Newbie from USA East Coast

PemberlyPenmanship

Hi, I'm new! Hopefully I am posting in a relevant area, if not precisely the right place.

My "Mika story" isn't particularly exciting, perhaps. I first hear Big Girl around 2007 during my first stages of seriously trying to tackle my weight issues. (That song has a special meaning for me now.) At the time, I thought it was catchy enough, but I just wasn't old enough to appreciate this man and his total uniqueness; I was young, and US radio hadn't touched this guy. I looked him up and just hadn't seen anyone like him, so I didn't know what to make of him and forgot about him. (And this was before I knew anything about Queen or pretty music classic rock in general, etc..) :lg:

A few months ago I managed to find his name again and then went on a YouTube spree. Fell IN LOVE within three days, spent the next weeks staying up till all hours listening to his music and listening to interviews: the Mika fever you guys know. I appreciate him so much as a person and artist that I'm okay with saying he's the only singer I'm obsessed with. He's not all I listen to, of course, but he's now a part of my everyday need and I just love him. :wub2:

Thanks for listening! I'm totally desperate to see him on his US tour, he hasn't been to my city since 2009! :pray:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your welcome wishes! They make me so happy! <3

And I'm excited that some of you are also from my region. :bye:

Can't wait to get more familiar with the site.

@silver You might have, I posted in another thread when I first joined and I don't think it was a the right one. >.> Lol!

@kath Luckily I did! It was the best Valentine's gift I could have ever asked for, I couldn't even believe it.

Oh my goodness, tell me about it. I wish there was someone to listen to/sing to it with, but alas, there is no one. Hahaa, but my friend and I sing it to each other all the time, what a wonderful sonngggggg... :)

Haha, well at least someone had a similar experience. You're right, though, it is wonderful. And the short film that goes with as a video was a refreshing choice, I think.

Hi, I'm new! Hopefully I am posting in a relevant area, if not precisely the right place.

My "Mika story" isn't particularly exciting, perhaps. I first hear Big Girl around 2007 during my first stages of seriously trying to tackle my weight issues. (That song has a special meaning for me now.) At the time, I thought it was catchy enough, but I just wasn't old enough to appreciate this man and his total uniqueness; I was young, and US radio hadn't touched this guy. I looked him up and just hadn't seen anyone like him, so I didn't know what to make of him and forgot about him. (And this was before I knew anything about Queen or pretty music classic rock in general, etc..) :lg:

A few months ago I managed to find his name again and then went on a YouTube spree. Fell IN LOVE within three days, spent the next weeks staying up till all hours listening to his music and listening to interviews: the Mika fever you guys know. I appreciate him so much as a person and artist that I'm okay with saying he's the only singer I'm obsessed with. He's not all I listen to, of course, but he's now a part of my everyday need and I just love him. :wub2:

Thanks for listening! I'm totally desperate to see him on his US tour, he hasn't been to my city since 2009! :pray:

He's the only singer I've ever been obsessed with, and I'm 58, so I've known 'em all. Mika is the only one I've been a real fan of, even though I liked others.

always good to see him getting fans in the USA, even though the radio stations there haven't played him. thank goodness for the internet.

Welcome to the MFC.

He's the only singer I've ever been obsessed with, and I'm 58, so I've known 'em all. Mika is the only one I've been a real fan of, even though I liked others.

always good to see him getting fans in the USA, even though the radio stations there haven't played him. thank goodness for the internet.

Welcome to the MFC.

:thumb_yello: The best proof that MIKA is a very special man !:wub2:

It' just the same for me, I don't "care about" any others than our golden boy! :wub2:

But during 30 years I was a very big fan of Tina Turner. As far as I know, also MIKA likes her :thumb_yello:

Love,love

me

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there, I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a related matter, your site got here up, it looks good. thanks all

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2: