Not everything needs a thread

Don't know where to post it, so this thread will be ok, I guess :biggrin2:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/uponsun/2012/02/five_guys_queen_adam_lambert.php

Five Guys That Should Be in Queen Instead of Adam Lambert

​Rumors are swirling that former American Idol Adam Lambert is going to be teaming up with Queen for live performances.

We've got some bones to pick about this. While Lambert said he'll be doing this "to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some ****ing great songs," that can't possibly be his only motive. If he wants to pay tribute to Queen, he should start a tribute band.

Lambert isn't exactly the best pick for someone to take the place of Freddie Mercury, which, for the record, nobody should even be doing in the first place. He's Freddie Mercury. You can't top that. But if anyone is going to try, surely there must be some better options.

That's why we came up with a list of five guys who would be more suitable for this position than Adam Lambert.

5. Justin Hawkins of The Darkness <...>

4. Mika

Mika came right out about his Freddie obsession in the song "Grace Kelly" when he sang, "So I try a little Freddie!" Mika's voice is similar to Freddie's too.

3. Eric Nally of Foxy Shazam <...>

2. Sacha Baron Cohen <...>

1. Marc Martel <...>

Even if I would never want Mika to join Queen, it's so good to read someone thinks he would be a good choice for them :fangurl:

And I love what they wrote under the Mika pic... "Mika, let that 'stache grow, buddy." :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

:shocked: Better NOT ! :roftl:

what are you scared about exactly? that they won't want you on tv? that you're talking about a singer? that he's male? maybe you clarifying your fears can help you (and us) confront and 'solve' them...

have you really been able to hide your mika 'obsession' so well?!:shocked: kudos to you in a way - everyone who knows me even casually knows about 'me and mika' :roftl:

i agree -if this is something you really feel strongly about you should do it - do you have a friend who can support you so it's easier? i recall you vlogged with your cuz, right? what about her?

and what type of 'gossip' do you think will happen after?

My parents know that I love Mika, and my mom is a fan too! But I am scared about their reaction like: "Why do you want to risk your reputation for that, you can just pay the "meet and greet" thing and there you are." and I'll be like: well Daddy (the fear is Daddy mostly :blush-anim-cl: ) I'll have a 101 time with him, it's an occasion to meet someone that mean alot to me blablabla... (And he would start to laugh and would not answer, Cause I would've understood it --")

Sera, my cousin lives in the west coast. I am from the east. We see each other every two or three months. But honestly, I know someone that's supporting me with that, but this lady already has an inscription in that same show for another artist, and she can't come twice --". So there's clearly no friends that could help me on that one (I would be on my own...)

Some know about "me and mika" :roftl: But I never spreaded this too much because I don't really like to talk about myself in front of people (when I'm clearly in front of them :teehee: , let's not count twitter :aah: ) And the thing is, I already know the result of this, because someone already met their idol and it some rumors stayed for a while: Oh what did you do with him? (person answers something, then the story gets twisted) but yes, I said that it was on TV, but people are interrested about backstage footage (yes this is how my school is pathetic).

To conclude what I wrote, I am VERY shy because people would have never expected me to be on TV, and I'm not ONLY shy because I'm on TV, It's really everyday duty, even tho it's my forth year in High School. *you asked alot of questions, I can make a book about that :aah:

Edited by RayaBadran

Raya why do you think it would risk your reputation or that if people twist the story a bit it would be harmful? Do you think you will embarrass yourself on the show or just that people will be mean to you because they are jealous?

I'm not quite sure what you meant about pay meet and greets because Mika doesn't charge for them but there are other ways to meet him.

Anyway if this is something you really want to do maybe talking to your parents is the first hurdle to get over? Sounds like your mom would be sympathetic?

Raya why do you think it would risk your reputation or that if people twist the story a bit it would be harmful? Do you think you will embarrass yourself on the show or just that people will be mean to you because they are jealous?

I'm not quite sure what you meant about pay meet and greets because Mika doesn't charge for them but there are other ways to meet him.

Anyway if this is something you really want to do maybe talking to your parents is the first hurdle to get over? Sounds like your mom would be sympathetic?

i agree with Christine :blush-anim-cl:

What's the name of the show & what channel?

:teehee:Hi! My son , who won a t-shirt during Mika's christmas days on FaceBook, wanted to know if the other winners had already received their gift(s)? I told him that Santa Mika would come around january/february and would like to know if I were right

At college my coursework is an article on MIKA :naughty: meaning I get to spend my English lessons here on MFC :teehee: Also, in English the teacher asked for a word that stands for a group of words but is still a word itself, I wrote TOOL :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

:shocked: can i transfer to your course??:aah:

excellent work on that TOOL question, btw...:thumb_yello:

At college my coursework is an article on MIKA :naughty: meaning I get to spend my English lessons here on MFC :teehee: Also, in English the teacher asked for a word that stands for a group of words but is still a word itself, I wrote TOOL :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Good one :lmao::lmao::lmao:

i agree with Christine :blush-anim-cl:

What's the name of the show & what channel?

@Christine Yes, I probably think that they would be jealous, and oh, I never went to his gigs before, I didn't know that he never charged meets and greets (because usually others do) Thanks for telling! I will start to ask my mom, and I'm gonna go easy on the thing. We'll have some serious talk.

@GuylaineM VrakTv fanclub. It probably may tell you something by the name :bleh:

@Christine Yes, I probably think that they would be jealous, and oh, I never went to his gigs before, I didn't know that he never charged meets and greets (because usually others do) Thanks for telling! I will start to ask my mom, and I'm gonna go easy on the thing. We'll have some serious talk.

It's not guaranteed but if you can wait for awhile after the gig it's sometimes possible to see Mika after the show. He will usually stop and talk to fans who are waiting if he is able to. We saw him in Montreal before he left the venue, but you have to be prepared to stay and wait until he goes which can take an hour or two. :aah: He usually meets contest winners, etc. backstage as well but you have to be lucky to get something like that and those passes are not for sale.

Good luck with your mom! Let us know how it goes.

Well not everyone knows a lot of stuff like we do,shows just how awesome we are.:mf_rosetinted:

unless he/she thought it meant something else.:aah:

Haha yes :mf_rosetinted:

I hope you not only explained it as "The Origin Of Love", but also said it's upcoming Mika's album, and added how awesome Mika is... :mf_rosetinted:

I did :thumb_yello: most of my work in class is linked to mika somehow :mf_rosetinted:

• 2 weeks later...

The Brit Awards' 10 Worst Decisions Ever

1. Mika

In 2008, Mika won 'breakthrough act' ahead of Kate Nash, Klaxons, Bat For Lashes and Leona Lewis. This was the year of 'Bleeding Love', FYI. Since when has anything Mika's done ever topped 'Bleeding Love'? (Answer: never).

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=the_brit_awards_10_worst_decisions_ever&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Nice :mf_rosetinted:

Sometimes I can understand why Mika keeps ignoring UK.

Since when has anything Mika's done ever topped 'Bleeding Love'? (Answer: everything he's ever done is better than Bleeding Love . . . even Erase.).

There, I fixed that for them. :wink2:

THANK YOU - exactly!:thumb_yello:

Since when has anything Mika's done ever topped 'Bleeding Love'? (Answer: everything he's ever done is better than Bleeding Love . . . even Erase.).

There, I fixed that for them. :wink2:

thank you:naughty:.

(I got rather angry reading that.thank you Britain!!you lost a reader of your rubbish:mf_rosetinted: yeah!what are ya going to do now?::mf_rosetinted: )

NME just like to trash anything that's not cool/indie/whatever and they've had it in for Mika since 2007 so don't pay any mind to it.

Mika's always said he's Marmite and he got a lot of good press in the UK as well as some people who just used him as a punching bag for no reason other than that's what they do. (Perez Hilton used to slag Lily Allen off incessantly, but fawned all over Mika, so it works both ways.)