Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:naughty: Mikacloning, how nice for everybody it would mean gigs and festivals, promos and autographs for all but how awfully terrifying: I'm sure we would want to know who (and where) the original Mika is :aah:

:naughty: Mikacloning, how nice for everybody it would mean gigs and festivals, promos and autographs for all but how awfully terrifying: I'm sure we would want to know who (and where) the original Mika is :aah:

He'd be the one with the half foot boy tool....:mf_rosetinted:

@willywonka :huglove: I never read my @replies as the ones that come from the people I follow come up on your timeline in any case:teehee:

It's not because it's France, its because he's alienating other countries and other fans, just focusing on france and not exploiting his neverending possibilities in other places! !

To be honest, I don't think it is a deliberate choice. Why would any sucessful musician bother to even turn up in second rate awards shows, let alone sing at them? He seems to have this one territory left where he is still known and 'sought after'. I wonder what's next...France's next entry for Eurovision perhaps? :dunno: (:naughty: )

He first started to have an international caree and now he seems focused in only showing up in France and i'm sorry to say this one country focusing only is quite dumb!

Yes, at times I feel that he accepts ANY offer coming to him whether that be a short performance at a private or company event, some local ad campaign or performing to OAPs at some boring awards show. There were even instances where he teamed up with some unprofessional people for some club gigs that needed to be called off..etc. In other words, he may be selling himself 'cheap' at times and disappointing many people on the way, so what looks like some quick and easy wins in the short term will result in the battle lost over time.

@willywonka :huglove: I never read my @replies as the ones that come from the people I follow come up on your timeline in any case:teehee:

To be honest, I don't think it is a deliberate choice. Why would any sucessful musician bother to even turn up in second rate awards shows, let alone sing at them? He seems to have this one territory left where he is still known and 'sought after'. I wonder what's next...France's next entry for Eurovision perhaps? :dunno: (:naughty: )

Yes, at times I feel that he accepts ANY offer coming to him whether that be a short performance at a private or company event, some local ad campaign or performing to OAPs at some boring awards show. There were even instances where he teamed up with some unprofessional people for some club gigs that needed to be called off..etc. In other words, he may be selling himself 'cheap' at times and disappointing many people on the way, so what looks like some quick and easy wins in the short term will result in the battle lost over time.

So if its not deliberate what do you make out of it, Suzie?

The Grace kelly boy strted now following Universal dictatorial orders? I don't think so....:no:

I've been avoiding moving to other things as you say but if this keeps going for much longer i guess i'll have to go somewhere else where my expectations wont get supressed everytime...

But what would happen to Wonkaland if you moved on to other things?! :tears:

I know this was a joke but even the thought of that terrifies me. Don't give him these ideas! :roftl: I hate Eurovisions with a passion (my apologies to everyone who loves them).

Maybe we have different "boiling" points...if you get what i mean...

I have been putting up with it in an alienated way, so to speak, but maybe him losing last night was the last drop, after waiting for 4 hours watching that boring show...

I've been avoiding moving to other things as you say but if this keeps going for much longer i guess i'll have to go somewhere else where my expectations wont get supressed everytime...

Wise words about alienation and different 'boiling points'...

I have also been dealing with his 'strange' choices and focus areas by alienating myself from it all lately but I must admit I still enjoy comingto MFC for a laugh :naughty:

I hope he will meet your expectations with the new album (as well as mine, of course) as your presence is missed here.

PS:I have just checked your profile on twitter and I'd like to congratulate you on that hilarious Wonkaland picture of Mika there :lmao:

Really nice choice Mika!! :thumb_yello:

Yes, love those shoes -- thank goodness they don't have any of those

awful spikes all over them! :thumb_yello:

Since Oct. 13th, 2009

which is

2 years, 4 months, and 20 days

or

873 days

or

20,952 hours

or

1,257,120 minutes

or

75,427,200 seconds

but don't worry... i'm not counting :mf_rosetinted::aah:

:lmfao: Poor guy! Actually, if I hadn't been lucky enough to travel to

London and Edinburgh, my last Mika concert would have been October 2009

as well. As it is, August 2010 seems very, very long ago now, too. :sad:

I'll be very happy to see fresh tour dates... we can only hope that we'll

be seeing them SOON! :biggrin2:

It would become DutchAnnieland...

She's been learning a few things ya know?:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Wise words about alienation and different 'boiling points'...

I have also been dealing with his 'strange' choices and focus areas by alienating myself from it all lately but I must admit I still enjoy comingto MFC for a laugh :naughty:

I hope he will meet your expectations with the new album (as well as mine, of course) as your presence is missed here.

PS:I have just checked your profile on twitter and I'd like to congratulate you on that hilarious Wonkaland picture of Mika there :lmao:

You mean my background pic?:naughty:

:group_hug: The end of this would be the release of album nr3 and a worldwide promo, don't you think?

Well not for me personally. Like I said it's changed forever and it will be too little too late for many hardcore fans because 2 or 3 years is just too long. He's not Madonna, he's only been around for 5 years and he's spent 1/3 of that time either "hiding" or what many interpret as pandering to the French audience.

But for Mika's sake, yes, I hope you are right that the album will open up opportunities in the rest of the world again. It was so exciting to see him at the Grammys and when you compare it to last night... :aah:

It would become DutchAnnieland...

She's been learning a few things ya know?:naughty::mf_rosetinted:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I feel kinda flattered right now (:blush-anim-cl:) ... but ... you can't leave us Wonka. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: We need you. Wonkaland needs to stay Wonkaland and not become DutchAnnieland. That's not the same. :no:

but you know, i'm pretty sure this conversation also happened last summer, when his festival dates were announced.

some felt let down by the choice of cities. (including me, of course :tears:)

this time around, it seems to be a different "batch" of people (for lack of better word) :naughty:

last year's "patient" fans are exactly at the same stage where the others were back then.

i dare say some of the ones i refer lovingly to as "honeymooners" are now realizing that even if you love your "husband", you don't have to like everything that is happening :aah:

as for me, i wait (not so) patiently in my little world :blush-anim-cl:

i'm happy to think that Canada has inspired him a few times, ie the animal costumes on stage and he also wrote Underwater in Montreal.

as a matter of fact, i'd like to think that i inspired the song "the fly" :mf_rosetinted:

i remember asking him while he was in Montreal, if i could be "the fly" on the wall in the recording studio... of course, he never answered me, but i bet the idea was buzzing around in his head since then :aah: i'm just happy he didn't call it "the flyswatter :shocked::teehee::aah:

So if its not deliberate what do you make out of it, Suzie?

The Grace kelly boy strted now following Universal dictatorial orders? I don't think so....:no:

I think he simply has no choice but focus on the one country where he is still successful. I may be looking at it from too much of a business point of view, but so may he, and by proving that he can still have a number one song in the one country the song was released in and sell out a concert ot 20-30 thousand people (never mind the last tickets to the Compiegne gig were given out for free, basically) he can go back to the record company saying that he hasn't lost it all yet, has a huge fanbase across Europe and is worth investing in.

What I mean is that it IS his choice but perhaps not really the story he makes it out to be to the French. After all, when he was enjoying his success with LICM he was never talking about his dream to become a successful artist in France (well, not inany any other country :teehee: ) and never promised to write 5-6 French songs for his next album. He happened to mention it only when the last thousands of tickets needed to be sold to his Compiegne show... so :dunno:

I do find it sad because I LOVE French chansons but when I heard him where his focus was the night before my local festival, I remember I went there with mixed feelings. I just found that comment with his sudden willingness to write more French songs with the tickets not really selling slightly ridiculous and even annoying.

I know this was a joke but even the thought of that terrifies me. Don't give him these ideas! :roftl: I hate Eurovisions with a passion (my apologies to everyone who loves them).

You know, I never watched Eurovision before 2006 as I looked down on it but now I enjoy watching it because it gives me such good laugh :roftl:. At the same time, it is a fun guessing game who will appeal to most and which act can 'cross cultural barriers' and if it is because of the appealing song or the performance itself...etc. There are Eurovision type of songs though and I think even Mika has some that would have a chance of winning with the 'right' performers...:teehee:

but you know, i'm pretty sure this conversation also happened last summer, when his festival dates were announced.

some felt let down by the choice of cities. (including me, of course tears:)

this time around, it seems to be a different "batch" of people (for lack of better word) naughty:

last year's "patient" fans are exactly at the same stage where the others were back then.

i dare say some of the ones i refer lovingly to as "honeymooners" are now realizing that even if you love your "husband", you don't have to like everything that is happening aah:

as for me, i wait (not so) patiently in my little world blush-anim-cl:

i'm happy to think that Canada has inspired him a few times, ie the animal costumes on stage and he also wrote Underwater in Montreal.

as a matter of fact, i'd like to think that i inspired the song "the fly" mf_rosetinted:

i remember asking him while he was in Montreal, if i could be "the fly" on the wall in the recording studio... of course, he never answered me, but i bet the idea was buzzing around in his head since then :aah: i'm just happy he didn't call it "the flyswatter :shocked::teehee::aah:

Yes, I remembered that conversation and how sad it made me feel. I feel the same sadness again. :sad: C'mon guys, give him a change. He has almost finished his album and will be announce other gigs outside of France soon. I'm sure of that. Please, don't give up and try to stay positive even if that's difficult. :huglove::group_hug::huglove::group_hug::huglove::group_hug:

[quote name='DutchAnnie;3657169

I feel kinda flattered right now (:blush-anim-cl:) ... but ... you can't leave us Wonka. need you. Wonkaland needs to stay Wonkaland and not become DutchAnnieland. That's not the same. :no:

I'm not left yet' date=' but thanks, Annie...:huglove:

some felt let down by the choice of cities. (including me, of course :tears:)

this time around, it seems to be a different "batch" of people (for lack of better word) : naughty:

i dare say some of the ones i refer lovingly to as "honeymooners" are now realizing that even if you love your "husband", you don't have to like everything that is happening :aah:

as for me, i wait (not so) patiently in my little world :blush-anim-c l:

as a matter of fact, i'd like to think that i inspired the song "the fly" :mf_rosetinted:

i remember asking him while he was in Montreal, if i could be "the fly" on the wall in the recording studio... of course, he never answered me, but i bet the idea was buzzing QUOTE]

Are you calling me a honeymooner, fly????:sneaky2:

:mf_rosetinted:

Oh man :lmfao:

I don't need to be on honeymoon with Mika. It would just be nice if he came home more than once every 3 years. :pinkbow:

:roftl: He wanted to,but he lost his keys,you know?? :wink2::mf_rosetinted:

I was never one and you know it, Mrs. Fly!

444-sticking-out-tongue.jpg

:naughty: i didn't say you were.. it's like Cinderella's shoe... if it fits, you are the princess, if not, then you aren't

or OJ Simpson's "if the glove don't fit, you must acquit" :aah:

:huglove: