Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I've figured out how everyone is related in the video . . . (yes, I have way too much free time, and also too many thoughts in my head! :teehee:)

Here's a screencap with everyone numbered.

001dqq24

Here's what I think. 1 and 2 are the parents of 3 and 4 (who are sisters). 4 is the mother of 7. 3 is the mother of 5, who is married to 6. 8 and 9 are the children of 5 and 6.

Good observation! :thumb_yello: But are you sure that 1 and 2 are the parents of 3 or 4? They look like they are the same age.

But it does look like a family photo.

But I like the video, and I think it fits with lyrics. and it´s french. and french people are a bit different. so I think it´s made mainly for them and they will like, cause I guess it´s their cup of tea.

Mmm... I don't like the video. :biggrin2: On You Tube, many of them don't like it too. Some people love it, some don't. :wink2:

oh I also think the actors weren´t that good sometimes, for example that boy behind notebook, he did the same thing twice, or that one with dumbbell, it was so obvious that he was acting.

But I like the video, and I think it fits with lyrics. and it´s french. and french people are a bit different. so I think it´s made mainly for them and they will like, cause I guess it´s their cup of tea.

And after hearing Mika´s presentation of EMD video, I couldn´t hate. :biggrin2:

I'm am French, but it's not my cup of tea :no:

My fav Mika vids are "Happy Ending", "Relax" and "Lollipop"...I like vids that make me dream, this one doesn't make me dream at all :roftl:

I'm am French, but it's not my cup of tea :no:

My fav Mika vids are "Happy Ending", "Relax" and "Lollipop"...I like vids that make me dream, this one doesn't make me dream at all :roftl:

Not even that part "elle me dit, oui un jour tu me tueras... ? " :mf_rosetinted:

Well i love it:wub2:

its odd, crazy, dysfonctionnal family totally fits the song, esp. towards the end when they dance dance dance:biggrin2::wub2:

and thats all ill say here :teehee:

+1 :wub2:

I dunno. I understand you all who doesn´t like it. But I just can´t help it, it doesn´t seem bad or unprofessional or not-funny to me. I like it. :kachinga:

Since my last post I have watched it a several more times, in my attempt to convince myself the video is not that bad. I have found some parts that I like, and maybe it will grow on me, at some time or other.

But I have noticed something: lately, more and more official music videos have parts lip-synced by the fans or other characters, or even whole videos done in the same way. For example, Sara Bareilles`s `Uncharted`

This song is brilliant, but the video isn`t anything more than ok, I think.

Those little parts in Pink`s `Raise your Glass` were genious,and the song is awesome too.

In Romania an artist asked his fans to record themselves while they were lip-syncing one of his songs, and he made his official music video out of that records.

Maybe this is a new form of creativity the music industry is exploring. I don`t say Mika would do something just because it`s popular, and please don`t criticise me because I have a lot of spare time and a mind with the ability to make weird connections. It`s just one little thing that may be or may be not true.

But Elle Me Dit was obviously not meant to be such a hit. It was just meant to be a kind of bonus, or a stop-gap song to let ppl know he's still here, and it was also released to promote the Compiege gig in France. So I suppose we couldn't expect a video to rival such a vid as Happy Ending (my all-time fave Mika vid) but it is pleasant and it is fun, and it does fit the song.

I think `Elle me dit` could actually be a hit. I mean, I like this song and I think it has a potetential, so why not?

SlOKnoQR5EA

Dunno if it´s been posted.

This is the video where Mika presents his new video. in case someone needs a translation, it´s here.

(maybe I didn´t catch it all properly, french MFCers please correct me if I´m wrong. :teehee:)

But I think I´m very close.

He said:

Hey it´s Mika. The song Elle Me Dit was finished few weeks ago, and 48 hours later it was on radio. It´s probably the fastest transition that I´ve had with a song. It wasn´t planned at all for the album, that´s gonna be in English, but it comes 2012. There are some songs in french version, bonuses that are in french. but now we said - why not? it´s fun, it has a good esprit (dunno what he meant xD) why should we wait? so we released the song and we did this video with the director "IcantRepeatTheName", she´s australian, with ofc the participation of Fanny Ardant. I´m a big fan of Fanny, so my visual references were ...(he was talking about some french movie I guess)

I adore the video, I think it´s fun, I think it has the same esprit as the song, it´s summer, it´s pop, but it´s a little weird, ok, weird enough as a music video, but it makes me smile, and I hope you´ll like too, voila, Elle me dit on french youtube, check it out. ;)

You're genius Lucia!!! Thank you sooo much!!! I couldn't understand a word, but now.... :thumb_yello:

Not even that part "elle me dit, oui un jour tu me tueras... ? " :mf_rosetinted:

I dunno. I understand you all who doesn´t like it. But I just can´t help it, it doesn´t seem bad or unprofessional or not-funny to me. I like it. :kachinga:

:teehee:very true!

i think it could have been better, but i still like it:teehee:

theres nothing to do with me iom a :fangurl: till the end:naughty:

oh well... true... dance, dance, dance fits :aah::aah:

:mf_rosetinted:you, go in the corner:mf_rosetinted:------------->

Maybe the vid is too French for me :lmfao::roftl:

I adooored the videoo!!! :wub2::roftl:

I had so much fun watching itt!!!!!!! the people are fantastic!!!!!!! specially the boy with the plant... and the old madams!!! one of them is really alike with my grandmaa!!! OMG!!!:roftl: really hilarious! as Mika said: it's weird, but I think in an amazing way! I loved it, enjoyed it...great!!!!! and the story shown was great with the song! now, I simply think this new album is gonna be fab!!!! :thumb_yello::naughty:

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! :mf_lustslow:

I love Amelie, too -- lost track of how many times I've watched it, as

it's one of my favorites. But this video does not remind me of it at all.

:no:

Hey, it didn't need to be a masterpiece video. Just something sweet, bright and simple for french television, and i think it met that mark quite neatly.

I can see why hard-core fans generally don't like it. They want Mika in all his shining, artistic glory. Still, this is a single between albums. It's not a big comback that needs neon lights and a stunning video polished to perfection.

See, I don't think that way at all. I've always felt that a thing worth

doing is worth doing right. "Good enough" may be the outcome, but I

think you should always start out striving for "exceptional" -- you should

always put your best effort forward. To me, perfection is always the goal

even if, realistically, I know that nothing in life is perfect.

My husband tells me, "Perfect" is the enemy of "good." But

I would never, ever start out to do something saying, "I just want this

to be OK, I'm not going to kill myself over it." I just don't like the idea

of starting out with the idea that I'm going to "settle" for "good enough."

I always thought Mika was that sort of perfectionist as well, but I guess not. :dunno:

But I think that's one of the reasons I'm disappointed in this video --

I get the feeling that it was made with that "it doesn't matter, it'll be good

enough" sensibility. And normally, with Mika's projects, whatever they

are, I usually feel that he at least tried to make something special,

even if the end product isn't to my liking. Oh well. As I said earlier, I'll

just have to wait for the next video and the album.

Not disappointed, but surprised Mika wasn't in it. I guess it must have been he was in the middle of the festival shows. Although that was the week he was in between gigs, but I guess he wanted a rest.

Anyhoo, the video itself.

I saw the intro video where he said it was inspired by The Royal Tenenbaums movie, I can see that clearly (love that film), about the ultimate disfunctional family.

It's got a quirkiness to it that appeals to me, and I like the colours in it.

And yes, I like the old man and the guy singing to his cactus (I find that bit quite funny:naughty:).

The lip syching is a little offputting, maybe it's intentional to fit in with the quirkiness, I don't know. But I quite like it.

I always thought Mika was that sort of perfectionist as well, but I guess not. :dunno:

I'm glad someone mentioned this, because it's exactly what I think and exactly the reason I stick to him and his music. There're not so many perfectionists nowadays and even there are plenty of pop-stars who claim to be "perfectionists", that doesn't really show in their work. But with Meeks, boy did it show! Everything was put together so carefully from the first record (even from the demos) up to this French phase he's going through. And yes, I consider this very poorly done, this is why I said everything was neat until this. And by this I am especially referring to this music video.

It's definitely my opinion, because I am sure the video is growing on people from France and else where. But I care too much for videos, being an amateur photographer myself, and I know that his earlier videos were those that made me say "Dude, this guy is seriously a breath of fresh air, musically and graphically speaking". It's better to hope for the best, but expect the least sometimes though :wink2:.

I admire your thinking, it shows a lot of discipline. Personally I like to think the same way, in theory. I real life I always end up giving a lot of time, effort and energy only to things I'm really interested in and the rest is always "good enough" :aah:

About this video, I'm sure he had some time and budget limits. He was busy touring and at the same time already in a hurry back to the studio to continue his album.

I was hoping that Mika will pop up when they had this photo-like-taken thingie at the end, but despite the fact that Mika didn't show up, I love the video!

As many said, it is so french, so colourful, fun and a bit chaotic! I love the wallpapers :aah:

Oh and the cactus-loving guy is my favourite :aah:

What a lovely family! :pinkbow:

Archived