Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

Maybe because the whole purpose of these gigs is to give to chance to more people seeing him? Not everyone can travel long distance for shows... and given that, I will never complain about artists who are willing to do shows in remote areas:thumb_yello:

The purpose of these festivals is to bring tourists and money into these remote areas. Mika goes because they are paying him. I don't begrudge him any of that of course but as a fan it's of little interest to me. I don't want to fly to another continent, stand around all day and night suffering in the extreme heat or cold or rain, being attacked by mosquitos, not having decent toilets or food or seating, just to hear Big Girl and Billy Brownfor the 35th time. You know? :dunno:

ok, i agree with that, i probably wouldn't travel to another continent for a festival either. :rolls_eyes: only a 1-hour-flight away is something different though. :teehee: but i guess that he'll do some gigs on the american continent as well this year, so i hope you'll get the chance to see him there. :thumb_yello:

Time is running short for that. He's not going to tour here after the European festivals, he's going to move on once all that's done. So if they don't announce an NA tour in the next couple of weeks I don't see it happening. If he comes here for a festival or two it's really not much better than having them in Europe. Even an hour's flight costs several hundred dollars, hotels in remote towns are a couple of hundred dollars when there is an event on, we do not have trains so you have to rent a car, etc. I don't mind spending that on a gig, but not on one of these torture sessions.

I can't tell how sarcastic you're being. Do you think there'll be a No4? He basically dumped touring TBWKNM to get going on TOOL. Surely the record company won't let him get away with that again- even the French sales weren't that good

He toured everywhere for over a year with TBWKTM. I'm not sure what you mean? :blink:

In any case why would the record company want someone to continue touring an album that wasn't selling well? If your west end play is having a terrible run do you keep it open and keep bleeding money or do you close your doors and work on another production that will hopefully be a hit?

Anyway I have no idea what Mika is going to do. All I know is I can't get excited anymore in hearing about these festivals year after year after year with the proper tour schedules being so far apart and the runs getting shorter and shorter. TBWKTM started with an acoustic tour, built up to 1955, which built up to the UK tour which built up to the full blown arena shows. It was exciting to watch it all even from far away (I didn't make it to the arena shows but I still watched the videos, etc.).

But these festivals are all just random. Both physically (you can't "tour" with him in a region because he just goes wherever he's asked which could be France one day and Turkey the next) and thematically.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I have no idea what Mika is going to do. All I know is I can't get excited anymore in hearing about these festivals year after year after year with the proper tour schedules being so far apart and the runs getting shorter and shorter. TBWKTM started with an acoustic tour, built up to 1955, which built up to the UK tour which built up to the full blown arena shows. It was exciting to watch it all even from far away (I didn't make it to the arena shows but I still watched the videos, etc.).

But these festivals are all just random. Both physically (you can't "tour" with him in a region because he just goes wherever he's asked which could be France one day and Turkey the next) and thematically.

I guess there might be some problem with arranging proper tour of NA,SA, and Asia... according to his words he really planned those tours, but we're not getting any dates till the end of this month. That means, slight possiblity to have these tours before this summer. I started to worry about this situation... Just one or two random festivals are added a month , and I guess it's quite minor festivals... I can't imagine this kind of festivals could be prior to proper tour of NA, SA and Asia... something is going wrong... :sad:

I guess there might be some problem with arranging proper tour of NA,SA, and Asia... according to his words he really planned those tours, but we're not getting any dates till the end of this month. That means, slight possiblity to have these tours before this summer. I started to worry about this situation... Just one or two random festivals are added a month , and I guess it's quite minor festivals... I can't imagine this kind of festivals could be prior to proper tour of NA, SA and Asia... something is going wrong... :sad:

Oh well we'll see. They always announce NA tours at the last possible minute so there are still a couple of weeks before it's too late for March. :naughty:

He toured everywhere for over a year with TBWKTM. I'm not sure what you mean? :blink:

In any case why would the record company want someone to continue touring an album that wasn't selling well? If your west end play is having a terrible run do you keep it open and keep bleeding money or do you close your doors and work on another production that will hopefully be a hit?

The question was do you think there'll be a fourth album, I made no suggestion that he should keep touring this one. To continue the theatre analogy- you close your doors and work on another production... with a different director. I'd be surprised if there's a fourth, unless France saves us all

The question was do you think there'll be a fourth album, I made no suggestion that he should keep touring this one. To continue the theatre analogy- you close your doors and work on another production... with a different director. I'd be surprised if there's a fourth, unless France saves us all

I would say that asking if I think the record company will let him get away with ending his tour to start another record is exactly a suggestion that the record company would want him to continue touring. :dunno:

In any case I have no idea what the record labels will do, especially since I don't know what his existing agreement is with them. We'll probably never know because whatever happens in future years Mika is going to spin it as his own choice.

I would say that asking if I think the record company will let him get away with ending his tour to start another record is exactly a suggestion that the record company would want him to continue touring. :dunno:

In any case I have no idea what the record labels will do, especially since I don't knowwhat his existing agreement is with them. We'll probably never know because whatever happens in future years Mika is going to spin it as his own choice.

Or an accident of fate

:lmfao:

Here, let me help him:

mikamap_zps76519066.jpg

Hmmm... something seems to be slightly off-balance there...

:lmfao:

I like how you said slightly...

I guess there might be some problem with arranging proper tour of NA,SA, and Asia... according to his words he really planned those tours, but we're not getting any dates till the end of this month.

But can you really trust what he says?

He might like to tour these places but whether he can or not is a totally different matter. He's said a few times that he'd like to tour Australia, but of course we've only gotten two promo shows.

Of course, I could just be a bitter, cynical Aussie :naughty:

Oh well we'll see. They always announce NA tours at the last possible minute so there are still a couple of weeks before it's too late for March. :naughty:

Same thing happened with Oz in the past.

It'd be nice to have another show, but I honestly don't see it happening with Australia or anywhere else other than Europe.

Again, I could just be a bitter, cynical Aussie :naughty:

As I said, the record company will just offer him less money for a contract and it's up to him if he stays or leaves.

like christine said, we don't know what kind of contract he has with them. maybe he has a contract for 5 albums and won't get out of the contract sooner than that (unless he pays them a lot of money). and they might be able to make his life quite hard if he's stuck to them, since they won't support him more than it's necessary. in any case, i'm speculating here, but just saying that it might not be up to him (yet) whether he wants to stay or leave.

like christine said, we don't know what kind of contract he has with them. maybe he has a contract for 5 albums and won't get out of the contract sooner than that (unless he pays them a lot of money). and they might be able to make his life quite hard if he's stuck to them, since they won't support him more than it's necessary. in any case, i'm speculating here, but just saying that it might not be up to him (yet) whether he wants to stay or leave.

Records deals are way too complicate. As you say he might have a long term contract which is keeping him stuck. And maybe it´s true that he had total freedom to do what he wanted, to choose the songs he wanted and even the people he wanted to work with...but yes, if sales are not good, the label could tell him "ok, guy, we trusted you and you have failed twice, so next time you´ll do exactly what we tell you". So we might be "slightly" surprised by the next album.

By the way... do we know how many millions of albums has he sold yet?

Records deals are way too complicate. As you say he might have a long term contract which is keeping him stuck. And maybe it´s true that he had total freedom to do what he wanted, to choose the songs he wanted and even the people he wanted to work with...but yes, if sales are not good, the label could tell him "ok, guy, we trusted you and you have failed twice, so next time you´ll do exactly what we tell you". So we might be "slightly" surprised by the next album.

By the way... do we know how many millions of albums has he sold yet?

I am not sure that it is plural yet. :mf_rosetinted:

*sigh*

I was so hoping that he was going to announce his South American tour this week. My husband just told me he probably has to go to Argentina and Peru on business in March, and I was thinking how wonderful it would be if I tagged along with him and a Mika concert or two coincided with the trip! :teehee:

Fantastic! :mf_rosetinted:

Still no date yet for the gig in Rouen?

Well I guess it won't be 15th! :wink2:

*sigh*

I was so hoping that he was going to announce his South American tour this week. My husband just told me he probably has to go to Argentina and Peru on business in March, and I was thinking how wonderful it would be if I tagged along with him and a Mika concert or two coincided with the trip! :teehee:

I think we will all be living on our dreams this year.:mf_rosetinted:

*sigh*

Oh that would be cool.

I am still waiting for my secret Fijian gig. If you're going to dream you may as well dream big. :pinkbow:

I'm dreaming of a backyard gig. In my backyard. In the Summer. :mf_rosetinted:

Can we all come? I haven't seen you since you crawled out of the bottom of my bed in the middle of the night in December. :mf_rosetinted:

I really like your avvie Ingie ... :wub2:

If we're dream gig dreaming ... Clacton ... Summer ... it will be hot ... no rain ... I will be the hostest with the mostest and I will welcome you all lol :wink2:

Oh that would be cool.

I am still waiting for my secret Fijian gig. If you're going to dream you may as well dream big. :pinkbow:

I'm hoping for a poolside gig. I think I stand a good chance of getting it as my pool is in France. :mf_rosetinted: