Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

I woke up this morning with the radio on and EMD was playing :wub2: I love this weekend :roftl:

Isn't it crazy that Mika won best male (and has been #1 all autumn) when he only gave 2 gigs and 3 radio station interviews in the country for the whole year?

I think he likes knowing he can be 'lazy' (not seen) in France and successful at the same time.. And I suppose it's also one of the reasons of his surprise yesterday; he admits he has been 'hiding' and working in LA for months and he receives awards in the same time :insane:

exactly my thought:teehee:

it must have been a real surprise for him:aah: (for me aswell if I´m honest. I did hope he would win but I thought he wouldn´t because of his absence this year.) so happy he won the award :yay:

Darn, i missed everything :aah:

Anyway, YAY, best male in the world :yay: :yay:

Is it just me, or he looks strange with a black t-shirt? :aah:

I think he looks gorgeous! :wub2:

What's with the wrist thingie???

I can see us all in front row wearing those!

:roftl:

I love that wrist-band thingie, goes well with the tee :fangurl:

thank you Bia, Milda, Eriko, Mari, Camille (hope I didn't forget anyone) for uploading vids!!! :flowers2:

have to correct my previous post a bit..he is not "too" tall, "too" is not the right word, it was only said in the context. M is wonderfully tall, ecpecially after seeing -correct me if I'm wrong ALL men who were shorter than the women next to them??? :wink2: maybe the women are 3 meters tall...that is also possible...

liked this thing on his wrist very much...and the moment when he grabbed his hair... (like when he touches his hair and like him on the floor) but now I need to stop talking about such things...and I want him to forget about it...some things need to be done spontanously...:wink2: (if you plan to be on the floor or if you plan to touch your hair the effect is not the same...)

ps. but I still don't get one thing....why was releasing EMD such risk??? I think...people, listeners just like the song or don't like it....they don't care that much if there's an album behind it or it's just a single song...?? what if he gives away one song from time to time? if it's a good song?? is it the thing-without an album plus promotion radio stations are not interested at playing a song????? (so all you need to do is have a dj friends in radios and that's all :original: but I know...I know little about music business......

Edited by Melisanda

Thanks everyone for the pics and videos! :wub2:

I must say it was really nice to watch the live stream and comment with everyone on twitter :naughty: I missed those virtual parties! :aah:

I'm really proud of Mika, if with ONE song he wins a "best male artist" award, imagine what it will be with the whole album! :wub2: Congrats, boss!

As for the performance...well...it was weird seeing all those dancers on stage and even more seeing Mika dancing! :naughty: (he did great anyway! lol) But the worst thing for me was the playback (or the partial playback, don't know). It sounded weird. :dunno:

...I envy people in the audience :original: they have so much free space and perfect conditions....especially the first group Mika approached

anyway...WAS anybody THERE??????:wink2:

(one day I must attend such awards...I want to have such experience)

and I have another idea about dancing...;-) maybe the concept was "she tells me 'dance' but I'm resistant cause she always tells me what to do and I hate it so I won't!!!! I will stand and make gestures but I won't dance the way she wants me to...;-))PPP (plus I'll be a little 'military' about it )" ok I like it better now;-)

anyway I enjoyed the performance!

it's Mika after all and he is always better than anyone. I miss him. Take the good energy from the awards Mika and use it;-))

Edited by Melisanda

Thanks everyone for the pics and videos! :wub2:

I must say it was really nice to watch the live stream and comment with everyone on twitter :naughty: I missed those virtual parties! :aah:

I'm really proud of Mika, if with ONE song he wins a "best male artist" award, imagine what it will be with the whole album! :wub2: Congrats, boss!

As for the performance...well...it was weird seeing all those dancers on stage and even more seeing Mika dancing! :naughty: (he did great anyway! lol) But the worst thing for me was the playback (or the partial playback, don't know). It sounded weird. :dunno:

I was shocked to see dancers and especially Mika dancing!! However, it was quite cute :teehee:

How about the other artists last night, did they sing playback or did Mika and the band have some technical problems? I didn't much listen to the other performances, the quality of the livestream was quite poor and I was chatting on twitter at the same time.

I was shocked to see dancers and especially Mika dancing!! :shocked::naughty:

How about the other artists last night, did they sing playback or did Mika and the band have some technical problems? I didn't much listen to the other performances, the quality of the livestream was quite poor and I was chatting on twitter at the same time.

Yes, shocking! :naughty:

There was at least a singer (can't remember her name, tho) who seemed to be performing 100% in playback, but others like Seal, for example, sang live. :wink2:

Yes a lot of people are complaining about it (fans or not)

I don't see this as playback, he did the same as at some gigs, keeping the vocals that go 'elle me dit c'est ta vie...' behind while he sings 'danse danse danse'.. But I understand that if you don't know Mika very well you could think it's playback. The verses were sung wonderfully; it's easy to think it's the original. (EDIT:when I say you I don't mean you Mary; I think you know Mika quite well and probably much better than me :roftl:)

About the dance.. Mika doing the dance is ok IMO; but the dancers with him...:roftl:

Edited by camille*

Yes, shocking! :naughty:

There was at least a singer (can't remember her name, tho) who seemed to be performing 100% in playback, but others like Seal, for example, sang live. :wink2:

I loved Seal (but not the lady who sang with him...to me she didn't feel it...) I always love Seal!!!!

and the lady with full playback to me was Mylene Farmer...

I don't see this as playback, he did the same as at some gigs, keeping the vocals that go 'elle me dit c'est ta vie...' behind while he sings 'danse danse danse'.. But I understand that if you don't know Mika very well you could think it's playback. The verses were sung wonderfully; it's easy to think it's the original.

About the dance.. Mika doing the dance is ok IMO; but the dancers with him...:roftl:

In my opinion, it seems that the dance was choreographed by someone else... I got the feeling it had nothing to do with Mika, he was just doing as he was told :dunno::teehee:

I don't see this as playback, he did the same as at some gigs, keeping the vocals that go 'elle me dit c'est ta vie...' behind while he sings 'danse danse danse'.. But I understand that if you don't know Mika very well you could think it's playback. The verses were sung wonderfully; it's easy to think it's the original.

The thing is...I know Mika very well (his work, that is) and to me it sounded playback in some parts, not just the backing vocals. :dunno:

It can be just an impression, but that's what it looked like... (and I'm not the only one thinking the same, so I'm probably not nuts) :naughty:

Anyway, I loved seeing him on stage, he looked happy and I'm still very proud of him!

About the dance...it seemed an NRJ thing, not exactly 100% Mika (especially with the dancers there)

I loved Seal (but not the lady who sang with him...to me she didn't feel it...) I always love Seal!!!!

and the lady with full playback to me was Mylene Farmer...

OMG the lady who sang with Seal was SO out of tune at some parts!!! But he was great, I agree!

Oooh...maybe Mylene Farmer, yes! I remember noticing it, but there were so many performances that I couldn't remember who it was! :naughty:

In my opinion, it seems that the dance was choreographed by someone else... I got the feeling it had nothing to do with Mika, he was just doing as he was told :dunno::teehee:

:lmfao: yeah for me it seems like that too....

fun... it's maybe first time seeing Mika do syncronized dance with back dancers... :teehee: But I like he dancing in a way he feels :naughty:

Edit : Oh I remember he did BIOTG live with dancers but it was not that awkward .... :teehee:

Edited by Yuna

I don't see this as playback, he did the same as at some gigs, keeping the vocals that go 'elle me dit c'est ta vie...' behind while he sings 'danse danse danse'.. But I understand that if you don't know Mika very well you could think it's playback. The verses were sung wonderfully; it's easy to think it's the original. (EDIT:when I say you I don't mean you Mary; I think you know Mika quite well and probably much better than me :roftl:)

yes, I understood that! :naughty: I'm just saying that, even for some us (fans) it sounded like playback, so...

Edited by Mary

The thing is...I know Mika very well (his work, that is) and to me it sounded playback in some parts, not just the backing vocals. :dunno:

It can be just an impression, but that's what it looked like... (and I'm not the only one thinking the same, so I'm probably not nuts) :naughty:

Anyway, I loved seeing him on stage, he looked happy and I'm still very proud of him!

About the dance...it seemed an NRJ thing, not exactly 100% Mika (especially with the dancers there)

I agree that it sounded weird, especially at the end. We could barely hear him singing 'danse'. So almost playback...?

Well I pray that these dancers are an NRJ thing as you say, and that Mika has not hired them for an hypothetical next tour :teehee:

OMG the lady who sang with Seal was SO out of tune at some parts!!! But he was great, I agree!

Oooh...maybe Mylene Farmer, yes! I remember noticing it, but there were so many performances that I couldn't remember who it was! :naughty:

got that feeling too at some points :huh: thought maybe something went wrong or something....

It's always so different to see him singing live, because he is in front of you and everything is perfectly clear and you know he is singing himself :wub2: He might use partly playback for some vocals but it would be weird if he agreed to use full playback (without any technical problems etc) :dunno:

I have a feeling this dancing thing was purely something to do with NRJ, I can't see Mika using back dancers in his shows :roftl: (at least I hope so :teehee:).

Of course you do!

Specially after that Lettuce dancing on stage!:biggrin2:

:mf_rosetinted:

I agree that it sounded weird, especially at the end. We could barely hear him singing 'danse'. So almost playback...?

Well I pray that these dancers are an NRJ thing as you say, and that Mika has not hired them for an hypothetical next tour :teehee:

And iMMa, is it me or we couldn't hear her very well either? Her voice usually stands out in the "Danse danse danse" bit... :dunno:

Geeeeez, no! :lmfao: Mika, dear...if we want to see that kind of thing, we'll buy tickets for Beyoncé's or Gaga's show, 'kay? :roftl: