:

I love to listen to him playing piano like that!:wub2:

It's :shocked: acoustic. :shocked: Not semi-acoustic, not acoustic up to the point where he can't bear it anymore and jumps on the piano...

He sounds really good. :original:

:flowers2: Thanks for the video, Nanou.

:teehee::lmfao:

No, it was just a thought I have in mind since the end of the magic points competition was announced and all that envy and a lot of resentment surfaced in that thread. I'm really sorry I put that in my reply to your post, I should have posted that seperately, but I don't want to expatiate upon that topic, especially not in a report thread. I'm just not all for elitist thinking and seperating the world into hardcore Mika fans and non Mika fans. I'm sorry, I didn't want to make it sound as if I was accusing anyone in particular or even you. :huglove:

ok i understand.. i don´t even posted in that thread,i don´t like when people go jealous and stuff. i never go to mikasounds,and i never would fight with anyone for a secret gig...

we are here cause we love mika,and that´s all. if i love mika and you love mika it doesn´t mean the we need to hate each other... imo!!! :aah: :aah:

Edited by basicamenteyo

yeah I guess - in the 2nd verse, when he messed up the notes again :aah:

that is what i meant.... it´s easier to "abstract" from a crow with 10.000 people,than from 20 people around you taking pics and vids... :aah:

that´s what i never ever tried to be a famous popstar:mf_rosetinted:

that is what i meant.... it´s easier to "abstract" from a crow with 10.000 people,than from 20 people around you taking pics and vids... :aah:

that´s what i never ever tried to be a famous popstar:mf_rosetinted:

Agree with this. But we havent seen the other vids, how he felt during other songs.