Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, WAG was also more embarrassing to watch and I think it even harmed Mika's career in certain countries. Or maybe in most of them. I doubt the message got through with that one. It was ridiculed whilst this one is already ridiculous, so basically harmless. I doubt I will ever watch it again though. :roftl:

Mika gained 90% of the fans he has now in my country thanks to that vid.... Teenagers were absolutely in love of that skinny guy in his underwear...

so i watched the vid, it's not what i expected (it's like someone said if you're reading a book you make the imaginary world in your head, i also did it with this song)

having said that, i do like it, it's funny :)

Mika gained 90% of the fans he has now in my country thanks to that vid.... Teenagers were absolutely in love of that skinny guy in his underwear...

..whilst media in other countries found it slightly odd to have gay images in a clip that was seemingly for and / or about teenagers. I don't even think it was particularly slylish: Mika simply looked like an over-aged teenager and many people didn't get what he and the song was about. Therefore, it was never played. It was never played and the second album flopped. I wouldn't blame the video only, of course, but the shock campaign they came up with did not work. Besides, he alienated most of his previous fans who were not in the target age group. So he gained a lot of teenage fans but he lost hundreds of thousands of others. I hope next time he manages to get his message across slightly better. :emot-sad:

it's funny, cos in my country the video wasn't that popular at all, they played Rain more methinks... but what made Mika very popular was a fantastic gig he had last year on Exit festival, it was even officially named the best opening of the festival in its 10 years of existence :wink2:

sorry for the little offtopic :biggrin2:

The old guy is Mika in a wig.

EDIT:

We won't know unless he tells us, but I am putting all my chips in the pot and saying that's Mika with very good makeup and contacts.

They didn't age his hands.

They didn't age his neck.

Nobody else in the world moves like Mika.

Nobody else in the world has that pattern of hair on his forearms.

The old man in the video is Mika.

:aah::roftl:

I knew it:mf_rosetinted:

I`m late with my opinion (:aah:) but I like the vid. I missed Mika in it at the beginning but the thought that it is good without him aswell. He doesn`t have to be in every vid himself (only my opinion) and for me all the little things the vid was about reminded me a lot of mika (dunno why:blink: )

so I like the vid but hope that there will be others with meeks himself in it:naughty:

EDIT:

We won't know unless he tells us, but I am putting all my chips in the pot and saying that's Mika with very good makeup and contacts.

Stop at 0:57 - those teeth are not Mika´s.

and Mika´s hands are skinnier I think.

..whilst media in other countries found it slightly odd to have gay images in a clip that was seemingly for and / or about teenagers. I don't even think it was particularly slylish: Mika simply looked like an over-aged teenager and many people didn't get what he and the song was about. Therefore, it was never played. It was never played and the second album flopped. I wouldn't blame the video only, of course, but the shock campaign they came up with did not work. Besides, he alienated most of his previous fans who were not in the target age group. So he gained a lot of teenage fans but he lost hundreds of thousands of others. I hope next time he manages to get his message across slightly better. :emot-sad:

I understand it... Maybe it arrived here when my country was doing a step forward admiting that gays are also human beings (with all the marriage between gays and stuff talking) and maybe it helped a bit... I´m not saying this is the reason, but I´m trying to figure out why it worked here and not abroad. In fact, I´ve seen that the average of Spanish fans is younger than in the rest of the world. Crazy queues here :mf_rosetinted:

EDIT:

I think you may be right.

Check out the hands, they are Mika's hands.

Um have you ever seen Mika before? Because that's not him! :roftl: There is nothing about this man that looks even remotely like Mika. Thank gawd because he is positively revolting. :boxed:

I don't think anyone was put off with WAG because it was gay (there are homophobes who hate everything that Mika does but that's a separate issue). Based on comments I've seen on YT and other message boards (that are not Mika fan boards) I think some just thought it was creepy because he looks well into his late 20s and they didn't want to see Mika's...err...you know....privates. :teehee:

I don't think WAG was necessarily a good marketing tool and it would have been better for me if Mika was wearing some sort of top throughout the video. But otherwise I thought it was perfect and I hope he makes another video of that quality for the next album because I have been pretty disappointed with all of his videos since Love Today. You can do low budget/simple concept without it looking cheap and lame.

Archived