MIKA @ Manchester Ritz (UK) 14 December 2012

dcdeb

oh wow, i never knew this website existed! :shocked: amazing idea, a website for hotels near concert venues!

chris, sorry to hear that the YHA was already booked up when you tried to book. :sad:

Is anyone else relieved that TM extended the deadline for the audition vids?!! :thumb_yello:

Was up til 2.45am this morning with my toyboy trying to record his in one take! Bless him, he's a musician so doesn't listen to the words, just the music....it's proving a bit of a task for him now though!

I've given him homework to learn the words by Saturday morning....then I'll film him. :naughty:

good luck to you two! :thumb_yello: which songs are you singing? i guess i'll try my luck for manchester as well, since i still don't have a ticket yet. :teehee: - i won't record a new video, but just send in the one again that i've made for the european gigs. either they don't have enough people for the choir, then it doesn't really matter whether i send in this video or another one, and i'll be happy to be in the choir. or they have enough applications, then i'll be just as happy to buy a ticket and watch the show. :wink2:

@laurel: no matter when the deadline is, usually they only send out the mails 1-2 days before the gig, so i wouldn't expect an answer so soon. :wink2:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our flight is arrving in Manchester around 10am, and then we'll go to the venue until we check in to our hostel, i think..

Dunno where else to go :aah:

Wow! Everyone's arriving really early. I have a Biology mock that day and I don't finish school until 3:35 . I live several hours away from Manchester! Maybe I'll have to try to leave school a bit earlier.

Does anyone know what kind of gig it is? I got the impression it's quite small. Will it matter if I arrive just before he comes on?

oh wow, i never knew this website existed! :shocked: amazing idea, a website for hotels near concert venues!

chris, sorry to hear that the YHA was already booked up when you tried to book. :sad:

Me too :tears: Now I've booked The Hatters,witch is in the opposite direction :doh: Damn,I must be crazy,I wouldn't do this for anyone else in the world :aah:

Wow! Everyone's arriving really early. I have a Biology mock that day and I don't finish school until 3:35 . I live several hours away from Manchester! Maybe I'll have to try to leave school a bit earlier.

Does anyone know what kind of gig it is? I got the impression it's quite small. Will it matter if I arrive just before he comes on?

Well it's down to getting the cheapest fare on the train from London. And at some point having to check into the hotel :wink2:

I've got tinsel that will do fine. I'll bring extra in case anyone needs some.

What time will people be getting to the venue?

Thank you Marilyn:thumb_yello:

Not sure, I think people will get to Manchester much before 9.30-10am, so after that really.

No lol ... cos' I did my video for London while he was still touring Europe and now I have to wait even longer to find out whether I'm in the choir ... I thought I'd find out today ... now I probably have to wait till Saturday ... :aah: Piffle :wink2:

I know....the suspense is a killer. I'm reading about what time people are getting to the venue and about the tinsel thinking 'I don't want to be doing that....I want to be arriving for rehearsals!!' The feeling is soooooo weird!!

Oh well, if not picked can get into the ETA and tinsel v.quickly!!

Good Luck Laurel :thumb_yello:

Good luck to you two! :thumb_yello: which songs are you singing? i guess i'll try my luck for manchester as well, since i still don't have a ticket yet. :teehee: - i won't record a new video, but just send in the one again that i've made for the european gigs. either they don't have enough people for the choir, then it doesn't really matter whether i send in this video or another one, and i'll be happy to be in the choir. or they have enough applications, then i'll be just as happy to buy a ticket and watch the show. :wink2:

I'm doing LYWID and my boy is doing Stardust (so far!!:naughty:)

Good Luck to you for round two....with your lucky video!

Rose, have you done yours yet?

Thank you Marilyn:thumb_yello:

Not sure, I think people will get to Manchester much before 9.30-10am, so after that really.

We're going home between the gigs, so will come back to Manchester, maybe, about 6pm. We don't have to queue as we're going up to the balcony. But I'll bring some extra tinsel from home and if some ppl haven't got any by that time, I'll give them some.

I hope that there isn't a barrier in between the stage and the audience. I WANNA STAGE INVADE :excite::naughty:

on the pictures i've seen from the venue, there always is a barrier. guess it's too big to not have one. but like christine said - a barrier won't stop a stage invasion, if mika and the crowd want one. :teehee: i remember london in 2008... i have NO idea how i managed to climb over the barrier with the long skirt of my gray skelly costume, but somehow it worked. :lmfao:

but if you want to be on stage, why don't you apply for the choir? :teehee:

Many a stage invasion took place even with a barrier. :naughty:

I might just try. :mf_rosetinted: Even if it is a one-man stage invasion. :mf_rosetinted:

on the pictures i've seen from the venue, there always is a barrier. guess it's too big to not have one. but like christine said - a barrier won't stop a stage invasion, if mika and the crowd want one. :teehee: i remember london in 2008... i have NO idea how i managed to climb over the barrier with the long skirt of my gray skelly costume, but somehow it worked. :lmfao:

but if you want to be on stage, why don't you apply for the choir? :teehee:

:lmfao: How DID you do that? :aah: Magic. :mf_rosetinted:

I would have loved too, but sadly I'm under 18, and you have to be over 18 to be part of the choir :huh: It really sucks, cos that would have been a dream come true really :aah:

That's why I shall stage invade and grab the choir's microphone and sing with grace and beauty. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm doing LYWID and my boy is doing Stardust (so far!!:naughty:)

Good Luck to you for round two....with your lucky video!

Rose, have you done yours yet?

Sure have, Lonely Alcoholic:thumb_yello:

Yeaaahhh!!

Ours are done and sent too.....oh let TM break with all traditions and let us know soon!!!!! :naughty:

Public or unlisted?

Don't expect prompt from TM. We heard the day before we flew.

I imagine there will be a huge number for the UK dates. They let 10 of us do it in Munich even on a tiny stage, but there must be a limit, even if it's just the costumes.