Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At he Roundhouse gig, he seemed a bit grumpy to me most of the way through, til near the end. Not the happy guy he usually is at his home gigs.

Why was he grumpy to you? Do not forget he got a load of sh*t for cancelling the Glasgow gig. He was not as chatty as usual but can't recall him being grumpy.

Why was he grumpy to you? Do not forget he got a load of sh*t for cancelling the Glasgow gig. He was not as chatty as usual but can't recall him being grumpy.

I didn't think he was grumpy at all at the London gig. :dunno:

When he was talking about picking up money, and commenting on the thing that got thrown on stage, normally he would say it was rubbish in a jokey way, but he sounded really grumpy when he said it that time, and he wasn't laughing or smiling either.

At he Roundhouse gig, he seemed a bit grumpy to me most of the way through, til near the end. Not the happy guy he usually is at his home gigs.

I never thought he was grumpy at this gig. He was very nervous at the beginning but later he was fine :wink2:

When he was talking about picking up money, and commenting on the thing that got thrown on stage, normally he would say it was rubbish in a jokey way, but he sounded really grumpy when he said it that time, and he wasn't laughing or smiling either.

I didn't get that. I thought he was pretending to be serious. I think he thought he was funny...

I didn't get that. I thought he was pretending to be serious. I think he thought he was funny...

To be honest, I didn't think he was too chipper at all, til he got to the latter part of the gig.

I doubt he ws serious about that. It's not how I experienced it.

I thought we already had a 50 page discussion about this gig and determined after watching the videos that he didn't give any indication of being in a bad mood. :naughty:

I understand wishful thinking but I am always amazed when people see bad things that aren't there. Especially this NRJ comment that, even in very dodgy English, gave no indication of anything other than the fact that he is going to be doing festivals and not a tour. As we already knew.

Although I do want to say that this confirmation does not make me happy or relieved! We waited through years of drought for a new album and he's gone back into "off" mode in a matter of weeks. It sucks!! :sneaky2:

I thought we already had a 50 page discussion about this gig and determined after watching the videos that he didn't give any indication of being in a bad mood. :naughty:

I understand wishful thinking but I am always amazed when people see bad things that aren't there. Especially this NRJ comment that, even in very dodgy English, gave no indication of anything other than the fact that he is going to be doing festivals and not a tour. As we already knew.

Although I do want to say that this confirmation does not make me happy or relieved! We waited through years of drought for a new album and he's gone back into "off" mode in a matter of weeks. It sucks!! :sneaky2:

The only thing that got me 'worried' was the facebook message. Team Mika must have freaked out bigtime that they posted this the same day those rumours started. Then again, I don't check this stuff at work, so the first thing I saw of this rumour was that it wasn't true :naughty:

I never thought he was going to quit, bt I did fear this. I do hope he knows what he is doing.

You're not the only one disappointed ... I'm not cheering at this announcement ... you know ... when someone releases a new album ... you think they're going to tour it ... you'll hear the new songs ... I haven't heard much at all ... I only saw two gigs ... probably 100 per cent sure I won't be seeing him this year .... I can't afford anything abroad ... I wish I could see him ... but I don't do festivals here let alone somewhere else ... whatever ... :dunno:

Yes, I can't understand how anyone interprets "taking a break" or "taking a step back" as "I'm never going to perform again, my music career is over." :blink:

We suspected that he wasn't going to do any more touring for this album, he hinted at it several times, so this isn't a surprise. It's just disappointing. :sad:

I never thought he was going to quit, bt I did fear this. I do hope he knows what he is doing.

Takng another 3 years to make an album with just some francophone region festivals, some private projects that are unrelated to his music and one or two tweets a month is not much different from my perspective. Obviously it's very different from his perspective but if you're sitting in Canada twiddling your thumbs year after year practically speaking it's the same thing.

It would be great if he was actually working on releasing some new music but I'll believe that when I hear it. :naughty:

Yes, I can't understand how anyone interprets "taking a break" or "taking a step back" as "I'm never going to perform again, my music career is over." :blink:

We suspected that he wasn't going to do any more touring for this album, he hinted at it several times, so this isn't a surprise. It's just disappointing. :sad:

For me "taking a step back" doesn't sound like working with a new album but more like making music for others, doing different smaller project etc. And that can mean he won't tour for several years?

Takng another 3 years to make an album with just some francophone region festivals, some private projects that are unrelated to his music and one or two tweets a month is not much different from my perspective. Obviously it's very different from his perspective but if you're sitting in Canada twiddling your thumbs year after year practically speaking it's the same thing.

It would be great if he was actually working on releasing some new music but I'll believe that when I hear it. :naughty:

Fair enough. Thing is, he can't do a proper big tour if there is no tour promoter backing him. I do hope he will go and write new music because boyfriend needs to step up his game.

Yes. That sums it up for me. It's quite simple in my opinion. From the album being released until almost the end of 2012 Mika was saying that he would be touring all over the place in 2013. Unfortunately for a variety of reasons, the album has not (as yet) sold well, or had mush exposure at all, so he has had to reassess his plans.

And for us it is very very disappointing.

And I totally agree that I can not understand for one second how that post today could have been so badly misinturpruted.:shocked:

:lmao::lmao:

sooo typical!!!

just today i was saying well the silver cloud of no more gigs is that i can go ahead and make my regular travel plans without having to think about dropping everything at the last moment.....TAH DAH!

:lmao::lmao:

sooo typical!!!

just today i was saying well the silver cloud of no more gigs is that i can go ahead and make my regular travel plans without having to think about dropping everything at the last moment.....TAH DAH!

Last minute? This is 2 months notice. Must be a record.