Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Facebook: As I’m sure you have seen, we’ve been celebrating National Doodle Day here by getting you to create doodles inspired by Mika’s songs. It has been amazing to see all your wonderful talent, we have loved looking through all the galleries and hope you have too. BUT it really wouldn’t be fair to get you to do all the hard work, would it?! So, to show his support too, Mika has done a doodle! Check it out, we have some more news on this coming later today…

481511_10151320424128040_982209329_n.jpg

I wish they would have put this up at the beginning, so everyone could see what a doodle ACTUALLY looks like! :aah:

I wish they would have put this up at the beginning, so everyone could see what a doodle ACTUALLY looks like! :aah:

I guess that a lot of people already knew what a doodle looks like. But if the Facebook Mika team picks more detailed artworks for the winners gallery, then nobody is motivated to do a proper doodle anymore.

Besides, I think that the 'meaning' of the word doodle is different for every single person; a person that draws on a regular basis detailed stuff, will call something a doodle if it's less detailed than the usual work, while this work to someone else will still be a detailed drawing and not a doodle.

I just enjoyed the 'doodling' and going through the gallery!

I thought that 'Nina Stojanovic' won this doodle last year with the Facebook competition...

The mysterious case of the Mika doodle!

wasn't it the other doodle they gave away as a prize? or was it both? in any case they might just have changed the date on the scanned picture, so unless they're giving it away as a prize a second time now, it might just be the scan of last year, not the actual doodle. :wink2:

So he's a pianist in the film! I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic movie appearance, cant wait to find out more about it:wub2:

Thanks for posting Laura!

Fanny Ardant to begin shooting Cadences Obstinées in Lisbon

by Vitor Pinto 17/01/2013 -

This week in Lisbon, actress Fanny Ardant began the six-week shooting

schedule of Cadences Obstinées, her second feature film as director.

The film features Portuguese actors Nuno Lopes and Ricardo Pereira,

together with Italian actress Asia Argento,

(now) Russian actor Gérard Depardieu

and Rumanian actor Tudor Istodor.

Cadences Obstinées revolves around a couple,

Margo (Asia Argento) and Furio (Nuno Lopes).

She is an acclaimed cellist who left her job to devote herself to her husband;

he is an architect embarked on the almost impossible task of

restoring a long-abandoned hotel.

As the opening day draws near, tensions and obstacles build up between them.

Eventually, the overshadowed cellist will go back to her music.

I guess that a lot of people already knew what a doodle looks like. But if the Facebook Mika team picks more detailed artworks for the winners gallery, then nobody is motivated to do a proper doodle anymore.

Besides, I think that the 'meaning' of the word doodle is different for every single person; a person that draws on a regular basis detailed stuff, will call something a doodle if it's less detailed than the usual work, while this work to someone else will still be a detailed drawing and not a doodle.

I just enjoyed the 'doodling' and going through the gallery!

They have given the definition several times, I don't see why people can't work to it.

It's fairer all round, as everyone can do a simple drawing. Because now only the more arty entries are going through, as the less artistic have given up, because they feel there's no point!

Fanny Ardant to begin shooting Cadences Obstinées in Lisbon

by Vitor Pinto 17/01/2013 -

This week in Lisbon, actress Fanny Ardant began the six-week shooting

schedule of Cadences Obstinées, her second feature film as director.

The film features Portuguese actors Nuno Lopes and Ricardo Pereira,

together with Italian actress Asia Argento,

(now) Russian actor Gérard Depardieu

and Rumanian actor Tudor Istodor.

Cadences Obstinées revolves around a couple,

Margo (Asia Argento) and Furio (Nuno Lopes).

She is an acclaimed cellist who left her job to devote herself to her husband;

he is an architect embarked on the almost impossible task of

restoring a long-abandoned hotel.

As the opening day draws near, tensions and obstacles build up between them.

Eventually, the overshadowed cellist will go back to her music.

Thanks,Alice! :thumb_yello:

Yeah and someone changed "2012" to "2013" on it :blink:

I thought that 'Nina Stojanovic' won this doodle last year with the Facebook competition...

The mysterious case of the Mika doodle!

That's what i noticed too and wote it in the other thread....:teehee:

wasn't it the other doodle they gave away as a prize? or was it both? in any case they might just have changed the date on the scanned picture, so unless they're giving it away as a prize a second time now, it might just be the scan of last year, not the actual doodle. :wink2:

Looks like it's the actual doodle but I think you're right that they gave the other one away last year. So it looks like he did two different doodles last year and now they are auctioning off the second one.

http://doodle.epilepsy.org.uk/celebrity-auction/celeb.cfm?set=2013&doodle=Mika

Looks like it's the actual doodle but I think you're right that they gave the other one away last year. So it looks like he did two different doodles last year and now they are auctioning off the second one.

http://doodle.epilepsy.org.uk/celebrity-auction/celeb.cfm?set=2013&doodle=Mika

hmmm i dunno the 2 sunboy doodles look exactly alike - it's hard to duplicate those sqiggles exactly :aah: so if the fb winner did get that doodle last year this looks like a copy...guess he could've traced over the original instead of scanning it..:dunno::teehee:

hmmm i dunno the 2 sunboy doodles look exactly alike - it's hard to duplicate those sqiggles exactly :aah: so if the fb winner did get that doodle last year this looks like a copy...guess he could've traced over the original instead of scanning it..:dunno::teehee:

I meant there were two different doodles on auction for Epilepsy. Does anyone know what the FB winner actually got? Did she post pics of it?

So he's a pianist in the film! I have a feeling this is going to be a fantastic movie appearance, cant wait to find out more about it:wub2:

Thanks for posting Laura!

:mikalove:

We can show confidence/support for MIKA by

voting him 'best actor' here :

http://faxo.com/home/people/twitter/actor/

(MIKA is #10, page one At The Moment)

Edited by A. Clay

I thought that the other doodle (the origin of love one) was auctioned and that this one was given to the winner of the doodle competition last year. But maybe the winner got an other doodle, we have never seen. :dunno:

I meant there were two different doodles on auction for Epilepsy. Does anyone know what the FB winner actually got? Did she post pics of it?

aah right i see what you mean..

i clearly remember this sunboy being offered up for the fb winner but whether or not that's what she eventually got is another thing :dunno: only nina would know the answer to this mystery :teehee: and i don't remember her posting a pic of the prize, at least not on mfc...

Yes,the winner was Magdalena,it's the other doodle,she posted that pic last year:

415865_368427436547442_1878388890_o.jpg

And now they posted this:

Did you see Mika’s doodle that we posted up earlier, to support National Doodle Day?

Well, the great news is we have given this to Epilepsy Action for their charity auction!

The auction has just gone live NOW and you can have a look and bid on it here.

The auction will close next week. Lots of other people have given doodles too,

so have a browse and support this very worthy cause. Thank you.

:blink: If the winner won this last year then how can they be auctioning it out? Is he doing another identical one? Why not just doodle something else??

this was the 'winner' on the epilepsy auction...we're wondering about the FB winner's doodle...

:doh: I'm confused,so many doodles! and on this one is written down "national doodle day",I thought it was this one :aah: