Well Hello There :)

WeirdDuck

Hey!

I'm Bethany. I live in Illinois and I am a senior in high school. How I got into Mika is kind of a long story. The girl at the locker next to me used to listen to Mika once in a while, so I was kind of familiar with him. Then I went on this student ambassador trip to England, Wales, Ireland, and Scotland last summer and the leader had one song that we listened to first thing every morning, and it was Love Today! I was the only one who had any idea what it was right away. Within two days we would make her play it at least 3 times every day (and the trip was 3 weeks long). We had some crazy dance parties on the bus :) When I got back I looked Mika up and one thing led to another and now I'm here :D

My biggest activity is Irish dancing, which I absolutely love. I'm in my school's musicals, too, and we are doing West Side Story right now. So much fun!

The story behind my username is another sort of long-ish one, so I'll save it for another post :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey!

I'm Bethany. I live in Illinois and I am a senior in high school. How I got into Mika is kind of a long story. The girl at the locker next to me used to listen to Mika once in a while, so I was kind of familiar with him. Then I went on this student ambassador trip to England, Wales, Ireland, and Scotland last summer and the leader had one song that we listened to first thing every morning, and it was Love Today! I was the only one who had any idea what it was right away. Within two days we would make her play it at least 3 times every day (and the trip was 3 weeks long). We had some crazy dance parties on the bus :) When I got back I looked Mika up and one thing led to another and now I'm here :D

My biggest activity is Irish dancing, which I absolutely love. I'm in my school's musicals, too, and we are doing West Side Story right now. So much fun!

The story behind my username is another sort of long-ish one, so I'll save it for another post :)

:biggrin2: Welcome! Glad you looked him up, we have a new recruit. :biggrin2:

Don't be surprised if things seem tame around here... since Mika's working on his third album, things are going a bit slow... :teehee: I'm pretty much always here though, day or night. Nice to see another person from America! :bye:

Hey!

Hello!!:thumb_yello: and:welcomeani:

have fun in here^^

so wha`s the story of your name?^^

Thanks everyone!

Now the story of my username :)

In English last year, we had a student teacher for a while. In her first lesson, she gave us a packet of worksheets to do. At the top of each one was a logo of some sort. While we were going over them in class, I got incredibly bored and turned the logo on each sheet into some sort of duck. I don't even remember them all now, but I had Irish dancer duck (of course), a duck with a top hat, a duck in scuba gear, a pilot duck, an evil duck, a hippie duck, and so on. We turned the sheets in at the end of class and I thought nothing of it. The next day, I raised my hand to answer a question and she couldn't remember my name right away, so she said, "You. Weird Duck girl." The class collapsed into peals of laughter and we didn't accomplish much the rest of the hour. The name stuck and whenever I do something odd (which I do A LOT) my friends call me Weird Duck, or just Duck.

So that's my story :)

Thanks everyone!

In English last year, we had a student teacher for a while. In her first lesson, she gave us a packet of worksheets to do. At the top of each one was a logo of some sort. While we were going over them in class, I got incredibly bored and turned the logo on each sheet into some sort of duck. I don't even remember them all now, but I had Irish dancer duck (of course), a duck with a top hat, a duck in scuba gear, a pilot duck, an evil duck, a hippie duck, and so on. We turned the sheets in at the end of class and I thought nothing of it. The next day, I raised my hand to answer a question and she couldn't remember my name right away, so she said, "You. Weird Duck girl." The class collapsed into peals of laughter and we didn't accomplish much the rest of the hour. The name stuck and whenever I do something odd (which I do A LOT) my friends call me Weird Duck, or just Duck.

:aah:

Hey!

hello Bethany/WeirdDuck :P welcome to mfc!

that sounds like such an adventurous trip! i am quite jealous, haha, and what a way to fall for mika xp

nice to meet you :3

Hey!

Hi there and welcome. It's always a pleasure to welcome new members, but more so from America as Mika is not so well known there.

But it just goes to show that American ppl are getting to hear his music anyway, and then they love him!!

Great to have you here! You've joined at the right time because we expect some news soon about the new music and the third album, and you'll be able to share that excitement with us!!!

Thanks everyone!

:roftl:

the story is great^^

good to have a duck in this fanclub:thumb_yello:

Archived