MIKA @ Manchester Ritz (UK) 14 December 2012

dcdeb

Hey you lovely lovely people of Manchester -and all the other Mika fans who are going to the gig!

Whoa I haven't been her for ages.

I am from Croatia but I'm moving to Manchester next week and I need to go see Mika, it's been 2 years and I just remembered the best time I've had on his gigs and thought I MUST go see him again!

The only problem is getting the ticket. I have the money, but I can't order it cause:

1. I can't ship it to Croatia- I won't be here to get it

2. I can't ship it to Manchester cause Ticketmaster doesn't allow different billing address (my billing is in Croatia but shipping in the UK and they won't let it! those bastards!)

3. There is no option of picking it up at the venue

4. Even if there was an option of picking it up there, Ritz opens their box office after the doors open- and I want to queue!

What do you guys think, should I want another 10 days and risk the tickets being sold out?

I'll most probably be going by myself - anyone else going alone?

Oh and is he still picking up big girls and lollipop girls to be on stage with him? I am out of the Mika cycle :(

xxx

If you are arriving next week, I suggest going to the venue and buying the ticket there, as then you have it, and you avoid paying booking & postage fees too:wink2:

I don't think the tickets will sell out to be honest, they haven't yet, so I think you should be okay. And you can go to the box office any day to buy them.

This time around, it's not BGs and LGs on stage,but the Polka Dot Choir, which you can audition for clsoer to the gig, they haven't announced the audition dates yet, so I think you have time:thumb_yello:

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thanks so much!

I've heard about the choir but I don't know too much- do you know any details? And where are they going to announce it? I will definitely audition! Anyone else going?

My pleasure:thumb_yello:

They usually announce the auditions about 1-2 weeks before the gigs, so we have a few weeks yet before they say, keep an eye on his FB page.

For the Euro dates, they have had a fair response, sometimes building up numbers from the queue on the day, if they need more.

They usually announce the auditions about 1-2 weeks before the gigs, so we have a few weeks yet before they say, keep an eye on his FB page.

For the Euro dates, they have had a fair response, sometimes building up numbers from the queue on the day, if they need more.

Great, do you know anyone who went to the audition and said how it went?

Great, do you know anyone who went to the audition and said how it went?

You don't go anywhere ... you send a video of you singing ... to the address that they give you via FB ... you need to upload it to YT ... they watch them all or someone does and choose those for each gig ... you can only apply once I think though and only for one city ... I want to apply ... already done my video but not sure whether to apply for London or Glasgow :dunno:

I just saw that on fb! Thanks! Ah man I don't want to post myself on youtube haha! I guess I'll have to try!

Hmmm London will probably have more people applying. I don't know what your singing abilities are like :)

Not bad I guess ... I've shown some people it ... I don't think I sound too bad ... well I actually think I sound ok :fisch: I will probably try for London as Glasgow is going to be a tiny gig and I really want to see that one ... and I've seen him at the Roundhouse in 2009 ... so yep ... I think I'll try London ... either way I'll be happy ... either way I'll watch a fantastic show or be part of it :teehee:

Not bad I guess ... I've shown some people it ... I don't think I sound too bad ... well I actually think I sound ok :fisch: I will probably try for London as Glasgow is going to be a tiny gig and I really want to see that one ... and I've seen him at the Roundhouse in 2009 ... so yep ... I think I'll try London ... either way I'll be happy ... either way I'll watch a fantastic show or be part of it :teehee:

Yes! Good luck! :)

Ive decided not to do it. For various reasons. One is that I'm going to two gigs, one after another, so it might be too much to also do the choir.

I also, always have to have someone with me (for various reasons, all connected with my health, also my facial recognition and concentration problems) and I'm not sure they'd let Alan backstage to hang around. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to him to do that, and then for him to have to watch the concert on his own. I wouldn't do that to him.

So me and Alan will watch from the balcony, and it will be a great night! Good luck to all who audition for the PDC

Ive decided not to do it. For various reasons. One is that I'm going to two gigs, one after another, so it might be too much to also do the choir.

I also, always have to have someone with me (for various reasons, all connected with my health, also my facial recognition and concentration problems) and I'm not sure they'd let Alan backstage to hang around. Plus, it wouldn't be fair to him to do that, and then for him to have to watch the concert on his own. I wouldn't do that to him.

So me and Alan will watch from the balcony, and it will be a great night! Good luck to all who audition for the PDC

Alan could audition too, if he wants. I know Ruths hubby Rob was in the choir in Munich with her, and they are always happy for more men to audition.

Also I think you only have to be there about 4ish, and there is a lot of waiting around backstage, so a more chilled atmosphere:thumb_yello:

Edited by RAK1

Alan could audition too, if he wants. I know Ruths hubby Rob was in the choir in Munich with her, and they are always happy for more men to audition.

Also I think you only have to be there about 4ish, and there is a lot of waiting around backstage, so a more chilled atmosphere:thumb_yello:

Its not Alan's scene though. I know he'd hate it, and although he's heard the songs, he doesn't really know them well, and can't sing unfortunately.

But its fine. I'm going to two gigs in two days, so I'll be on cloud nine anyway. It will be nice to have chance to talk with other fans and enjoy watching the show.

actually i just wanted to go to london, but flights to manchester were so much cheaper that i can do two gigs for the price of one, lol! :naughty: so yeah, i'll be there. :biggrin2:

anyone else staying at the youth hostel? i've been there before, long time ago but i remember it as a lovely place. and seems it's only a 15 minute walk from the venue. :thumb_yello:

actually i just wanted to go to london, but flights to manchester were so much cheaper that i can do two gigs for the price of one, lol! :naughty: so yeah, i'll be there. :biggrin2:

anyone else staying at the youth hostel? i've been there before, long time ago but i remember it as a lovely place. and seems it's only a 15 minute walk from the venue. :thumb_yello:

I'm looking for a place to stay on the night after the gig,I'm coming alone.What night are you booked for this hostel? Is it cheap? And what's the way you,people,will use to travel from London to Manchester? Because I just saw there's buses much cheaper than trains.

I'm looking for a place to stay on the night after the gig,I'm coming alone.What night are you booked for this hostel? Is it cheap? And what's the way you,people,will use to travel from London to Manchester? Because I just saw there's buses much cheaper than trains.

yes buses (nationalexpress) are much cheaper, but they take 5 hours and trains take 2 hours, that's the reason why i'm still thinking about what to do. guess/hope there won't be early queueing in manchester, but then some people mentioned that there might be snow mid-december and that england can't cope with snow so all the streets might be blocked if that happens, and THAT would be bad. so well, i don't know yet. :aah: i know the others are taking the train.

about the hostel, it's the YHA manchester and it's 16 euro per night in a 4-bed female dormitory. i haven't booked yet, as i haven't decided for sure whether to sleep or just go to the airport during the night... but if i book, then for the night after the gig (14.-15.)

yes buses (nationalexpress) are much cheaper, but they take 5 hours and trains take 2 hours, that's the reason why i'm still thinking about what to do. guess/hope there won't be early queueing in manchester, but then some people mentioned that there might be snow mid-december and that england can't cope with snow so all the streets might be blocked if that happens, and THAT would be bad. so well, i don't know yet. :aah: i know the others are taking the train.

about the hostel, it's the YHA manchester and it's 16 euro per night in a 4-bed female dormitory. i haven't booked yet, as i haven't decided for sure whether to sleep or just go to the airport during the night... but if i book, then for the night after the gig (14.-15.)

Thanks,so train it is then! :thumb_yello: And the price for a bed it is reasonable at that hostel indeed.I think I'm gonna book for that night,I'll be too shattered after 2 gigs in 2 days :aah:

Thanks,so train it is then! :thumb_yello: And the price for a bed it is reasonable at that hostel indeed.I think I'm gonna book for that night,I'll be too shattered after 2 gigs in 2 days :aah:

I would book the train now while it's cheap. The fares will go up shortly as the time gets closer :thumb_yello: trainline.com, is the best site.

I would book the train now while it's cheap. The fares will go up shortly as the time gets closer :thumb_yello: trainline.com, is the best site.

Thank you! It's London Euston or London Kings Cross? Man,I'm lost :doh: