Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally agree with you!!! :thumb_yello:

Yeah!!

That's the fun of it, and the geniality, above all in the two guys that are his "bad copy", I don't know if someone noticed, I'm reading the posts from the beginning!

I think this video is weird, even for French people :teehee: I'm used to weird things with Mika and I generally like them, but I'm not impressed with this one. Maybe it's just too simple.. I like the song so much more than the video.. I hope it won't put me off it..

I do get the reference to François Ozon though, the scenery is very much alike to what we can see in '8 femmes', I thought about it before watching Mika mentioning it. The characters also look quite French (well, they all are if I understand correctly). So it is a French video and it seems pretty normal to me if most foreign Mika fans don't really like it. I personally don't either :teehee: It is just a little bit funny but it could have been so much better without lip synch in my opinion (and with a tiny little bit of Mika :biggrin2:)

Yeah, me too!! A weird musical, a little bit icy (dcdeb that's why then :wink2:) but a little jewel in my opinion.

Yes, I thought so... The thing is that I don´t know how important she really is since I never heard of her, or saw her.... (I imagined she was the girl in red cause she was the "main" character or sthing like that). Still, if even Mika thinks the vid was done for fun, and I really really really think he didn´t put too much effort on the result of the vid.... why hiring her?? IMO, and please,don´t missunderstand me, it´s just my opinion, this vid is kinda devaluating her....

I wouldn't ask a French who is Fanny Ardant :wink2:

i've been meaning to do this for a while now but just got around to it...

Look who's popped by mum's place! :mail: it's Mika the postman!

mikathefrenchpostman.jpg

sorry it's a bit crap, i'm just figuring out how to use pixlr, but most of all, omg Mika i'm so sorry! :teehee::fisch:

Oh, just like Hitchcock, a flash of his figure in all his films! :roftl:

Fanny Ardant is a famous actress and my mother ( who loves her ) told me she is also a director but i don't know any of her movies !

About the video , the first time i saw this , i was DISAPPOINTED like for the song EMD. The song and the video makes me miss the "old Mika". I don't know but i don't find Mika in this. They are too simple, not inventive i didn't fall in love with this song as I did for the other ...

And Fanny Ardant makes me think to Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter, i imagine her with a pink dress and a cup of tea ! :boxed::roftl:

Anyway this video is very French, so the French market loves that , when i watched TV today i saw this video 6th times in one hour !

A lot of French and even those who are not fan loves this song and video , but not me ... !

I am putting things in perspective , it's just for the summer and it should have be worst ! It's a special and strange video and after i saw it a few times i admit it's funny !

I wouldn't ask a French who is Fanny Ardant :wink2:

Why? Do we Spanish people must to know every french actress by heart for any reason? :shocked: If someone asks me about any Spanish actress,musician or whatever, I politely would ask who he/she is... :boxed:

But maybe it´s just me... :dunno:

Fanny Ardant is a famous actress and my mother ( who loves her ) told me she is also a director but i don't know any of her movies !

About the video , the first time i saw this , i was DISAPPOINTED like for the song EMD. The song and the video makes me miss the "old Mika". I don't know but i don't find Mika in this. They are too simple, not inventive i didn't fall in love with this song as I did for the other ...

And Fanny Ardant makes me think to Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter, i imagine her with a pink dress and a cup of tea ! :boxed::roftl:

Anyway this video is very French, so the French market loves that , when i watched TV today i saw this video 6th times in one hour !

A lot of French and even those who are not fan loves this song and video , but not me ... !

I am putting things in perspective , it's just for the summer and it should have be worst ! It's a special and strange video and after i saw it a few times i admit it's funny !

Yo!!! :mf_rosetinted:

Why? Do we Spanish people must to know every french actress by heart for any reason? :shocked: If someone asks me about any Spanish actress,musician or whatever, I politely would ask who he/she is... :boxed:

But maybe it´s just me... :dunno:

Yo!!! :mf_rosetinted:

No, don't worry, that's me!! Maybe I just adore too much Truffaut or I'm just too OLD :biggrin2:

Wow 1 million views in just 2 weeks, thats pretty impressive:thumb_yello:

Yes it is :original:

It looks like French people really like it after all.. (Judging by the comments, not the number of views, as I'm sure plenty of people out of France watch the video too) They're all crazy about the old man, the comments are really good about the song, and a lot of them say they are not particularly fans of Mika but they are 'in love' with this song and will check out more things about Mika :wub2: I think Mika is getting even more popular here.. Didn't know it was possible :shocked::biggrin2:

It looks like French people really like it after all.. (Judging by the comments, not the number of views, as I'm sure plenty of people out of France watch the video too) They're all crazy about the old man, the comments are really good about the song, and a lot of them say they are not particularly fans of Mika but they are 'in love' with this song and will check out more things about Mika :wub2: I think Mika is getting even more popular here.. Didn't know it was possible :shocked::biggrin2:

:yay:

I would love the same thing to happen in the UK. I hope he releases something over here soon!!

Pretty-please Mika, tied-with-rainbows-and-ribbons! Please release a song in Britain!!

*takes begging lessons from Melachi and Ella*

Archived