Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love all those doodles but can we send more than one?

Yup you can :thumb_yello:

http://www.facebook.com/mikasounds?sk=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=10150585059373040&set=a.10150417790488040.363530.6006248039&type=1

"Also, when sending in your photos, enter as many different artworks as you want, but please only send each image once - it makes it easier for us to check the inbox!"

Mika could talk about the album all day long and I know that when I listen to it I'm not going to hear any correlation between the things that he's said and what's playing in my ears. :naughty: Even the vlogs last time that had actual audio clips of Owen Pallett's violin and the gospel choir didn't give any indication of what it would really sound like.

But it was still a lot of fun to see the process and speculate. :biggrin2:

It is fun how he talks about his music. Some musicians are incapable to do that, and very silent about what they do, but not Mika. He makes stories even about how he makes music. :aah: I saw these vlogs after the album was released and they were perfectly sensible. But I can imagine that at the time when you didn't know the songs it was like :boxed: Those vlogs about making TBWKTM were some of the reasons I became Mika fan. You can see how he enjoys the process and that's what I love about them.

It is fun how he talks about his music. Some musicians are incapable to do that, and very silent about what they do, but not Mika. He makes stories even about how he makes music. :aah: I saw these vlogs after the album was released and they were perfectly sensible. But I can imagine that at the time when you didn't know the songs it was like :boxed: Those vlogs about making TBWKTM were some of the reasons I became Mika fan. You can see how he enjoys the process and that's what I love about them.

I agree, and I love his vlogs, blogs and tweets, even I don't have any idea what to expect in the end :teehee: I still enjoy the way he describes his music and the whole process and it makes the waiting so much easier.

I saw these vlogs after the album was released and they were perfectly sensible. But I can imagine that at the time when you didn't know the songs it was like :boxed:

No at the time I was :woot_jump:

But when I heard the recording I was scratch.gif

Take WAG. He went on and on about having a gospel choir. Madonna's Like A Prayer! Michael Jackson! We even saw and heard a real live gospel choir. It was going to be a powerful maybe even haunting gospel type song.

But...Mika forgot to tell us the part about how someone was going to be shouting overtop of the gospel choir and actually it wasn't going to sound like MJ's gospel choir at all. :naughty:

It is interesting to hear his reasoning especially since I cannot see the correlation myself, but I just don't take any of these bits of info as "clues" because I feel like they won't tell me anything about the finished product.

But that could be just me because I am so focused on the vocals that often it's the only "music" I hear. When someone posted the instrumental for Grace Kelly recently I thought it was some cheesy elevator music version. I was shocked when I went to listen to the track and realized it's really the background. I've heard that song a million times and, the melody aside, it was unrecognizable to me.

So I suppose I don't have it in me to get excited about the bass playing on one of his records in any case. :naughty:

MIKA official @mikasounds

It's 19C in the sun in London! Am sitting here reading Patti Smith bio before heading to the studio.

AmV6fb1CEAElW_K.jpg

MIKA official @mikasounds

I swear the sun was flattered by my tweet and in its pride, it's now shining even brighter. It feels like its 22C and I am in a tshirt! FEB!

All I can think of when I see this picture is "Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be close to you." :pinkbow:

MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

this is quite amazing tinyurl.com/74j6syr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17145303

With a Syrian grandfather, I watch what is happening there with great sadness and sympathy for the innocent people hurt.

One of the most beautiful countries in the world is bleeding. It has to stop, the violence and lies make me feel nauseous

It really hurts :( I hate all these wars. Soviet kids are brought up with the hatred to violence (but I wonder where this feeling gone when many of them grow up ). But anyway, being a kid, I had to read a lot of books in school about war, and we were fed with films about war. Since then I'm so scared of the only thought about this :(

I remember watching about the war in Lebanon, and about Gulf War in News, being a little girl. I was terrified, and so many years have gone but wars are still not over...

But...Mika forgot to tell us the part about how someone was going to be shouting overtop of the gospel choir and actually it wasn't going to sound like MJ's gospel choir at all. :naughty:

True. :lmfao:

It is interesting to hear his reasoning especially since I cannot see the correlation myself, but I just don't take any of these bits of info as "clues" because I feel like they won't tell me anything about the finished product.

I can and everything sounds so sensible, but I guess it's only after I hear the whole song. The fact that I can understand why he does the things he does in music is so appealing to me. That's why I like to hear what he has to say about his music. I'm not focusing only on vocals. At first couple of hearings yes, but I don't even try to understand the lyrics.:aah: Just the atmosphere. Then I have to listen couple of times to hear all the instruments separately, arrangements, effects. Lyrics are the last. :dunno:Maybe that's why I didn't have the problem with EMD.I loved it instantly.:naughty:

It really hurts :( I hate all these wars. Soviet kids are brought up with the hatred to violence (but I wonder where this feeling gone when many of them grow up ). But anyway, being a kid, I had to read a lot of books in school about war, and we were fed with films about war. Since then I'm so scared of the only thought about this :(

I remember watching about the war in Lebanon, and about Gulf War in News, being a little girl. I was terrified, and so many years have gone but wars are still not over...

Oh you don't know how much I understand you. Those tweets brought back some hurtful memories.

Oh you don't know how much I understand you. Those tweets brought back some hurtful memories.

It was the darkest fear - the war. We had nothing but one tV channel, and my grandpa watched only news and films about wars. So the words Beirut, Gulf war, Middle East imprinted onto my mind like something awful (in case of Lebanon I was easily impressed 4-year girl).

So, when I got to know Mika and that he's Lebanese, my first thought was about that War that scared me so much in my childhood.

Lyrics are the last. :dunno:Maybe that's why I didn't have the problem with EMD.I loved it instantly.:naughty:

Oh I don't mean the lyrics really, just the vocals. I liked EMD too. I had to listen to it a couple of times to get past the shock of the distorted vocals but I liked the rhythm of the vocals even if I couldn't understand most of the lyrics.

I think this is only a pop music phenomenon (for me) because I love dance music and classical and I think even with rock music it's easy to focus on the instruments.

Anyway about Syria. :boxed: I always think of Mika when I hear of Syria. Canada has been so protected and isolated from direct conflict it's hard for me to even imagine how difficult it is living with that kind of threat and watching your homeland "bleed" as he says.

It was the darkest fear - the war. We had nothing but one tV channel, and my grandpa watched only news and films about wars. So the words Beirut, Gulf war, Middle East imprinted onto my mind like something awful (in case of Lebanon I was easily impressed 4-year girl).

So, when I got to know Mika and that he's Lebanese, my first thought was about that War that scared me so much in my childhood.

When I was a child I honestly thought that all these wars are infinite. We had two tv channels, and films about WWII all the time. Teachers brought us to cinema to watch sad WWII movies about little partisan messengers, and scary battles. But it was nothing comparing to later reality.

Oh I don't mean the lyrics really

I know. I just mentioned lyrics unrelated.

Anyway about Syria. :boxed: I always think of Mika when I hear of Syria. Canada has been so protected and isolated from direct conflict it's hard for me to even imagine how difficult it is living with that kind of threat and watching your homeland "bleed" as he says.

Too hard.

When I was a child I honestly thought that all these wars are infinite. We had two tv channels, and films about WWII all the time. Teachers brought us to cinema to watch sad WWII movies about little partisan messengers, and scary battles. But it was nothing comparing to later reality.

I have the same experience! Totally the same.

If I had one wish I would wish "No violence". I know it for sure since my kids were born. Because only then one starts to realize all those things to the full extend.

I have the same experience! Totally the same.

If I had one wish I would wish "No violence". I know it for sure since my kids were born. Because only then one starts to realize all those things to the full extend.

My younger son was 2 when the bombing of my country started. I don't wish that kind of fear for your childs life to anyone. I still tremble when I hear military planes.

My younger son was 2 when the bombing of my country started. I don't wish that kind of fear for your childs life to anyone. I still tremble when I hear military planes.

Yes, I remember those news too :(

We had a greatest luck not to have a Civil War after the USSR break down (unlike a lot of other new-born countries). I always was proud of it (the same as of Orange Revolution without any drop of blood). But things can change any minute.

It's so great that Mika raises awareness in young people. Of course not all, but many of his followers care about it, and many of them - due to Mika's roots.

Yes, I remember those news too :(

We had a greatest luck not to have a Civil War after the USSR break down (unlike a lot of other new-born countries). I always was proud of it (the same as of Orange Revolution without any drop of blood). But things can change any minute.

It's so great that Mika raises awareness in young people. Of course not all, but many of his followers care about it, and many of them - due to Mika's roots.

You were lucky.

I don't know about awareness, but it's nice to hear how he cares, and I really think he understands the feelings of these people. It's because of his roots for sure, but it's not only that. He is decent and sensitive and certainly a good role model for young people.

You were lucky.

I don't know about awareness, but it's nice to hear how he cares, and I really think he understands the feelings of these people. It's because of his roots for sure, but it's not only that. He is decent and sensitive and certainly a good role model for young people.

That's why we are here :thumb_yello:

this is quite amazing tinyurl.com/74j6syr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17145303

With a Syrian grandfather, I watch what is happening there with great sadness and sympathy for the innocent people hurt.

One of the most beautiful countries in the world is bleeding. It has to stop, the violence and lies make me feel nauseous

When he tweeted this, I felt honored. My idol cares for other countries, and half of my family is defeating the bombs in Syria. In may, I will be performing in Montreal, I'll be associated with "La Croix Rouge" to give all the money to my family and Syria, and the fact that he tweeted about this gave me confidence. I'm really honored and touched that he tweeted such a thing. Personally, i got emotional like never. Beautiful. I got so much respect for this individual.

EDIT: The Red Cross in english for "La Croix Rouge".

When he tweeted this, I felt honored. My idol cares for other countries, and half of my family is defeating the bombs in Syria. In may, I will be performing in Montreal, I'll be associated with "La Croix Rouge" to give all the money to my family and Syria, and the fact that he tweeted about this gave me confidence. I'm really honored and touched that he tweeted such a thing. Personally, i got emotional like never. Beautiful. I got so much respect for this individual.

That's amazing, what you're doing. My hat goes off to you. And I hope and pray your family are safe.

See?

Summer is coming, Mika!!!

Summer can't wait for the new album too, and decided to be earlier :naughty:

I read your funny post to my hubby and was just going to reply to it, when my hubby said. "Which Summer does he mean?" See, even Alan doesn't trust Mika's time-clock.

But Mika had better mean This Summer!

Archived