Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, that's news to me. Thanks for posting it.

:blink:

It sounds as if he has become Mika's official blogger now... :naughty:

I knew they were friends but him promising to keep updating readers with Mika news sounds really promising:thumb_yello: (no newsworthy info in this blog though:teehee:)

You're welcome :wink2:

Hi guys, here cool article by Arjan Writes (Official blogger for GRAMMY.com. CNN on-air music contributor, Host of Pop, bla bla :teehee:) about EMD video :wink2:

"The best thing about the new Mika video is that the one of our fave pop singers is back with a potent new tune. The worst thing about this new video is that Mika is not in it. Instead of being featured in the video, Mika opted to enlist French actress Fanny Ardant to add some sizzle and star power to the video the single, "Elle Me Dit." The singer did, however, record a brief introduction to the song for his fans to enjoy. (Watch it after the break.)

Fans fear not. Despite his absence, this mini music flick has Mika's signature all over it. The colorful video is best described as an updated, happy-go-lucky version of The Royal Tenebaums with family members dancing and prancing around the house for some good, clean fun.

"Elle Me Dit" (that translates to She Tells Me) is taken from Mika's forthcoming new album "The Origins Of Love." Mika has been collaborating wth an impressive slew of music makers who will add an eclectic and exciting new dimension to Mika's distinct brand of pop, including Empire Of The Sun's Nick Littlemore and William Orbit, the musical brain behind Madonna's "Ray Of Light" project, and Martin Solveig who is having a global smash with his single "Hello." Stay tuned for Mika updates soon."

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2011/08/first-look-mika-releases-video-for-new-single-elle-me-dit.html#.Tk6qr12Qtkg

Thank you :huglove:

Yes this is what concerns me. :aah: If he was actually French and this is how things were it would be natural but it just seems odd that a British/American artist is not doing well in English speaking markets.

I don't know, maybe it's the best thing for him and the best of both worlds :dunno: He doesn't have to compromise, he doesn't have to pound the pavement to make a good living, he doesn't have the tabloids all up in his day-to-day business.

As a North American/English speaking fan though I find it extremely disappointing/limiting. He is just so inaccessible to us compared to 2007 and not at all for the reasons I feared back then that Mika may become inaccessible. I thought he would become inaccessible because he was a superstar like Gaga or Katy Perry, not because he would change is focus so much that his English speaking fans can barely relate to him anymore and oftentimes literally cannot understand him.

In my country we are always keeping a close eye on artists from the North American/English side of the world. Not so much to artists from France, and I think it's the same for the whole Scandinavia.

We know about the biggest names of course but when it comes to pop music I imagine they have to work really hard to reach the Scandinavian market.:dunno:

EnMusique.ca, a Quebec music site, also blogged about "Elle me dit":

you can read here:

http://blogue.enmusique.ca/ (2nd down i think)

you can follow them on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/siteEnMusiqueCa

They are up-to-date with local concerts, use twitter during concerts, post pics while it's happening.

they also have interviews, exclusives etc...

:thumb_yello:

Well, i still think the old man is Frederic Beigbeder(the one who was with him at Tout le monde en parle) :shun: (as someone pointed out to me, very similar:naughty:)

:mf_rosetinted:

He also looks like a character here:

grand-papa-bi-a-la-table.jpg

just saying:mf_rosetinted:

grand-papa bi? from passe-partout? :aah:

i also find the old man looks like Frederic Beigbeder :teehee:

That Arjan article sounds like a Universal press release.

:roftl: yes, this is a more appropriate description than mine, actually.:teehee:

In fact, it sounds like the official press release about the video and Mika's accompanying message. He is also listing all the known key facts about the coming album that one can find in all the other press releases but he forgot to delete the 'stay tuned' part.:doh:

EnMusique.ca, a Quebec music site, also blogged about "Elle me dit":

you can read here:

http://blogue.enmusique.ca/ (2nd down i think)

Thank you for posting it.

It sounds positive.:thumb_yello:

I've been watching the vid again and again this week and everytime I feel as if I was watching my favorite French comedy from the 60s or 70s. Honestly it reminds me so much of a mini film and not just because Fanny Ardant is in it. Btw Fanny is such an amazing actress. All the characters that appear in the video are really interesting and what can I say about the old man, he absolutely rocks:biggrin2:

I think this vid fits the song perfectly, really love it and really love the introduction videos as well:wub2:

Hi guys, here cool article by Arjan Writes (Official blogger for GRAMMY.com. CNN on-air music contributor, Host of Pop, bla bla :teehee:) about EMD video :wink2:

"The best thing about the new Mika video is that the one of our fave pop singers is back with a potent new tune. The worst thing about this new video is that Mika is not in it. Instead of being featured in the video, Mika opted to enlist French actress Fanny Ardant to add some sizzle and star power to the video the single, "Elle Me Dit." The singer did, however, record a brief introduction to the song for his fans to enjoy. (Watch it after the break.)

Fans fear not. Despite his absence, this mini music flick has Mika's signature all over it. The colorful video is best described as an updated, happy-go-lucky version of The Royal Tenebaums with family members dancing and prancing around the house for some good, clean fun.

"Elle Me Dit" (that translates to She Tells Me) is taken from Mika's forthcoming new album "The Origins Of Love." Mika has been collaborating wth an impressive slew of music makers who will add an eclectic and exciting new dimension to Mika's distinct brand of pop, including Empire Of The Sun's Nick Littlemore and William Orbit, the musical brain behind Madonna's "Ray Of Light" project, and Martin Solveig who is having a global smash with his single "Hello." Stay tuned for Mika updates soon."

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2011/08/first-look-mika-releases-video-for-new-single-elle-me-dit.html#.Tk6qr12Qtkg

it's good to know that Arjan likes it, t4p:thumb_yello:

:lmfao: a "f***ing off" album is entirely different from a "f*** off" album though. :roftl:

(I hope you don't get hurt by me saying this - I know what you meant but I couldn't resist saying that:teehee:)

yes, you are absolutely right about the promotional element. Music videos are a means of promotion. If they don't get played for whatever reason or viewers don't like them, no amount of reasoning about 'artistic expression' can justify their existence. Fanny Ardant being in the video might provide enough interest for this one in France and some other European countries, too, so it might actually become as a successful video.

As for the promotion of the TBWKTM, I think it is a complex matter but it may also have to do with the music itself, or at least the songs they chose to promote it with. I actually often hear almost all the songs from LICM including songs like My Interpretation or Ring Ring used for film /tv series trailers..etc, but from the second album nothing or not the singles that were chosen to promote the album but other songs like Blue Eyes.

In my country, we keep having fans saying how they heard nothing about the second album even though they are interested in popular music and only realised Mika was still around by having seen his name at festivals. Even though Mika was in the news with WAG explaining what he wanted to express with that, the video itself was not played on music channels here and the review and comments he got online for that probably made it the unsuitable for Universal for further push. Besides, they had Lady Gaga already and Mika was simply not present on the music scene in other countries, either.

I think Hungary is similar to other smaller countries in that most new music gets screened based on the fact if they have charted in UK / US / Germany or not and it is due to financial reasons: an internationally established pop star needs less care locally (ie. small local labels are not going to invest in the promotion of a foreign musician unless they have proven themselves somewhere else). It is simply market reality, you can't change that. So that is why it is important that Mika returns to the UK charts with the next album. If that does not happen, it will be his own record company waving him goodbye. He could still have a contract with Universal France but if he wants to stay as a key player on the international scene, it is a success in the UK and US that he needs. Success in the rest of the countries will take care of itself.

Well said!

No, that's news to me. Thanks for posting it.

:blink:

It sounds as if he has become Mika's official blogger now... :naughty:

I knew they were friends but him promising to keep updating readers with Mika news sounds really promising:thumb_yello: (no newsworthy info in this blog though:teehee:)

It is newsworthy for ppl who have thought Mika had disappeared. Now they know he's back! I love that blog! God bless that guy!

It is newsworthy for ppl who have thought Mika had disappeared. Now they know he's back! I love that blog! God bless that guy!
oh yes, sorry, I didn't use the right word. What I meant is that there is nothing new in that article we didn't know already. Of course what he says carries a lot of new information that people who don't regularly search for Mika related news might have missed.
Getting back to the video: What`s your suggestion of main characters` relations ? I mean - how are they related to each other ?
I haven't thought about it that much. They are obviously there to represent Mika's family and close friends of the family, but I don't think that there is a direct equivalent of each character. :dunno: At the casting probably they selected all the people who could act relatively well to represent a giddy family :teehee:

I haven't thought about it that much. They are obviously there to represent Mika's family and close friends of the family, but I don't think that there is a direct equivalent of each character. :dunno: At the casting probably they selected all the people who could act relatively well to represent a giddy family :teehee:

Sure, they are not !!!

That`s why I`m asking. I know Mika`s family members and don`t need any explanation on that point.

I wonder about the vid - still think there`s some cheeky connection between the heroes. :dunno:

What`s your suggestion of main characters` relations ? I mean - how are they related to each other ?

I think I've figured out how everyone is related in the video . . . (yes, I have way too much free time, and also too many thoughts in my head! :teehee:)

Here's a screencap with everyone numbered.

001dqq24

Here's what I think. 1 and 2 are the parents of 3 and 4 (who are sisters). 4 is the mother of 7. 3 is the mother of 5, who is married to 6. 8 and 9 are the children of 5 and 6.

:wink2:

:roftl: yes, this is a more appropriate description than mine, actually.:teehee:

In fact, it sounds like the official press release about the video and Mika's accompanying message. He is also listing all the known key facts about the coming album that one can find in all the other press releases but he forgot to delete the 'stay tuned' part.:doh:

Thank you for posting it.

It sounds positive.:thumb_yello:

It is a positive blog, they are basically saying that they like the video & they are looking forward to Mika's 3rd album.

When i saw it the first time, i wrote to them as they had made a mistake & they corrected it the same day. (they had mentioned that his 3rd album was in french & they weren't sure why the name "origin of love" was in english.

they said they read it from a very popular french magazine. :naughty:)

grand-papa bi? from passe-partout? :aah:

i also find the old man looks like Frederic Beigbeder :teehee:

:mf_rosetinted:yes!!!!!!!!!!:naughty:

i was talking about you:mf_rosetinted:*coughs*

anyways, i still like this vid very much :fangurl:

Archived