Step with me - New song

guylainem123

Mika has surreal ability to make a catch tunes..

yes, both new songs are catchy and luckily not in an irritating way. They are simply great tunes and I really feel positive about both - hope the recorded versions won't be spoilt, either. :teehee:

This one, which chorus surprisingly I can still sing to myself :shocked:, along with Popular, were the songs I liked the most at the pre-listening session in London. Considering it's less than two weeks to have the CD in my hands, I think I'm avoiding listening to those live versions for now. Thanks anyway, for vids and lyrics! :thumb_yello:

i think when the chorus changes, the last line is also a bit different:

Step 1, I don't even know you

Step 2, come a little closer

Step 3, you can't even see me

Three steps from loving me

i also remember hearing the line "three steps for/from loving me" in the album version, thought it was in every chorus but i also remember that i didn't understand that line til the end of the song, so it probably was just that changed bit that i understood. :teehee:

Some people argue they cannot really connect with Karen (82...) because they don't understand the lyrics, but as a native English speaker, the chorus of Step (with me) sounds like another language I've never heard before to me. Nice song though!:thumb_yello:

Some people argue they cannot really connect with Karen (82...) because they don't understand the lyrics, but as a native English speaker, the chorus of Step (with me) sounds like another language I've never heard before to me. Nice song though!:thumb_yello:

That was my thought too, first time I heard it I thought he sung in english or even dutch and I'm still not complete sure during some parts of the song :aah:

That was my thought too, first time I heard it I thought he sung in english or even dutch and I'm still not complete sure during some parts of the song :aah:

Dutch would have sounded quite a bit different (ugly) but I know what you mean. I couldn't understand more than a few words when I heard it. But now that I'm reading them... don't get me wrong, I like the song, it's really sweet. But am I the only one that things these lyrics are just a tiny little bit cheesy?

These words might sound a little bit cheesy compared to his other songs, but I think this song would be very radio friendly: the melody is beautiful and the words easy to get. And I like the sound of the guitar, it gives it this little sound of the 70's.

These words might sound a little bit cheesy compared to his other songs, but I think this song would be very radio friendly: the melody is beautiful and the words easy to get. And I like the sound of the guitar, it gives it this little sound of the 70's.

It's not so much, cheesy, it's more (I would say) old fashioned. The kind of song that used to be sung years ago, when couples courted instead of having sex as soon as they met. It's a beautiful love song with no references to sex, just getting to know someone, and taking the steps of courtship, to be with them.

It's not so much, cheesy, it's more (I would say) old fashioned. The kind of song that used to be sung years ago, when couples courted instead of having sex as soon as they met. It's a beautiful love song with no references to sex, just getting to know someone, and taking the steps of courtship, to be with them.

Your words are so beautiful, and you characterized the song so deeply :wub2:

These days world really misses such songs. We are fed up with dirty aggressive texts.

Dutch would have sounded quite a bit different (ugly) but I know what you mean. I couldn't understand more than a few words when I heard it. But now that I'm reading them... don't get me wrong, I like the song, it's really sweet. But am I the only one that things these lyrics are just a tiny little bit cheesy?

Well the only reason dutch crossed my mind was because he was in Amsterdam :aah: Well I have to say I don't find it cheesy, except the home cooked thing part, just really sweet and caring. And I have to say I love the refrain with all the different steps. :teehee:

Am I weird if I don't want to listen to the 2 new songs now? I feel like we've heard so many songs live already (which is great) and I really want to find out how they sound on the album; but I also want to have a fair amount of songs I will discover entirely on the release day..

I think I'll wait. It's not even that hard to wait at the moment as we should have the album version in less than 2 weeks :boing:

Sorry if someone else was already saying the same (that would be a relief to know I'm not the only 'bad fan') but I'm not even reading the thread to avoid the lyrics and stuff :insane:

You're not weird at all :naughty:. This is how I feel too.

Well I've literally only listened to the song once, and not even the whole of it, but yes it does have an old fashioned feel. It reminds me very much of Three Steps to Heaven by Eddie Cochran. I'm hazarding a guess it reminds Mika of it, too :mf_rosetinted:

I wrote almost the same on twitter :aah:

These songs has grown on me already, like I knew them my whole life, and Mika just reminded me the things that I knew from the day I was born. It's such a mysterious uncanny feeling! I admire it, because I felt the same the day I've heard Relax, when it only appeared.

Scary..:mf_rosetinted:

I'm thinking of some conspiracy theories about mika... :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

My husband STILL swears he listened to Relax when he was going out with friends at the disco. In 1990 :mf_rosetinted: no matter how many times I´ve told him that Mika was only 7 years by that time :mf_rosetinted:

Isn't it this one? :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]6dOwHzCHfgA[/YOUTUBE]

Isn't it this one? :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]6dOwHzCHfgA[/YOUTUBE]

No, no... he sings the chorus along each time I play that song. He swears he sang "Relax, take it eeeeaaaaassyyy, for there´s nothing that we can do..." in 1990 :mf_rosetinted: And no way he is changing his mind, so... :aah:

I'm hazarding a guess it reminds Mika of it, too :mf_rosetinted:

haha. yes, him or Hillary.. Not the music, though, that is something else. I need some days of weeks before I figure out what that hook is but I guess I will eventually.. :teehee:

oh come on, most of these will have a memorable tune... :teehee:

I really like the sound in the snippet, too.

I think most of them sound either boring or overproduced, but this one seems perfect :mf_rosetinted:

Think this song is gonna be my favourite :teehee: It actually has a memorable tune :naughty:

Yep, I listened to it ONCE yesterday and could not get the tune out of my head all day. That's old skool Mika :naughty:

It does sound like a boyband song, but a good one. I can imagine One Direction singing it for example *waits to get flamed* :naughty: Of course, it's too good for them really :mikacool:

Yep, I listened to it ONCE yesterday and could not get the tune out of my head all day. That's old skool Mika :naughty:

It does sound like a boyband song, but a good one. I can imagine One Direction singing it for example *waits to get flamed* :naughty: Of course, it's too good for them really :mikacool:

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that One Direction part of the post :aah: But yeah old skool Mika, that's how I like it :teehee: I know he has to develop and all that bla bla, but if he keeps developing in the direction he is heading then I'm just gonna have to find something else to listen to :mf_rosetinted: