Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

Sorry I like this video because it is totally what the song is about just like WAG. Also Mika is 'homemade' in everything so this is Mika in every way. I thought he would appear in a cameo but he didn't :boxed:. I have no problem with that. It's the music that should do it and the video, not only the singer. So Mika well done :thumb_yello: it is everything that I expected. This is my opinion for what it is worth :wink2:

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know what you mean, but really, home made Penniman stuff looks so much better than this. Something's clearly wrong :roftl:.

Yeah it's the acting that's amateur. The set, the direction, the clothes, etc., the rest is great quality. But the entire video depends on the quality of the acting IMO. I think if they had been given clear roles and a bit of a cute story with absolutely no lip synching it could have worked.

Can't say I'll probably ever be much interested in a Mika video without Mika in it, but that's a separate issue.

Yeah it's the acting that's amateur. The set, the direction, the clothes, etc., the rest is great quality. But the entire video depends on the quality of the acting IMO. I think if they had been given clear roles and a bit of a cute story with absolutely no lip synching it could have worked.

Can't say I'll probably ever be much interested in a Mika video without Mika in it, but that's a separate issue.

they're repeating what the mother said so the lip sync is imo almost necessary here...

But I have noticed something: lately, more and more official music videos have parts lip-synced by the fans or other characters, or even whole videos done in the same way.

Scott Grimes did that for his song "Hide". The video starts with 21 seconds of him playing guitar, and then the rest of it is snippets of his friends, family and fans lip-synching the lyrics - and I love it. Some of the footage is shaky, some grainy, and the whole effect lends a lot of "heart" to the video:

I love that video, and find it very "honest" and very fun. And what's more, I find it interesting. I'm not getting any of that from the Elle Me Dit vid. Sorry Mika, but if I'm honest I actually find it kind of boring. :aah:

I have just watched the video for the second time and realised that I had not even posted an opinion about the video itself, despite all the fun we had on the thread last night/this morning. :doh:

:teehee:

Luckily, I don't have to spend much time with it as violet_sky summed it up perfectly already:

I haven't read the thread in detail but I understand there is a lot of dislike for the new video. :roftl:

I think it's hilarious, though. Fantastically trashy, low budget and thus fits the song just perfectly. And I don't mean it in a negative way at all. I like the colors and the massive over the topness of everything - especially patterns :roftl:

The bad lip synching seems more like stylistic device to me than failure.

All in all it's by far not anywhere near the cringeworthyness of the embarrassing piece of crap he did for WAG. :dunno:

I definitely don't have to have Mika starring in all videos for his own songs.

The video is just as idiotic as the song itself, which I like, actually, it's just that I don't get overexcited about disposable pop songs in French. :dunno:

To me, WAG was also more embarrassing to watch and I think it even harmed Mika's career in certain countries. Or maybe in most of them. I doubt the message got through with that one. It was ridiculed whilst this one is already ridiculous, so basically harmless. I doubt I will ever watch it again though. :roftl:

So ... no Mika

Terrible acting and no attempt at "proper" lipsynching

Very choppy cutting

Cheap and flashy

I love it :teehee:

I think it catches the mood of the song just right

It's flippant, colourful and full of people who danse, danse, danse

It is not one of the great video masterpieces of our time, but that can wait for another song :naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:This one looks like it was made by a second year art student

I like it! I actually love the 'over acting' :teehee:

And I didn't have anything in mind really, but it's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of (I know I don't make sense to you, but in my brain I do :mf_rosetinted::roftl::roftl::roftl:)

And yeah, I deff hate the fact that Mika is not in it :sneaky2: But hopefully it's because he's too busy with the album :teehee:

I don't mind the over acting ether.

It is a shame that mika isn't in the vid him self but maybe

it doesn't matter in anyway, seeing as how they won't play Elle Me Dit on the tv over here in holland in anyway.

And when i'm playing Elle Me Dit loud in my car I can't see it ether. (just a bit frustrated that mika isn't more popular over here :dunno: )

thankfully there are enough other pic. and vid. of mika out there for me to watch thanks to all MFC-ers. :group_hug:

Sometimes my head stars spinning when on You-tube. :biggrin2:

:naughty: it's not like we don't have plenty time til the album comes out :fisch: it's an idea :dunno:

And I like your idea :teehee:

If he recorded the English version and released it soon :mf_rosetinted: We could make that one :mf_rosetinted: But that's SO not gonna happen :roftl:

ooo and donno if it has been mentioned yet but those two vids of him talking about the video TOTALLY make up for him not being in the actual video himself.:mf_lustslow:

No :mf_rosetinted: It's never enough of Mika :mf_rosetinted: She should ALSO be in the vid :mf_rosetinted:

maybe we should show Mika how good we would have been at acting in his video :biggrin2:

Are you proposing that we all together make a video for elle me dit? :teehee:

That's actually a brilliant idea. I think we may even have some prizes still kicking around to sweeten the deal... :fisch:

That's actually a brilliant idea. I think we may even have some prizes still kicking around to sweeten the deal... :fisch:

I definitely have a few items gathering dust here in my closet that could

use a new home. :thumb_yello:

Archived