"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

June?!? :aah: Nooooo. Too far away. He'll do it in snap. :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Ok let's handle this with some analytical way. He finished recording of 2nd album on end of April...and released that on Sep. considering that he changed the artwork last moment , think it will take 3.5 months to make it released.

So... I bet the album would be released on the end of June, which is on my birthday :mf_rosetinted:

Ok let's handle this with some analytical way. He finished recording of 2nd album on end of April...and released that on Sep. considering that he changed the artwork last moment , think it will take 3.5 months to make it released.

So... I bet the album would be released on the end of June, which is on my birthday :mf_rosetinted:

OK, OK, I don't mind. :naughty: It won't be a peaceful period. I know there's gonna be a lot of Mika for us these months, so I won't be complaining. :aah:

OK, OK, I don't mind. :naughty: It won't be a peaceful period. I know there's gonna be a lot of Mika for us these months, so I won't be complaining. :aah:

Haha :lmfao: but you know what... I really want the album to be released on April or May. not my birthday :naughty:

If he doesn't MEAN it to be released on my birthday but just concidence, it means nothing at all..... :shun::naughty:

Maybe right tomorrow :boing: nobody can predict a thing. I remember, when Mika promised a new blog we prepared to wait for a long mikasoon time, but it appeared the next day.

Don't think so...the album is not finished yet, well, if he has not lied :mf_rosetinted:

I found this today.Well nothing new but still something :naughty:http://www.listenbeforeyoubuy.net/listen/most-anticipated-albums-of-2012-part-i-a-m/

MIKA is an outright pop artist and, as such, rarely (if ever) gets any coverage from the indie blogosphere. For me, he’s my musical guilty pleasure that’s not really guilty. I will never hide that I am a fan of pop music, so long as it’s more inventive than most of the crap on the radio, and MIKA fits the bill perfectly. His debut album, 2007’s “Life In Cartoon Motion”, was, at its best, the epitome of what pop music should be. It displayed tons of creativity and subtleties without neglecting the hooks that characterize radio-friendly pop music, not to mention MIKA’s more than impressive vocal range (which he manages to maintain in the live setting, an impressive feat). Songs like “Grace Kelly” and “Relax (Take It Easy)” have followed me since and never fail to put me in a better mood.

In 2009 MIKA released “The Boy Who Knew Too Much”, a mixed album in which some of his magic got lost amidst ballads, but still displayed his knack for writing great pop songs. That MIKA hadn’t lost his magic was more than demonstrated through the single he released last summer, “Elle Me Dit”. The all-French track was decidedly more dance floor friendly (without entering club-y territory) and was a return to form for the Lebanese-born singer.

Now, MIKA plans to return in March with “The Origin Of Love”, which already has an impressive array of producers lined up, such as Pharell Williams or Nick Littlemore of Empire Of The Sun. According to the singer, the album will be “more grown up” and less layered than his previous work, which should make for an interesting change. I, for one, can’t wait.

I found this today.Well nothing new but still something :naughty:http://www.listenbeforeyoubuy.net/listen/most-anticipated-albums-of-2012-part-i-a-m/

MIKA is an outright pop artist and, as such, rarely (if ever) gets any coverage from the indie blogosphere. For me, he’s my musical guilty pleasure that’s not really guilty. I will never hide that I am a fan of pop music, so long as it’s more inventive than most of the crap on the radio, and MIKA fits the bill perfectly. His debut album, 2007’s “Life In Cartoon Motion”, was, at its best, the epitome of what pop music should be. It displayed tons of creativity and subtleties without neglecting the hooks that characterize radio-friendly pop music, not to mention MIKA’s more than impressive vocal range (which he manages to maintain in the live setting, an impressive feat). Songs like “Grace Kelly” and “Relax (Take It Easy)” have followed me since and never fail to put me in a better mood.

In 2009 MIKA released “The Boy Who Knew Too Much”, a mixed album in which some of his magic got lost amidst ballads, but still displayed his knack for writing great pop songs. That MIKA hadn’t lost his magic was more than demonstrated through the single he released last summer, “Elle Me Dit”. The all-French track was decidedly more dance floor friendly (without entering club-y territory) and was a return to form for the Lebanese-born singer.

Now, MIKA plans to return in March with “The Origin Of Love”, which already has an impressive array of producers lined up, such as Pharell Williams or Nick Littlemore of Empire Of The Sun. According to the singer, the album will be “more grown up” and less layered than his previous work, which should make for an interesting change. I, for one, can’t wait.

Saying TBWKTM was not good enough. Gah, IT'S ALL LIES :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe they just assumed that the earliest - it can be April? Because March is too soon, and May sound too far :dunno:

Maybe, I don't know :dunno: whenever it will be out, I am waiting for it more than ever :fangurl:

Saying TBWKTM was not good enough. Gah, IT'S ALL LIES :mf_rosetinted:

I love TBWKTM more than LICM....and I see progress. although LICM is a masterpiece.

I just agree with someone who said "Mika's albums are all Gratest Hits" there is no weak song on them!

(and I don't know who said that. maybe some journalist. and maybe it was me;)

I love TBWKTM more than LICM....and I see progress. although LICM is a masterpiece.

I just agree with someone who said "Mika's albums are all Gratest Hits" there is no weak song on them!

I love TBWKTM more too! No matter that it is used to be considered less successful. i fell it to be closer to my perception.

:thumb_yello:

Those two are like two sides of one record for me, both equally good.

And now I'm expecting for something completely different.

I seriously can't wait. It's been so long... I think it will be different from the first two albums, but if it's mika, it will be amazing.

Music at the moment ( apart from mika) is seriously terrible, so if mika releases a single from TOOL before the whole album, he will have huge hits again. Can't wait for that either.

His new album still seems so mysterious. Will there really be songs like 'the fly' on there?I thought someone made it up! Maybe he could release 'overrated' and 'Holy Johnny' properly as well as plenty of new material. This are two seriously awesome songs!:thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting Milda :thumb_yello:

They use conditional tense in there ('it should be out in April') so I don't think they know more than us

I don't think Mika knows either. His mumbled mention in that interview sounded like a fib to me. Which is not to say it won't be out in the spring but I don't think there is a firm date or he would have been promoting it. I guess we'll see if he says any more in the other interviews. (I can't watch the latest on my iPad :sneaky2:)

I love TBWKTM more than LICM....and I see progress.

Yes me too. It took a long time and some live performances for Life in Cartoon Motion to really grow on me. I barely even listened to it for a month after it was released here until I saw my first gig. I listened to nothing but TBWKTM for a good 6 weeks morning noon and night before I stopped lest I drive myself completely mad. :naughty:

Music at the moment ( apart from mika) is seriously terrible, so if mika releases a single from TOOL before the whole album, he will have huge hits again. Can't wait for that either.

Yes I am really disenchanted with the state of pop music at the moment. It's even worse than the 90s and I thought that was impossible. :shocked: Even a medicore effort from Mika would be an improvement but he seems to really be aiming for something well beyond mediocre so I'm looking forward to it.