Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

Just read it on FB and I'm really afraid too...this thing seems serious and I hope he'll listen to doctors and he'll take care of himself! His health is what matters..not gigs or other things..and I'm sure fans will understand!

He was told weeks ago not to push his voice, THAT'S when he should of done it.

He should have cancelled the promo from the last couple of weeks, to rest his voice, and the last couple of gigs too. His voice clearly wasn't up to it, so why wreck it?

It's completely pointless.

And before I get accused of not caring, I am stressed out because I actually do care. I think he's not helping his voice by ignoring what the doctors in Europe told him!

I want his voice to get back to full strength as much as anyone, but this feels like shutting the door after the horse has bolted!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you Rose. We went through this all in 2007. I understand the reasoning for skipping certain commitments and not others but it just creates more problems long term.

Anyway I hope he gets better soon. I didn't realize things were so bad.

I already thought it was weird when he was still doing shows after he could't sing properly in Lisbon (it was Lisbon, right?). Now I really find it strange and worrying that he cancells the show on Sunday, but not the shows before or even after that. I don't know if it's his decision (probably not) or his people's but it's concerning to me, because apparently somoene is caring more about shows than his health. And at the same time some cities seem more important than the others. At least that's what came across my mind, when I read about cancelling Glasgow.

I didn't realize things were so bad.

I did. Kind of. I don't normally watch concert footage of gigs I don't attend but watched the Peugeot performance and his voice didn't sound good at all. It lacked the strength it normally has. I didn't comment on it - especially since most people did not notice that - but I don't see the point in him performing at such high scale, quality acoustic events when he has voice problems. He really should have skipped that one, IMO.

He needs to have a rest to get better.

I did. Kind of. I don't normally watch concert footage of gigs I don't attend but watched the Peugeot performance and his voice didn't sound good at all.

Yes I noticed as well. But he didn't seem ill like in 2007 if you know what I mean so I thought he could push through it even if his voice has not fully recovered yet.

From FB:

"CHOIR UPDATE - anyone who entered the choir for Glasgow can now re-enter for Manchester if they want - send your video in marked Manchester, extended deadline tomorrow 4pm to give you a chance to enter - just means winners wont find out until Friday morning... so all Manchester applicants keep an eye on your emails please! Thank you..."

I did. Kind of. I don't normally watch concert footage of gigs I don't attend but watched the Peugeot performance and his voice didn't sound good at all. It lacked the strength it normally has. I didn't comment on it - especially since most people did not notice that - but I don't see the point in him performing at such high scale, quality acoustic events when he has voice problems. He really should have skipped that one, IMO.

He needs to have a rest to get better.

I tend to agree with you :(

I don't know, of course, who is responsible for not cancelling the next gigs, maybe he is obliged, or something... But I hope himself he understands, that the thinking in most global terms (saving the voice) is more important even than a temporary reputation in UK (which is.... you know...).

His voice is not recovered yet and i thought he even looked very ill in the vids. He looked a bit better earlier in Bordeaux, maybe because he got strong medicine but all these gigs/promo was too much. I really hope this is not harming his voice in the long run. He really needs to rest. Must change my own plans now but no idea what to do yet.

Oh crap... :blink:

I didn't think it was that bad :sad:

I really hope he will be ok, and that his voice is not damaged :no: I hope these last 3 gigs won't be too much for his voice to sustain :no:

Feel so sorry for Mika, he must be very sad and so sorry for the fans :huglove:

Of course, it seems now he shouldn't have done all this promo things since the Nantes gig, but now it's done, all that we could wish is that he recovers very quickly...

Now I really find it strange and worrying that he cancells the show on Sunday, but not the shows before or even after that. I don't know if it's his decision (probably not) or his people's but it's concerning to me, because apparently somoene is caring more about shows than his health. And at the same time some cities seem more important than the others. At least that's what came across my mind, when I read about cancelling Glasgow.

Yes, I thought the same when I read that... :dunno: I don't understand why Glasgow and not the one in Iceland ?

From Facebook

It is with great regret that Mika has to cancel his show in Glasgow on Sunday night. Having battled with laryngitis for a few weeks now and after many hours of treatment and consultation, the doctors have warned that Mika has to cut his singing commitments dramatically, or risk permanent damage to his voice. The London, Manchester and Reykjavik shows are still set to go ahead, but sadly he has had to pull out of several promotional engagements, both in the UK and Europe next week, as well as this show in Scotland. Mika is very upset to let down his fans who had bought tickets to this show. Refunds are available (please contact the vendor) and Mika hopes to be back in Scotland next year

:no:

I always worry about his voice. He has such an amazing gift and it would be so sad if something were to happen to him. I hope he takes care of himself and does what he needs to begin to recover. A world without his beautiful voice in it would be a very cold place indeed.

I tend to agree with you :(

I don't know, of course, who is responsible for not cancelling the next gigs, maybe he is obliged, or something... But I hope himself he understands, that the thinking in most global terms (saving the voice) is more important even than a temporary reputation in UK (which is.... you know...).

Sorry, he should have cancelled the gigs and promo in Europe when his voice packed up. That is why it is like it is now!

It's most likely he may not have been able to do the UK ones either, but at least his voice would have had another weeks recovery time.

You make it sound like he shouldn't even bother here, and I disagree with that. He does still have a fan base here!

Sorry, he should have cancelled the gigs and promo in Europe when his voice packed up. That is why it is like it is now!

Yes he's had problems for a month it didn't just start a few days ago. I realize he has important promotion opportunities and private gigs but I think headlining gigs should always take top priority. It doesn't matter what country they are in.

This is really sad :sad: when I watched video from private gig in Paris he sounded differently while he was singing Happy ending and I was like, Is he ok ?? :sad:

Sad thing..... sounded like he's squeezing his throat to sing... :sad: Actually he was like that past few weeks so that's why I had to say he needs few weeks to rest.

It's most likely he may not have been able to do the UK ones either, but at least his voice would have had another weeks recovery time.

You make it sound like he shouldn't even bother here, and I disagree with that. He does still have a fan base here!

Dear Rose, of course he has a loyal fanbase there, I'm talking about the media.

Sad thing..... sounded like he's squeezing his throat to sing... :sad: Actually he was like that past few weeks so that's why I had to say he needs few weeks to rest.

yes he really tortured himself and I was noooo why I LOVE THAT SONG HE NEED TO SING IT PERFECTLY :crybaby:

I'm really worried about him now! I'm worried that at the London and Manchester gigs, the crowds won't be supportive and sing very loudly, and it will be alot of hard work for him :no:.
000201F1.gif

NOT EAT TO MUCH MUSHROOM IN SPAIN´S VISIT....

HO HO HO!!!!

I HOPE TO SEE YOU ANYWHERE...

alerta_informacion.gif000204AE.gif 000204AD.gif 00020337.gif 000203D1.gif

0002053E.gif 0002017B.gif 0002032D.gif 00020331.gif

00020330.gif 0002033D.gif 0002022A.gif

Edited by mer

Poor Mika! I really, really worry about him and his voice. I hope he'll be alright.

_

And I still don't know the final answer! :/

I don't even know are 2nd and 5th right. Can anybody help me? :blush-anim-cl:

EDIT: YAY I got the final word! ;)

Edited by mmona

Poor Mika! I really, really worry about him and his voice. I hope he'll be alright.

_

And I still don't know the final answer! :/

I don't even know are 2nd and 5th right. Can anybody help me? :blush-anim-cl:

EDIT: YAY I got the final word! ;)

Yay :yay:

From Mika FB

We have an update to the stage time tonight in Manchester, Mika will now be on stage at 8pm.... See you down the front!

Clue #8 - What is the name of the sad song Mika says he wrote with Pharrell?

[YOUTUBE]x9uYK8G8x2I[/YOUTUBE]