Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sooo understand this!

What bothers me is that, for almost the whole year, I don't understand the word he is saying, have to wait for translations (a HUUUUUGE thank you to all our French friends!!!). It's boring and bothers me a lot. Not because it's French, I like the language and at the beginning, I admit, loved how French sounds when Mika speaks it. I understood him. I guess we all love our childhood places. But now it's really enough!!!:sneaky2: He is (or was?!?) an international star, and this french thing lasts too long now. :blowup:

As Mika's piano teacher would say MICA CONCENTRATE (add strong russian accent!) :mf_rosetinted: on your international career!!!

EDIT: Sorry if I sounded too rough. Last night's show was really the last drop for me!:sneaky2:

I felt a pang of dissappointment when he didn't win the award last night, but then (if I'm honest) I started to feel glad about it. I hoped it might pull Mika away from idolising France too much.

Like most fans I love EMD, I've been happy for his success, but I've been sad that the UK was not made a part of it. He could have released the English EMD, or a different song over here.

I agree with you all. It's time he stopped concentrating on France and started to be the world star that we loved in the first place. I hope he announces some tour dates and does something in the UK soon, and of course, other countries too.

Hmm, Wonka, I had seen this pic before from you! We are doomed to wait till we're grey and old :mf_rosetinted:

And no matter for what exactly each time.

MFCers are skilled in waiting and are taught a patience :roftl:

:naughty:

I felt a pang of dissappointment when he didn't win the award last night, but then (if I'm honest) I started to feel glad about it. I hoped it might pull Mika away from idolising France too much.

Like most fans I love EMD, I've been happy for his success, but I've been sad that the UK was not made a part of it. He could have released the English EMD, or a different song over here.

I agree with you all. It's time he stopped concentrating on France and started to be the world star that we loved in the first place. I hope he announces some tour dates and does something in the UK soon, and of course, other countries too.

:thumb_yello:

By the way Nas, while you're at it would you mind cloning Bob a couple times too? You know, just to keep the folks of the PP satisfied. :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

no problem!:thumb_yello: just hope the machine doesn't mess him up too...but even a messed up bob might be good..:teehee:

*waits*

waiting.gif

I told him off and he's pissed....:mf_rosetinted:

sorry wonka i think that might be mikasoon....:naughty:

Even worse...

:roftl::roftl:

I'm just happy he's doing something no matter where. I would rather have a few French songs, French interviews and some award shows in France than nothing at all :biggrin2: Sometimes that's a bit annoying, I agree, but I can live with that. I guess I haven't reached my "boiling point" yet and I hope I won't reach it before album is out :naughty:

I wanted to keep up with things and went couple of pages back. Seen so many interesting posts, wanted to reply and ended with this... :shocked:

Maybe you're not followed by the same people i am...

No matter what, Droopsy, he's postponing his international carreer over one country and that's what's bugging me...

well, yes, that's true.

i bet these conversations/exchanges are not happening on the french forums as they are living the same things at the same time... we can't say the same for MFC, as we are international

I'm sure once the tour dates are announced, we will all relax a bit (including me!!!!!! )

Yes for sure. If he was this focused on my country of course I'd be happy but I'd also feel uncomfortable as someone else said. And I'm afraid these convos add to that feeling. Like people should feel guilty or something whilst it's beyond their control :dunno: I'm sure most people, also French people, know the upset isn't about it all happening in "France". This convo keeps coming back in some form. It used to be about the UK a while back. Now about France.

Yeah I'm sure of that. And I also really think we'll get more dates in other countries this summer. We always do so I don't see why it would be different now. Can't wait I think French dates are just always the first ones to surface on the net.

As i said before, i love France and French people. I've even studied for ten years on a french school, so i want to focus another time it's NOT ABOUT FRANCE....

You never hear me moan here or in tweeter about anything, so it must be the first time i post about this here...

If it was Finland or Switzerland or brasil or japan, i'd also moan about it...

Maybe i'm just in a bad mood today, so i apologise if i hurt anyone's felings, it was not my intention....

I remember people moaning because he spent too much time in North America. Forget that he only does 10 dates here and then tours Europe for 6 months, he came first so it was a horrible shun!! Everyone wants him for themselves.

Well for me the France thing goes way beyond that. Although it's gone on for so long now I have just given up so I'm not sure why suddenly everyone is so angry about it.

My Mika experience has changed forever because people I used to share things with feel so alienated by what he's been doing (and not doing) they have just moved on to other things.

but you know, i'm pretty sure this conversation also happened last summer, when his festival dates were announced.

some felt let down by the choice of cities. (including me, of course )

this time around, it seems to be a different "batch" of people (for lack of better word)

last year's "patient" fans are exactly at the same stage where the others were back then.

i dare say some of the ones i refer lovingly to as "honeymooners" are now realizing that even if you love your "husband", you don't have to like everything that is happening

as for me, i wait (not so) patiently in my little world :blush-anim-cl:

i'm happy to think that Canada has inspired him a few times, ie the animal costumes on stage and he also wrote Underwater in Montreal.

as a matter of fact, i'd like to think that i inspired the song "the fly"

i remember asking him while he was in Montreal, if i could be "the fly" on the wall in the recording studio... of course, he never answered me, but i bet the idea was buzzing around in his head since then :aah: i'm just happy he didn't call it "the flyswatter:

Yes, I remembered that conversation and how sad it made me feel. I feel the same sadness again. :sad: C'mon guys, give him a change. He has almost finished his album and will be announce other gigs outside of France soon. I'm sure of that. Please, don't give up and try to stay positive even if that's difficult. :huglove::group_hug:

i can't quote everyone or the post will be too long -you guys are cracking me up!:roftl:

helping me forget what the real point of this convo has been

Now I'm too tired to write! :doh::lol3:

I felt a pang of disappointment when he didn't win the award last night, but then (if I'm honest) I started to feel glad about it. I hoped it might pull Mika away from idolising France too much.

I don't think he had the choice to release that song in other countries, even in English. There was no other song available to be released, either. He / his record company did not even plan the release of EMD because singles are primarily a means of promotion and hardly worth the investment. Singles merely promote an album that is already out or will be released soon. Mika had nothing to promote but that gig in France as the album was nowhere in sight. However, he suddenly needed to release something as tickets to Compiegne were not selling so he recorded it in a haste. If anything, it was setting expectations high with that large scale gig in France that may have been a mistake as it took him off the trail of writing the album and left some fans disappointed for a variety of reasons.

Edited by suzie

Someone was just telling me he looked like a figure skater on stage. :teehee:

OH MY GOD. I wish I'd missed this post, I can totally see the resemblance! :aah: I loved that outfit and now all I can think of is Mika doing some fancy spins of the ice. :roftl:

I always like Mika's hair (although some days are better than others like all of us). I wasn't crazy about the granny curls but thankfully he gave that up years ago. :naughty:

OH MY GOD. I wish I'd missed this post, I can totally see the resemblance! :aah: I loved that outfit and now all I can think of is Mika doing some fancy spins of the ice. :roftl:

I know I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. It's spot on. :lmfao:

Where's Wonka?? :teehee:

Indeed. :lmfao:

Someone was just telling me he looked like a figure skater on stage. :teehee:

But 10 minutes later he was wearing a really nice suit so all is forgiven. :naughty:

i think he looked very john travolta circa saturday night fever ...:blush-anim-cl: minus the wing tips :teehee::aah: