The Origin Of Love

Mikabéa

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that would be awesome! I love Roger's voice. I actually have his solo albums and they're really good. :)

I like a lot of songs he wrote and sang on Queen albums, like I'm in Love with my Car, Drowse or Tenement Funster. Funnily enough, when I was young I wasn't so keen but I love these songs now. Maybe I should live his solo / The Cross albums another try, too :teehee:

Maybe he'll sing BIOTW with him. :teehee:
:lmfao:

Didn't see that one coming.

I like a lot of songs he wrote and sang on Queen albums, like I'm in Love with my Car, Drowse or Tenement Funster. Funnily enough, when I was young I wasn't so keen but I love these songs now. Maybe I should live his solo / The Cross albums another try, too :teehee:

The percussionist in me, hopes he's playing drums on one of the tracks:wub2:

I'm sorry to bother but we asked to Barclay on twitter about the date and ....

http://twitter.com/#!/labelbarclay/status/113564796489707520

means' date=' the new album will be released at the begining of 2012, but no date is specified...[/quote']

but Barclay could be talking about France & not necessarily the rest of the world. I remember last time, different countries had different dates :blush-anim-cl:

but Barclay could be talking about France & not necessarily the rest of the world. I remember last time, different countries had different dates :blush-anim-cl:

Wasn't it Amazon in France that quoted this date in March?

Like you say, it could be being released on staggered dates, like last time, and that's when Amazon Fr. have down as presale, or something.

It does seem strange Amazon say March, and Label Barclay are being more vague about it.

Does anybody else feel like Mika may change the title of the album? I know TBWKTM was originally called We Are Golden, and he changed it. Think about it: Life In Cartoon Motion, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, and...The Origin of Love? I just feel like it doesn't fit with the other two, though it's not necessarily supposed to. It doesn't feel as creative or generally Mika-ish to me. But maybe it's just me :blink:

I'm sorry to bother but we asked to Barclay on twitter about the date and ....

http://twitter.com/#!/labelbarclay/status/113564796489707520

means' date=' the new album will be released at the begining of 2012, but no date is specified...[/quote']

Thanks! :thumb_yello: It's still early so my guess is that the date is not yet clear to anyone :naughty: But surely there must be a goal...

Oh, so Amazon were just guessing :naughty:

I have a feeling Amazon is quite often guessing :roftl: March sounds a secure guess. I really hope we will get something before that, vlogs or interviews or even a new song.

Does anybody else feel like Mika may change the title of the album? I know TBWKTM was originally called We Are Golden, and he changed it. Think about it: Life In Cartoon Motion, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, and...The Origin of Love? I just feel like it doesn't fit with the other two, though it's not necessarily supposed to. It doesn't feel as creative or generally Mika-ish to me. But maybe it's just me :blink:

Yes, he changed TBWKTM very last minute. It's possible he wants to change the title. But this time there is a theme and the title should tell it? I'm just getting used to "TOOL" :roftl:

Suzie :bow::bow::bow:

I`d also prefer Roger Taylor, in every respect ! I absolutely adore Queen for more than 20 years, but Roger is my favorite band member.:wub2: And I have a similar feeling about his creative input in Queen`s music - when I was younger I did not understand the specific charm and direction of Roger`s style, I liked him just because he was so handsome and cool. Now I do. I`m off topic now, sorry. But I just could not miss that !

As far as I know, Mika maintains good relations with Brian May. At the begginning of Mika`s career Brian once said " I`m his fan from now on and I think Mika is talented and unique".

I don't mind if it's March. I'd sooner he took his time, but there's always going to be guesswork here and there. I think I'll just go by what Mika, or the record company say before I think of the date as set in stone.

I hope for a new single soon. I wish it could be 'The English EMD' so we could get the single's ass to number one in Britain and elsewhere as well. I feel it's such a waste of a great song for it not to be available for everyone, but maybe there are reasons why it isn't. I do hope we get a single in the UK before Christmas, and that Mika gets some great promotion here ahead of the album's release.

As for the title, well, Mika was channelling his romantic side quite a bit in the summer. There is also that hint he gave in that other interview he did from the Queen exhibition, so maybe he's in a place in his life where he's exploring different aspects of being in love, so the title might not change. But this is Mika we're talking about, so anything could change at any time. We'll just have to wait and see.:thumb_yello:

As for the title, well, Mika was channelling his romantic side quite a bit in the summer. There is also that hint he gave in that other interview he did from the Queen exhibition, so maybe he's in a place in his life where he's exploring different aspects of being in love, so the title might not change.

He could start by re-interpreting Roger Taylor's 'I'm In Love With My Car' , for example. :naughty:

I don't think the release title will be The Origin of Love. He'll have probably broken up with his Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Hamsterfriend by then. :original: Unless 'Origin of Love' refers to Melachi. I bet he could write a whole album about him :wub2:

Melachi is a girl, isn't she?

:naughty:

Did he do that? I know he worked with her (Britney Spears) on her song Boys because was, er, in it :naughty:

I think he said it will be a duet. I'm not sure what type but perhaps more like Madonna's Give it 2 Me, as that is electropop, whilst Britney's song is more R&B.

Oorrrr maybe something like Drop it like it's hot, like drop it likes it love:mf_rosetinted:

When the Penniman's in the crib ma

Drop it like it's love

Drop it like it's love

Drop it like it's love

When the fans try to get at you

Park it like it's love

Park it like it's love

Park it like it's love

And if a stalker get a attitude

Pop it like it's love

Pop it like it's love

Pop it like it's love

I drive in my fiat 500, Golden Retriever in the back

But you know what, I'd rather rent a cadillac

:mf_rosetinted:

Oorrrr maybe something like Drop it like it's hot, like drop it likes it love:mf_rosetinted:

When the Penniman's in the crib ma

Drop it like it's love

Drop it like it's love

Drop it like it's love

When the fans try to get at you

Park it like it's love

Park it like it's love

Park it like it's love

And if a stalker get a attitude

Pop it like it's love

Pop it like it's love

Pop it like it's love

I drive in my fiat 500, Golden Retriever in the back

But you know what, I'd rather rent a cadillac

:mf_rosetinted:

yes, yes. oh wow. :swoon:

I am already excited :fangurl:

I`d also prefer Roger Taylor, in every respect ! I absolutely adore Queen for more than 20 years, but Roger is my favorite band member.:wub2: And I have a similar feeling about his creative input in Queen`s music - when I was younger I did not understand the specific charm and direction of Roger`s style, I liked him just because he was so handsome and cool. Now I do.

Yes, I think his early songwriting may sound a bit strange to the ear it is less melodic and very much guitar based. For similar reasons, I guess, I did not like Led Zeppelin when I was young but I love their music now.