"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Yes I am really disenchanted with the state of pop music at the moment. It's even worse than the 90s and I thought that was impossible. :shocked: Even a medicore effort from Mika would be an improvement but he seems to really be aiming for something well beyond mediocre so I'm looking forward to it.

The formula for a hit record these days = incomprehensible rapper doing verses + someone singing an unrelated chorus + a backing track from something that has already been a (better) hit for someone else

The formula for a hit record these days = incomprehensible rapper doing verses + someone singing an unrelated chorus + a backing track from something that has already been a (better) hit for someone else

Actually this was the appalling trend of the 90s. And now we have this...

All of those plus autotune = kaching! :naughty:

...which is worst of all. :thumbdown:

I wanted to see you so much in your last vid, when will be the next single and promise me you'll be in the vid

Yes I will be in the video. The reason why I was not in the other one is because I released it before the album was ready and I wanted to make a video that was a bit like, I don't know, a short movie. And that for me was cooler than being in the video performing. And, well, when there's Fanny Ardant, why would we need me? And also, I'll be in the next video, and it will arrive... quite soon, I go back in 3 days and continue recording and finishing the album, I'm nearly doing the sound mixing and so we'll finish it very soon.

Quite soon and very soon. :blink:That must be good. Should we trust him? :teehee:

No, wifey, you're honeymooner!

Let's bet we will see the new vid not earlier than in March.

Hehee..:aah: WHat's honeymooner? :teehee::aah:

I don't wanna bet.:wink2::das::mf_rosetinted: But I kinda think that new vid will be SURELY before album , so before March because in my mind he'll release the album in the middle of March. So it would be before my bday :mf_rosetinted:

Hehee..:aah: WHat's honeymooner? :teehee::aah:

I don't wanna bet.:wink2::das::mf_rosetinted: But I kinda think that new vid will be SURELY before album , so before March because in my mind he'll release the album in the middle of March. So it would be before my bday :mf_rosetinted:

Wanted to answer, but saw a perfect example of honeymooner:

:fangurl: I love that pic...I love all he did at the show, the performance, the outfit, the dance, the voice with the little play back..I don't care.... he was excellent for me :wub2:

Alba, hope you don't mind? Usually I'm a honeymooner too, but towards the time constraints of the new material I feel kinda bitchy :aah:

Wanted to answer, but saw a perfect example of honeymooner:

Alba, hope you don't mind? Usually I'm a honeymooner too, but towards the time constraints of the new material I feel kinda bitchy :aah:

Me not, I feel very good and love all Mika does :wub2: and I'm a constant honeymooner :blush-anim-cl:

Me not, I feel very good and love all Mika does :wub2: and I'm a constant honeymooner :blush-anim-cl:

Well, I suppose after the TOOL is out, I will be in constant euphoria until I scrutinize every little bit of song, every instrument and every note :wink2:

I'm just soooo tired of waiting.

Actually this was the appalling trend of the 90s. And now we have this...

...which is worst of all. :thumbdown:

First put some kinda "woah, woah" in chorus. Add generic male football cheer + auto-tune- even if you're a good singer. Add reference to Being in da club + getting drunk :roftl:

I think he should perform all of his songs in a secret gig and we will advise him which ones to release. :mf_rosetinted:

We'd most definitely do so even without him asking...:naughty:

Seriously though, a lot depends on the arrangements. I loved Toy Boy when I first heard it (on YT) and although no further live performance of it ever matched the original, it has always sounded is great live. However, the album version is really over the top and fails to bring out the magic in the song.

...and I am not even going to start about WAG ... :teehee: