Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

I'm saying it's easier for an arty person to do a simple doodle than it is for a non arty person to do a more elaborate drawing.

It should be fair for everyone, don't you think?

Or are you saying only arty people should be allowed to enter, which is kind of looking down on the no artistic people who want to have a go. A bit unfair I think.

No I just thought it was unfair of you tho say that those who didn't draw doodles "flout the rules". Because they don't and it's unfair that they should take the blame when they are only following the rules. Where in my text post did you read: I don't think no artistic people shouldn't enter?

I myself think that the Mika team should have kept the competition as a doodle competition, but they didn't and that might be unfair. But that's the rules and it's a bit too late to complain now or say that people don't follow the rules because they don't draw doodles. Just wanted to say that if you have a problem with the competition complain on the Mika team but not one the ones who entry

because what can they do?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all it should be fun for everyone and not taken too serious. If these kind of competition will bring arguments they will stop doing things like this! Please let´s have fun and nothing else :huglove:

True, sorry I'll stop. :huglove:

And I do really like this competition and I hope they'll do it more times. It's fun to draw and it's fun to see other's interpretations of the song. You get new perspectives :teehee:

No I just thought it was unfair of you tho say that those who didn't draw doodles "flout the rules". Because they don't and it's unfair that they should take the blame when they are only following the rules. Where in my text post did you read: I don't think no artistic people shouldn't enter?

I myself think that the Mika team should have kept the competition as a doodle competition, but they didn't and that might be unfair. But that's the rules and it's a bit too late to complain now or say that people don't follow the rules because they don't draw doodles. Just wanted to say that if you have a problem with the competition complain on the Mika team but not one the ones who entry

because what can they do?

I checked and I see that they do say it's okay to be more artistic, so I apologise for saying that bit about flouting the rules. And I have several times commented on FB on it not being fair that it's not being a proper doodle competition, but I guess it's been ignored, like most of the doodles.

But the definition of a doodle is clearly stated at the beginning, so in the spirit of fairness, I can't see why everyone couldn't stick to it. If I was more artistic I would have done a proper doodle, as that's what was asked for.

Don't get me wrong, some of the pics entered have been amazing, and for any other comp I'd have probably picked them, but not for this.

First of all it should be fun for everyone and not taken too serious. If these kind of competition will bring arguments they will stop doing things like this! Please let´s have fun and nothing else :huglove:

I honestly wouldn't be saying anything if it was fun for everyone, but as not everyone is getting a fair shake, I can't see how it is.

But I've said everything I want to say now, so I'm gone.

I honestly wouldn't be saying anything if it was fun for everyone, but as not everyone is getting a fair shake, I can't see how it is.

But I've said everything I want to say now, so I'm gone.

I understand what you mean Rose and I only voted for doodles and not for paintings :wink2:

A competition that requires skill is never going to be "fair" to everyone. Asking why people don't turn in a lesser piece of art to give less skilled people a chance to win is like asking why everyone doesn't stop queuing so that the people who have to work until 6 pm can get into the front row. Is anyone here that altruistic? I REALLY do not think so. :mf_rosetinted:

They've made the rules and people are following them. If you prefer the doodles you can show your support by voting for them. It's a democratic process to choose the winner from the finalists so I don't see how it can be more fair than that. :dunno:

Not sure this is reliable.

From Christopher Joseph:

@mikasounds Can I be featured in your #Popular music video shooting this weekend? I know about Popular!! xox

Interesting,thanks for posting! :thumb_yello:

Not sure this is reliable.

From Christopher Joseph:

@mikasounds Can I be featured in your #Popular music video shooting this weekend? I know about Popular!! xox

Popular vid? :shocked:

I hope there will be no less Mika than Ariana :sneaky2:

though I prefer it without her

There are many people twitting about a possibile Mika's retire now.... WTF?

I think the way it was done was totally unfair to worldwide fanbase as a whole.

Very disappointed.

Well we don't know what he said exactly and it doesn't seem that far off from some other things he's said like he's "going into the studio" in January, etc. I do wish he would be direct and clear though. I thought his coming out would be a real turn of direction but there is still so much spin about his career. I can understand it on some level but I think some honesty would go a lot further in his case especially since it seems the people paying the most attention at this point are his existing fanbase.

it's bloody pure rumours,mika chose this way and it's already through his whole life,he cured himself by making music,retiring?sounds too far,and as a fan,everybody here should understand that the public internet is full of ridiculous news.

it's bloody pure rumours,mika chose this way and it's already through his whole life,he cured himself by making music,retiring?sounds too far,and as a fan,everybody here should understand that the public internet is full of ridiculous news.

Thing is, if he is saying all these contradictory things about his career, people get confused and if it's about taking a step back, people panic. That is a normal response.

As I said in the tour rumor thread, I don't understand where this whole idea of "retiring" is coming from. According to what NRJ posted, he only said he's "taking a step back" -- that to me indicates that he's just going to reevaluate what he's been doing, not quitting the music business forever. :blink: I really don't get the panic and need for exaggeration -- taking some time off does not equate to quitting the business. :dunno:

As I said in the tour rumor thread, I don't understand where this whole idea of "retiring" is coming from. According to what NRJ posted, he only said he's "taking a step back" -- that to me indicates that he's just going to reevaluate what he's been doing, not quitting the music business forever. :blink: I really don't get the panic and need for exaggeration -- taking some time off does not equate to quitting the business. :dunno:

Of course he'll not quit the music business!! :blush-anim-cl:

MIKA = MUSIC :fisch::thumb_yello: No reason to panic - it's all very natural :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

"taking a step back", IMO, doesn`t mean "finish my career". It doesn`t sound like that.

For me it means that we might not see the 4th album this year, won`t welcome Mika in many countries with a full TOOL show, etc...

He probably means that he`s not totally into making NEW music in 2013....It took so much time, pressure and his personal emotional efforts to create The Origin of Love including following related events that it won`t be possible to maintain the same "crazy" activity this year....

MB this is not an explanation MFCers would like to hear.... Or it is:blush-anim-cl:

P.S. Call me naive but I still believe in Mika`s loyalty to his fanbase. In case of "finishing" he`d be more undisguised .

From Facebook:

There seem to be some rumours going around today, on Twitter etc, that Mika is 'taking a step back' from music. A lot of you have been in touch to ask if the shows are cancelled, if there will ever be any more music and what is going on, so we thought we'd set the record straight. This is one big misunderstanding, a rumour only and incorrect. Mika has a lot of different things going on but is very excited about going out to festivals this summer, he loves making music and has no plans to retire! In fact, we have some pretty exciting news coming this week, so hold tight....