Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she's a sort of VISA to the video, she is a brand, something that gives value to it. And maybe she's just a fan of Mika's, and wanted to join the project? :wink2:

Yes, I thought so... The thing is that I don´t know how important she really is since I never heard of her, or saw her.... (I imagined she was the girl in red cause she was the "main" character or sthing like that). Still, if even Mika thinks the vid was done for fun, and I really really really think he didn´t put too much effort on the result of the vid.... why hiring her?? IMO, and please,don´t missunderstand me, it´s just my opinion, this vid is kinda devaluating her....

The same reason Mika dresses up like a clown for Louboutin's videos I guess :dunno:

Mika and Christian are "friends" or at last, Christian is Mika´s shoes provider... well, anyway... I don´t know why I still want to find a reason to like the vid, I know I won´t get it. I just hope that Mika gets what he wants with this vid, if it works in France or Canada´s frenchies cities, is enough, I guess. I know it won´t be aired in Spain, so....

IMO, and please,don´t missunderstand me, it´s just my opinion, this vid is kinda devaluating her....

I don't think this video is doing any favours to anyone associated with it. Except maybe grandpa who seems to be quite popular. :roftl:

I don't think this video is doing any favours to anyone associated with it. Except maybe grandpa who seems to be quite popular. :roftl:

Oh, yes... if Wes Craven is thinking of doing "nightmare on Elm Street part 9843578943" I think he could hire that man. He already has the ugly pullover... pfffff

okay so I analysed it to convince you it´s really not Mika. :biggrin2:

I took snaps from every scene in the video.

I found 4 proofs if I can say that. :aah: Because there´s nothing to prove, but anyway.

First. You were talking about his hands. here you go.

mikaproof.jpg

Nothing in commun for me. :mf_rosetinted:

Second. Okay, they coud mask his face and put him a wig on his head. it´s possible. but they could NOT change the form of his head. :mf_rosetinted:

NOTMIKAPROOF.jpg

This is everything but not Mika´s profile.

Third. You said the dancing scene. It´s possible, but in the next scene we can see that the body is the old man´s. Take a look on his pants - same lines.

mikaeee.jpg

Fourth. Most serious evidence. his TEETH people, his TEETH. Until he´s not 87 years old and he doesn´t need a fake denture, so he could change them, it´s not his teeth.

teethproof.jpg

:pinkbow:

It´s not Mika.

Loving your work! :naughty:

I LOVE it, so french and ironical and cool, and Fanny Ardant is such an icone! :thumb_yello:

I LOVE it.

Bravo Mika, especially because YOU are not in it!! :biggrin2:

p.s. I'm NOT saying i love the song though :teehee:

Not seeing any irony in it Robi?

I don't know if any of you experienced this, but I went from straight repulsion to actually liking the video in the same day. :insane: Not loving, but just liking it. And some posts that I read a couple pages back perfectly describe my opinion on this video - it is, it looks and it feels French. :wink2:

me too! :freak:

well not in the same day, but in the same week :aah:

First time I saw it I didn't hate it but I really, really, really didn't like it :teehee: I'm starting to like it more today, which is the second time I've seen it

I think it was the difference between what I was expecting and of what I got, like some have said, like when you read a book and then watch the movie..

But seeing it in a more "subjective way" ? like someone who hasn't think much of the song or hasn't heard it before; is a good vid

Um have you ever seen Mika before? Because that's not him! :roftl: There is nothing about this man that looks even remotely like Mika. Thank gawd because he is positively revolting. :boxed:

I don't think anyone was put off with WAG because it was gay (there are homophobes who hate everything that Mika does but that's a separate issue). Based on comments I've seen on YT and other message boards (that are not Mika fan boards) I think some just thought it was creepy because he looks well into his late 20s and they didn't want to see Mika's...err...you know....privates. :teehee:

I don't think WAG was necessarily a good marketing tool and it would have been better for me if Mika was wearing some sort of top throughout the video. But otherwise I thought it was perfect and I hope he makes another video of that quality for the next album because I have been pretty disappointed with all of his videos since Love Today. You can do low budget/simple concept without it looking cheap and lame.

Besides, my dog was in the WAG video which kind of forces me to love it:mf_rosetinted:

And the old man is not Mika. You won't convince me he is. I have developed a Mikaradar in the past 4 years (which has proven to be quite effective in certain situations) and it's not ringing:mf_rosetinted:

What got me upset was when people started commenting about a 20something man trying to act like a teenager, and ridiculing the vid. I understood that he was playing a character, others did not.

Yes, this is what I mean. If the majority or people don't 'get' a video, it is not a good one. People don't need to like it but at least understand what he is on about He can't visit each and every tv station explaining what the song and the video are about.:doh:

As a fan I found the video for WAG funny but I totally understood the reaction of 'the average' viewer.

As for EMD, I don't mind it but I don't care about it much, either. I doubt even he considers either this song or the video a key work of his. He is simply repeating the same story he has been for a while but now it is in French. I think most of us are probably upset because we were expecting him to mature a bit in both image and sound and it hasn't happened yet. In fact, instead of the expected progress it feels like regress..:roftl:

However, I am not yet worried. He should concentrate on the main body of the new album now and try a bit harder to make sure his creative ideas work on all levels.

And now I have a question... though I already was "warned" about how important Fanny Ardant was, I still don´t understand why Mika needed such an important actress to do what she´s doing in the vid... or am I missing anything??

she's a sort of VISA to the video, she is a brand, something that gives value to it. And maybe she's just a fan of Mika's, and wanted to join the project? :wink2:

The same reason Mika dresses up like a clown for Louboutin's videos I guess :dunno:

:roftl:

I view it differently. Since all the characters in the video look and act rather geekish, I suppose the beautiful and charismatic mum is meant to represent how the family are all being manipulated by her without them even noticing. :teehee:

People don't need to like it but at least understand what he is on about He can't visit each and every tv station explaining what the song and the video are about.:doh:

I NEVER know what Mika is on about :lmfao: Sometimes videos are entertaining and sometimes they're not. I simply prefer to see a good looking guy dancing around than a frightening old man. I prefer to see my favourite singer singing his songs than some random people I have no interest in. Call me crazy :freak:

Archived