Origin of Love - Song and Lyrics Discussion

suzie

:blink: You've grown up, Caz. :mf_rosetinted:

'old Mika' is back :yay:

oh, I think it will be a large scale 'production' on the record. Wasn't it this the one he recorded at Abbey Road with a choir?

:lmfao: what can I say? I wasn't much attention to his "attire" (or lack there of lol)

I have no idea about what choir he used, but I do hope it will sound bigger and more uplifting than it has done so far.

I'm not sure how I feel about this song quite yet, will probably have to listen to it again, but I agree with the people who said that it reminds them of Underwater. It's not the lyrics, but the melody that is a bit similar to me....

I have to say that after I've listened to the Tallinn version I like it a lot better!

Actually contrary to some of you I prefer the Denmark version.. I don't hear his voice fully in the Tallinn version, and I prefer him not singing 'love, love, love' but go with the long 'looooove' :naughty:

I'm not sure how I feel about this song quite yet, will probably have to listen to it again, but I agree with the people who said that it reminds them of Underwater. It's not the lyrics, but the melody that is a bit similar to me....

oooh and I forgot to add that the music at the beginning of it TOTALLY reminds me of "How Much Do You Love Me" :wink2: What a blast from the past!!!

I keep being addicted to this song! I still feel happiness, because now I start to believe in the new album, I start to believe that I will like it (with such songs as UW and TOOL in it!)

Btw, I clearly know by now which part of Tool exactly reminds me of wich lines of UW.

Listened 2 live ver of Origin of Love..

I think TOOL recorded ver shall have quite a lot of elec voice part..and for 2 live sets he redesigned some sound in several part to sing it live but it's not complete and awkward cuz of technical reason... That may be the reason some ppl say the song is not for them...

According to my experience, the single record would def turn some fans mind back, in a good way. It would be just perfect, cover up every missing part in live sets. :teehee:

OMFG:shocked:

This is the one. The CORE of the 3rd album for real! I ABSOLFUXCKINGLUTELY LOVE IT!

It certainly has great flow.. very well 'constructed' I can say.. (maybe not appropriate word in English:mf_rosetinted:) Has up-and down in right places... well.. It has all factors which Single cut song should have! :aah::aah:

:thumb_yello:

Actually contrary to some of you I prefer the Denmark version.. I don't hear his voice fully in the Tallinn version, and I prefer him not singing 'love, love, love' but go with the long 'looooove' :naughty:

I actually also prefer the Danish version as I can hear the song better and he plays a more active role in it. The Tallinn one was more a 'safe' performance, leaving less for the imagination due to the stronger bass and more recoded sounds vs 'live' ones, at the same time tough, probably more enjoyable for most. I'll re-post the Nibe festival version in the first post again.

@latin part

Maybe it's

Patre deus, deus machismo

You're the magic, deus machismo

deus ... sanctu spiritus

:doh: I first thought magne - then heard padre but thought that was not Latin... Silly me- yes, patre is the correct word. It's not that machismo is Latin, is it? :teehee:

Thanks for the words - The patre deus part is correct but there is no English afterwards iMO and the I'll listen again to try to figure the out the last line.

Edited by suzie

I actually also prefer the Danish version as I can hear the song better and he plays a more active role in it. The Tallinn one was more a 'safe' performance, leaving less for the imagination due to the stronger bass and more recoded sounds vs 'live' ones, at the same time tough, probably more enjoyable for most. I'll re-post the Nibe festival version in the first post again.

I definitely prefer the danish version :thumb_yello:

I prefer to Denmark version too. In Tallinn his voice is gone too much :naughty: Denmark ver sounds more stable and energetic :thumb_yello:

@latin part

Maybe it's

You're the magic, deus machismo

deus ... sanctu spiritus

How about this one:

Patre deus machismo

I ode matre deus machismo

deus extus (?) santu spiritus ....

The last line also does not make sense (God outside the Holy Spirit) except considering the lines before / the lyrics of the song itself... :teehee:

What do you think?

oh, and I hear another line as the first one from Denmark but that was a recorded part and in Tallinn it was all live, I think.

Edited by suzie

Am I the only one :fangurl: all day listening The Origin of Love ?

It's the ACE! Best Mika Song Eva for me !! :wub2:

You're definitely not the only one:naughty: I listen to it still since Thursday .And although we dont know how the record version will sound it's also slowly becoming my fav MIka song ever (along with Underwater) :mikalove: I'm addicted to it:wub2:

You're definitely not the only one:naughty: I listen to it still since Thursday .And although we dont know how the record version will sound it's also slowly becoming my fav MIka song ever (along with Underwater) :mikalove: I'm addicted to it:wub2:

YAY! :hi5:

Am I the only one :fangurl: all day listening The Origin of Love ?

It's the ACE! Best Mika Song Eva for me !! :wub2:

Me too!!!Can't stop!!!!Good Gone Girl is become the second place of you??:teehee:

How about this one:

Patre deus machismo

I ode matre deus machismo

deus extus (?) santu spiritus ....

There is definitely a twist in there I want to figure out and I don't think he actually means that 'I hate my mother' but more likely, I hate "Mother Jesus"

- would that make sense ? (I think I'll go to hell now for having that written down in any case :naughty:

:mf_popeanim:

The last line also does not make sense (God outside the Holy Spirit) except considering the lines before / the lyrics of the song itself...

Yeah, it could be extus. It would make sense for me, too, if you see it in the context of the Adam and Eve verses ("god didn't think the deserved it"). Like the god that is shown in the bible (or in the church...) isn't really the Holy Spirit if he is acting like that.

Not sure about the "I ode" though, but now I hear "matre", too :)