Cheers from Belgium

lynx

Hi everyone,

My name is Tineke, I'm 21 years old and I live in Ghent, Belgium. I work as a cashier for Delhaize, although I am planning on picking up university again next year. I recently bought me a studio and I am planning on moving in August. (So I can "run around like a clown" in my room again as it's currently stuffed with boxes. Yes, I am really looking forward to the move.)

I ADORE Mika's music. I have been addicted since I heard Grace Kelly for the first time and I could put "Good Gone Girl" on repeat all day just to hear him say "bars" and "cars." (I don't care that it's about hookers.) I am trying to get my parents to buy "The Boy Who Knew Too Much'" for me. (I keep being in debt at the end of every month. And now with Les Ardentes and the youth hostel I kind of HAD to book...) He has a song for every stage of my life.

I've been a musician for the second half of my life. I've been playing harp since I was 10 or so, and I used to sing in bands. I am trying to audition for something new, something good and that's a tad hard. One of the bands told me someone else was going to audition, then they were like, "she's had an accident and we already booked the room, so will you join us as it will cost us money if we don't show up", then they were like, "yeah, we cancelled, it's too late for us and we won't have enough time to rehearse anyway." (They were going to be there from 7 till 11 and I'd arrive at 8.30. How the hell is 2.5hrs. not enough time to rehearse? And aren't musicians trained to wait till they nearly fall asleep or go barking mad with nerves? I know I am! And em... so... that studio wasn't the problem after all, eh?) I got a really nice, complimenting e-mail from one of the Ayslin musicians and they are trying to set up a date for a "gathering" as apparently due to lack of a good singer they kind of haven't rehearsed in two to three years.

Is it true you can have a chat with Mika after his concerts? Does that count for festivals, too?

Tineke

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone,

My name is Tineke, I'm 21 years old and I live in Ghent, Belgium. I work as a cashier for Delhaize, although I am planning on picking up university again next year. I recently bought me a studio and I am planning on moving in August. (So I can "run around like a clown" in my room again as it's currently stuffed with boxes. Yes, I am really looking forward to the move.)

I ADORE Mika's music. I have been addicted since I heard Grace Kelly for the first time and I could put "Good Gone Girl" on repeat all day just to hear him say "bars" and "cars." (I don't care that it's about hookers.) I am trying to get my parents to buy "The Boy Who Knew Too Much'" for me. (I keep being in debt at the end of every month. And now with Les Ardentes and the youth hostel I kind of HAD to book...) He has a song for every stage of my life.

I've been a musician for the second half of my life. I've been playing harp since I was 10 or so, and I used to sing in bands. I am trying to audition for something new, something good and that's a tad hard. One of the bands told me someone else was going to audition, then they were like, "she's had an accident and we already booked the room, so will you join us as it will cost us money if we don't show up", then they were like, "yeah, we cancelled, it's too late for us and we won't have enough time to rehearse anyway." (They were going to be there from 7 till 11 and I'd arrive at 8.30. How the hell is 2.5hrs. not enough time to rehearse? And aren't musicians trained to wait till they nearly fall asleep or go barking mad with nerves? I know I am! And em... so... that studio wasn't the problem after all, eh?) I got a really nice, complimenting e-mail from one of the Ayslin musicians and they are trying to set up a date for a "gathering" as apparently due to lack of a good singer they kind of haven't rehearsed in two to three years.

Is it true you can have a chat with Mika after his concerts? Does that count for festivals, too?

Tineke

Hello :bye: and nice introduction, I know someone from Ghent too, her name here is ilseh1983 and I like Good Gone Girl too, especially when he says ''dance, dance'' :teehee:

About the chat with Mika, yes, usually he does meet and greets after his shows, including festivals. Hope you can get TBWKTM soon and a M&G at Les Ardentes Festival too.

By the way...

welcome.jpg

Have a lot of fun here :biggrin2:

hey , Welkom op MFC :biggrin2:

heb je pm al gezien, zal er nog op antwoorden ;)

ik ben ook world rep voor belgië dus als je vragen hebt kan je altijd bij mij of een van de mods terecht. We hebben ook een thread waar je als je wil in je eigen taal kan babbelen,

hier is de link :wink2:http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24214

hoop dat je hier een heel leuke tijd zal hebben :biggrin2:

Welcome to MFC! I'm from the Netherlands and will be at Liege too! So, we'll prob. will meet there! It's gonna be one big MFC reunion!

Have a lot of fun here! it's a bit quiet now and then, but as soon as the festivals start with Mika, that will change!

Omg I really said cars, didn't I? Of course I meant guitar. Silly me.

I have just spent about five minutes wondering about that..........I thought it was me! :roftl:

Welcome to MFC, I hope you have fun here...........and I hope you also have fun when you move! :thumb_yello:

As a lot of people have said...there will be quite a few of us at the Festival in Leige so hopefully we will meet.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time there - the first time seeing Mika is always very special.:mf_lustslow:

Thankies :-D

I had a terrific thing to start the day with after a horrible night:

001bt3tp

I'm having quite an amount of nightmares & it's always fun seeing someone uploaded the cutest thing ever for you.

Archived