MIKA @ Manchester Ritz (UK) 14 December 2012

dcdeb

I'll be arriving at the hotel today. Then get into the city to go shopping (as in, Primark, here I come - I need another 6 years of clothing from you. Because yes, that's how long it's been.)

Anyway, my internet session at the airport is ending, so... CU all tomorrow ;-)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! So excited! Can't sleep! And I have a biology mock exam tomorrow too. I have tinsel (a tiny bit) and will bring my iPod to take pictures. Anything else needed? Never been to a mika concert before! Am I likely to be able to get him to sign something for me?

OMG! So excited! Can't sleep! And I have a biology mock exam tomorrow too. I have tinsel (a tiny bit) and will bring my iPod to take pictures. Anything else needed? Never been to a mika concert before! Am I likely to be able to get him to sign something for me?

First gig. :yay:

Have an amazing time everyone.

It all depends on how he's feeling -- he usually comes out to greet fans after the show, and he'll usually sign things. But given that he's not been well and is trying to rest up a bit... I'm not sure. I guess we'll see how it goes tonight after the London show. If he does come out, you may have to wait an hour or longer after the show ends... hope you can manage that. It's worth it. :wub2:

Regardless, you're going to have a fabulous time! Enjoy! :thumb_yello:

Have fun!

First gigs are always magical :wub2:

I'm up waiting for an announcement that tonight is cancelled. Not quite how I'd expected to feel today!

I wanted to be buzzing with excitement that we've gotten into the choir and all set to get to the venue.

Now I'm just apprehensive.:blink:

Mellody said he was really quiet and seemed in a 'bad mood' last night which doesn't fill me with hope for tonight.

Although I'd be really sad not to see him tonight I really think it'd be for the best all round if he cancelled and re-scheduled early next year.

I'm up waiting for an announcement that tonight is cancelled. Not quite how I'd expected to feel today!

I wanted to be buzzing with excitement that we've gotten into the choir and all set to get to the venue.

Now I'm just apprehensive.:blink:

Mellody said he was really quiet and seemed in a 'bad mood' last night which doesn't fill me with hope for tonight.

Although I'd be really sad not to see him tonight I really think it'd be for the best all round if he cancelled and re-scheduled early next year.

I wouldn't worry about it, I thought he was in a good mood actually, smiling a lot and stuff. His throat is still sore but he was full of energy last night, even if he had to be. But don't worry, I'm sure he's not cancelling tonight's show. :)

Btw did you get into the choir? I haven't recieved a no or yes yet at all.

I wouldn't worry about it, I thought he was in a good mood actually, smiling a lot and stuff. His throat is still sore but he was full of energy last night, even if he had to be. But don't worry, I'm sure he's not cancelling tonight's show. :)

Btw did you get into the choir? I haven't recieved a no or yes yet at all.

That's great to hear Lara.

No, not heard either way, wish they'd hurry up!! I don't know what to do with myself!! :naughty:

That's great to hear Lara.

No, not heard either way, wish they'd hurry up!! I don't know what to do with myself!! :naughty:

Me too! Some fans said that they might let us know this morning, fingers crossed for you that you get in :)

And yeah, it's going to be an awesome gig!

I'm quite sad after reading all of the reviews on londons show, hopefully he will be just as amazing.

I'm going to line up at around 3pm, hopefully it's enough time for me to get a good place in the audience.

Hope it's a great show, first time seeing him.

got an email that i'm in the choir! :-) going offline again now,too expensive... see you all there,and hopefully some more of you will be in the choir?

Yay congrats! Hoping for the same but haven't heard anything yet :-(

got an email that i'm in the choir! :-) going offline again now,too expensive... see you all there,and hopefully some more of you will be in the choir?

Congrats Mellody!!

Me and my Toyboy are in too!!!

The stress is melting away....the excitement is starting to build!!!

See you later!!!!!!!

Congrats Mellody!!

See you later!!!!!!!

Congrats. :yay:

I'm quite sad after reading all of the reviews on londons show, hopefully he will be just as amazing.

I'm going to line up at around 3pm, hopefully it's enough time for me to get a good place in the audience.

You'll have a wonderful time, don't worry! :thumb_yello:

Congrats Mellody!!

See you later!!!!!!!

Congrats to both of you! Looking forward to seeing you on stage and hearing your choir stories! But by the time you get back to report, I may be on my way to Iceland! :excite:

Honest to God, he wasn't that bad in London! The thing is, we know he's not well at present, but he did far better last night than many singers on top form could do. The crowd loved him. I could tell who, and where, the MFCers were because they all had their candles at the front, but they were well outnumbered by the rest of the crowd, who were waving their arms and clapping and cheering.

Under the circumstances he did wonderfully well. For the sake of his voice he probably should have cancelled, but he didn't. He went on and did a great show.

I personally enjoyed the French songs, but understand what people have said about performing just in English. But foreign songs have done well in England before, and it was only the two French songs he did. I love hearing him sing in French actually. So I didn't mind a bit.

Looking forward to tonight. See you all there.