Well, that's the thing for me; the two new songs bore me... =S

i mean we don't get bored by HIM, since he keeps on bringing changes : different look, image, site, sound....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the same here.

Grace Kelly was about NOT becoming what he's become. His new style is more-of-the-same from the modern pop industry, i.e. flavour of the month. He has just appealed to the people that can make him heavily mainstream... for 1 month, before he's pushed aside.

I've only heard 2 songs, Celebrate and Make You Happy, and I'm sick of theme.

Celebrate heavily uses a beat machine, too. This is pop, not rap or hip hop.

Goddamn.

When I come to think of it, it's a bit ironic that Mika's two new songs, which are both really happy tracks, don't make me happy, contrary to so many of his other ambiguous songs. And that's the aspect I love the most about his "old" songs; the original, admirable contrast there is between the happy tune and the sometimes sorrowful lyrics...

When I come to think of it, it's a bit ironic that Mika's two new songs, which are both really happy tracks, don't make me happy, contrary to so many of his other ambiguous songs. And that's the aspect I love the most about his "old" songs; the original, admirable contrast there is between the happy tune and the sometimes sorrowful lyrics...

Celebrate makes me happy, but not MYH it makes me want to break things :teehee: But I don't think MYH is happy song, not if you listen to the tone in Mika's voice and to the lyrics. I find it kind of depressing actually, a bit sad.

Celebrate makes me happy, but not MYH it makes me want to break things :teehee: But I don't think MYH is happy song, not if you listen to the tone in Mika's voice and to the lyrics. I find it kind of depressing actually, a bit sad.

I have to admit the song bores me so much I haven't really taken the time to have a proper look at the lyrics (yet).

I think the chorus itself is a pretty good indication. All I wanna do is make you happy suggests that things are not/have not been happy and it's an attempt to repair the damage and move forward. It sounds like a desperate plea to me and we don't know what the response to those pleas are. It's not just some mindless love song about living in a state of bliss.

I understand that some people don't have the same appreciation for electronic music that they do for Mika's piano based tracks. But this doesn't make him some kind of sell out. Grace Kelly was about not singing songs like Craig David and Make You Happy is no Craig David either. :blink:

No one loves a good moan more than I do and I bitched about BIOTW because I wanted him to drop it since IMO it's the lamest song he's ever written. But these tracks are what they are and they are not going to change. There comes a point when you either take it or leave it because all the accusations in the world are not going to turn them into piano based tracks.

No one loves a good moan more than I do and I bitched about BIOTW because I wanted him to drop it since IMO it's the lamest song he's ever written. But these tracks are what they are and they are not going to change. There comes a point when you either take it or leave it because all the accusations in the world are not going to turn them into piano based tracks.

Yep, I'm gonna leave those ^^ But not Mika yet; I'm waiting for the 16th of September.

Well, I'm worried, kind of.

The two new songs didn't touch me in any way, I nearly didn't listen them to the end, and only a (very) few times...

When a song touches me in some way, I can listen to it over and over again. Normally.

I do hope that the other songs on the album will be more my cup of tea...:sad:

But I will wait and see how MYH and celebrate will "talk" to me live, on a gig, maybe that will change anything...

I'm not worried . I love the new songs :wub2: especially Make Me Happy :wub2: I listen to it on repeat :wink2:

When you hear both Make Me Happy and Celebrate live at Lovebox, they sound a lot more Mikaish :naughty:

Knowing Mika the arrangements will change again and again live anyway, so I'm sure we'll get a chance to hear Make Me Happy and Celebrate accoustic at some point as with Relax which I love so much in the Live At Saddler's Wells version :wub2:

Give The Origin Of Love a chance , we haven't heard all the songs yet :wink2:I can't wait for Underwater which should be Mikastic :swoon:

I'm not worried . I love the new songs :wub2: especially Make Me Happy :wub2: I listen to it on repeat :wink2:

When you hear both Make Me Happy and Celebrate live at Lovebox, they sound a lot more Mikaish :naughty:

Knowing Mika the arrangements will change again and again live anyway, so I'm sure we'll get a chance to hear Make Me Happy and Celebrate accoustic at some point as with Relax which I love so much in the Live At Saddler's Wells version :wub2:

Give The Origin Of Love a chance , we haven't heard all the songs yet :wink2:I can't wait for Underwater which should be Mikastic :swoon:

+1 :wub2:

I think the chorus itself is a pretty good indication. All I wanna do is make you happy suggests that things are not/have not been happy and it's an attempt to repair the damage and move forward. It sounds like a desperate plea to me and we don't know what the response to those pleas are. It's not just some mindless love song about living in a state of bliss.

I understand that some people don't have the same appreciation for electronic music that they do for Mika's piano based tracks. But this doesn't make him some kind of sell out. Grace Kelly was about not singing songs like Craig David and Make You Happy is no Craig David either. :blink:

That what I've thought to when I've read and listened to the lyrics!

+1

I have nothing to add!

I have to admit the song bores me so much I haven't really taken the time to have a proper look at the lyrics (yet).

You should, didn't like the song before, but then I listened to the lyrics and it has grown on me.

i also was a bit worried, but after seeing him live on sunday, i'm not anymore - he's still the same old lovely mika, just with a bit of added computer sounds in his new songs. hey, it's the 21st century, computers are everywhere! :naughty: and with straight hair instead of curls... but i bet that was just because it was a 30-minute-gig... i'm sure that after an hour the latest his hair would stand in all directions again. :lmfao:

actually there were not many mika songs that i was impressed with immediately... the only one of them that was actually released as a single was grace kelly - so i trust him that on the album there'll be something that will knock me off my feet, like touches you and PUOTF did on the last album. after all, there's karen (if only on the french album), it belongs to those few songs as well. and maybe also underwater, i'll wait for the recorded version to decide that. :bleh:

celebrate grew a lot on me since i first listened to it... it's fun, it's good for partying, and i love it live (and seems like the lovebox crowd loved it too). :wub2: i think once mika has performed the 2 new songs live a few times and has tried out some things re. what works and what doesn't, they'll fit perfectly in his show so we won't even notice anymore how different we first thought they sounded to his old music. :thumb_yello:

Hey, don't worry so much! The way mika seems to be(to me at least) is the type of artist that really needs to evolve... He obviously has a really clear view of what he wants his career to be. Like, at the end of the day, I can tell he wants everything to balance out- it might seem out of whack now, but I just know he'll pull it off, and then maybe surprise us even more with his next record!!:wink2: plus, since he already has loads of fans, (all of us!) He probAbly is taking some creative freedom he may not have had at first. No matter what, I'm not gonna give up on him, because his music is interesting because he is interesting.

Also: I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. As far as I'm concerned this new music is just as weird and MIKA-ey as the old stuff... It still has no place on the radio where I'm at, and my friend still hate it just as much as they always have...

Edited by StarryEyed<3
Just wanted to add that :)

I was inside a lot of work and finals exams. that i quit a long time from internet. now I heard the new music and I can just say WTF Did Happen with mika ' s music?...i feel very dissapointed :shocked::shocked:

Hey' date=' don't worry so much! The way mika seems to be(to me at least) is the type of artist that really needs to evolve... He obviously has a really clear view of what he wants his career to be. Like, at the end of the day, I can tell he wants everything to balance out- it might seem out of whack now, but I just know he'll pull it off, and then maybe surprise us even more with his next record!!:wink2: plus, since he already has loads of fans, (all of us!) He probAbly is taking some creative freedom he may not have had at first. No matter what, I'm not gonna give up on him, because his music is interesting because he is interesting.

Also: I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. As far as I'm concerned this new music is just as weird and MIKA-ey as the old stuff... It still has no place on the radio where I'm at, and my friend still hate it just as much as they always have...[/quote']

Well the thing is, Mika needs a hit. Some think he's sold out, some think the song could be better.

But it does grow on you and it's great for the concerts. People can shout "it'll be OK" like they shout "we are golden".

But Mika needs a hit if he's going to continue to make music, and let's face it, he should be playing in stadiums by now. Others that came after him are doing that.

Popstars stay current by getting themselves on lots of stufff, like, becoming judges on a talent show (Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Jessie J and Tom Jones) or letting cameras follow their every move (Peter Andre and Olly Murs)

But Mika doesn't go down that route. Yet still he needs a hit song. He also needs more fans, new fans that didn't discover him before.

I think, with Celebrate, he's reaching out to new people, and asking the old fans to trust him, that there will be incredible songs on the album (I, personally,love MYH and Uw already) and once he's established himself again he will release them. I think this is the key thing with Celebrate. It's to get him noticed again, by the masses.

I just hope his record people don't screw it up for him. It seems aweful that we have to wait so long, but maybe they are doing the right thing. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Well the thing is, Mika needs a hit. Some think he's sold out, some think the song could be better.

But it does grow on you and it's great for the concerts. People can shout "it'll be OK" like they shout "we are golden".

But Mika needs a hit if he's going to continue to make music, and let's face it, he should be playing in stadiums by now. Others that came after him are doing that.

Popstars stay current by getting themselves on lots of stufff, like, becoming judges on a talent show (Gary Barlow, Cheryl Cole, Jessie J and Tom Jones) or letting cameras follow their every move (Peter Andre and Olly Murs)

But Mika doesn't go down that route. Yet still he needs a hit song. He also needs more fans, new fans that didn't discover him before.

I think, with Celebrate, he's reaching out to new people, and asking the old fans to trust him, that there will be incredible songs on the album (I, personally,love MYH and Uw already) and once he's established himself again he will release them. I think this is the key thing with Celebrate. It's to get him noticed again, by the masses.

I just hope his record people don't screw it up for him. It seems aweful that we have to wait so long, but maybe they are doing the right thing. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

AMEN TO WHAT YOU SAID, all of it :thumb_yello:

i also was a bit worried, but after seeing him live on sunday, i'm not anymore - he's still the same old lovely mika, just with a bit of added computer sounds in his new songs. hey, it's the 21st century, computers are everywhere!

I wouldn't say I'm 'worried' as the title of the thread suggests but it's true that I'm not as enthusiastic about the songs as I've been with other songs, and above all I'm not as excited as I thought I would be after all this time.. Especially as I wasn't around at the time of WAG. I was much more excited last Summer with EMD for example. I do like the 2 new songs, but I don't know, I think I really need to see more of him and know more about his true feelings about these songs in order to 'assimilate' them more.

Anyway, I quoted you Mellody because that's exactly what I hoped I would hear about Lovebox. Can't wait to see him next month to find again 'the same old lovely Mika' :original:

I think, with Celebrate, he's reaching out to new people, and asking the old fans to trust him, that there will be incredible songs on the album (I, personally,love MYH and Uw already) and once he's established himself again

he will release them. I think this is the key thing with Celebrate. It's to get him noticed again, by the masses.

I just hope his record people don't screw it up for him. It seems aweful that

we have to wait so long, but maybe they are doing the right thing. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Yes, absolutely. Thanks for that :thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey!

I just wanted to say that I'm now quite excited about the album, since "The Origin of Love" sounds really promising and also, "Lola" is intriguing and I really can't wait to hear both songs on the album!! That's sounds like the Mika I love =D