Step with me - New song

guylainem123

Mika sang for the first time tonight "Step with me" in the Netherlands

Lucky people who heard it live :swoon:

Can we figure out the words? :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]QjDFVrNe68Q[/YOUTUBE]

I've heard it again and :swoon::swoon::tears:

Btw, after listening to both songs like dozen of times, I like it more and more, and want it more and more - a good test.

I don't feel that it is awkward, like it was with Karen, or boring and stale, like it was with Weather song. Since the last year, every time I'm prepared to listen to a new song, I'm so afraid to get this feeling again. But no, the new song feel like a fresh breath, and it makes me happy doubly!

Is the version on the album more upbeat and dancey though? From what I remember reading on album preview threads it seems so. I think I'll prefer it that way.

Thanks for the link to the video :thumb_yello: I'm not going to listen to it any more though now until the album. This acoustic version doesn't do a lot for me at first listen to be honest.

Another vid of the song :)

Beautiful, thanks! :thumb_yello:

The more I hear it, the more I'm convinced he's saying:

This love's delicious

Like home-cooked dishes

I'm tasting mysteries here

It does make sense in the context of the rest of the lyrics, actually. But I'll

keep listening. :original:

Mika has surreal ability to make a catch tunes.. I just heard this song once while working, and the step 1 2 3 part spinning around my head all day :shocked: I felt like I've alreday heard song long long time ago.... :aah:

Mika has surreal ability to make a catch tunes.. I just heard this song once while working, and the step 1 2 3 part spinning around my head all day :shocked: I felt like I've alreday heard song long long time ago.... :aah:

I wrote almost the same on twitter :aah:

These songs has grown on me already, like I knew them my whole life, and Mika just reminded me the things that I knew from the day I was born. It's such a mysterious uncanny feeling! I admire it, because I felt the same the day I've heard Relax, when it only appeared.

Me too :shocked::naughty:

Me too :shocked::naughty:

Do you happen to know NKOTB??

And Step by Step?? :mf_rosetinted:

Cause even if it´s not the same song OF COURSE they are quite similar with that sentences..

Step one........whatever

Step two...... whatever

etc.

I couldn´t help it and thought of that NKOTB song the first time I heard this. Of course I like Mika´s most, but my brain doesn´t stop messing both :sneaky2:

I think that´s what happens when a melody is really catchy, you have it in your head and you think you heard it before.

My husband STILL swears he listened to Relax when he was going out with friends at the disco. In 1990 :mf_rosetinted: no matter how many times I´ve told him that Mika was only 7 years by that time :mf_rosetinted:

*this song on replay* :naughty:

My husband STILL swears he listened to Relax when he was going out with friends at the disco. In 1990 :mf_rosetinted: no matter how many times I´ve told him that Mika was only 7 years by that time :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I really like the little I can hear, but the crowd is to loud and I can't really hear what he sings :dunno: But the melody is really beautiful.

I love it too. Even though I can't catch it all due to the din they were all making.

If it was me listening to a new Mika song, I'd forget even to breathe while he sang it!

I love it too. Even though I can't catch it all due to the din they were all making.

If it was me listening to a new Mika song, I'd forget even to breathe while he sang it!

Me too!

It made me angry actually, excuse me, but why couldn't they just shut up? There's even one person laughing in the middle of the song, do I need to say more! :sneaky2:

Building on what others wrote before:

I was looking for the chase

From the high ground to the ditches ??

But the chase i'll never miss

Now I know what happiness is

Yes, I changed that earlier this morning after several more listens. Ingie's

just posted another video so that you can read Mika's lips a little bit

better in some parts, so I'm updating again:

Step with Me

Is this happening to me?

Have I lost all my defenses?

Should I wait around and see

What it's like to lose my senses?

I was looking for the chase

From the high ground to the ditches

But the chase I'll never miss

Now I know what happiness is

This love's delicious

Like home-cooked dishes

Step 1, come a little closer

Step 2, rest upon my shoulder

Step 3, I'm calling you baby

Three steps away from me

Step 4, we can get married

Step 5, top it with a cherry

Step 6, as good as it gets

Now come along and step with me

Sun is shining up ahead

Through the years we'll still be happy

Making movies in my head

Making arguments an agony (?)

Don't know why but all the words

Sound just like a melody

From the pieces that I've heard

I could be ... (?)

This love's delicious

Like home-cooked dishes

Step 1, come a little closer

Three steps away from me

So come along and step with me

Step 1, I don't even know you

Step 2, come a little closer

Step 3, you can't even see me

Three steps away from me

Step 1, dome a little closer

Three steps away from me

So come along and step with me

Three steps three steps

Edited by dcdeb

Am I weird if I don't want to listen to the 2 new songs now? I feel like we've heard so many songs live already (which is great) and I really want to find out how they sound on the album; but I also want to have a fair amount of songs I will discover entirely on the release day..

I think I'll wait. It's not even that hard to wait at the moment as we should have the album version in less than 2 weeks :boing:

Sorry if someone else was already saying the same (that would be a relief to know I'm not the only 'bad fan') but I'm not even reading the thread to avoid the lyrics and stuff :insane: