XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

Yes when I was 6 or 7 my 32 year old aunt died and an 11 year old cousin. We were close to both families and I would regularly spend whole weekends with my aunt. I had two great grandmothers when I was born so they were both gone by the time I was 12.

Anyway yes I hope he doesn't lose his parents for a very long time. Was sad to read him talk about his mom but at least he does not take for granted that she will always be here so he can appreciate the time they have left.

I think he was thinking about losing close people already when he was very young, he sings it in SITM but thinking about a situation and experience it are quite different.

I really love this article. I love when Mika writes things sincerely. He pretends he`s not sincere, but I feel it`s true - this writing is close to what he really feels.

When I was 30 I felt like I`m on the edge of time - a half of my life is still ahead, but what good did I do ? I was thinking of the past more than of the future. What I like about Mika`s article - is the idea of thinking of the future. His children, his achievements, his parents, musiс.... Look forward, don`t look back.

Edited by Julia Welcomes

Do you know how lucky he is with never having lost a dear person until now? I lost my grandparents with six years and my godfather at age of ten and later nearly all my uncles and aunts. I hope he won´t have to experience that for a long time.

He is lucky in that respect, I was too young when my dads parents passed away (my mums had years before). It was my sisters baby who was my first bereavement which was a pretty bad time for the whole family, that was when I was 11. Losing someone isn't great at any age, it's never less painful.

There is no problem on Twitter or FB at the moment that I am aware of but there wouldn't be since everyone has been harassed into not voicing their opinions in public.

The insistence that we all must "trust Mika" makes no sense to me. As if Mika is solely motivated to do what is in his fans' best interests and it is ungrateful to believe otherwise. Mika has his interests and I have mine. When he is working on music those interests overlap. When he is spending a year of his life on a TV show I don't even want to watch then those interests don't overlap. No amount of trust in Mika or demonstrating support for him is going to change that.

Anyway it's all a moot point now. I will just spend my time listening to new music from others and he can let us know when he's doing something in keeping with his music career. I have mustered up all the enthusiasm I can for Mika's side projects and since they are now dominating his career I will be going to the gigs of other artists, etc. unless and until he comes back.

Same here, really...I have been feeling that way for a good while now :dunno: He seems consumed by all these unrelated (to music and his shows) side projects, and there have been no UK gigs since last december, so I personally feel completely uninterested and disconnected from what he's doing.

I will never agree with him doing the X factor type shows because to me it just symbolises how he's going back on his word and what he identified himself to be, so I can't really accept that and think that it's great. If he had not made such a huge point of his whole "anti X factor" thing and based his whole concept on that, it would be a different matter, but the fact is that he sort of defined himself as the anti X factor artist and now look where we are...I think it's sad.

Anyway, I came here randomly but thought that the discussion was interesting so I figured I'd add my two cents :teehee:

Yes MFC is a place where we are allowed to think our own thoughts and don´t have to say " Mika we love you " all the time ( we do often enough :wink2: ) and we all know that a discussion doesn´t mean bullying each other. I love to read different opinions :teehee:. It would be very boring even for Mika if we all would think and say the same!

Exactly! :naughty:

Same here, really...I have been feeling that way for a good while now :dunno: He seems consumed by all these unrelated (to music and his shows) side projects, and there have been no UK gigs since last december, so I personally feel completely uninterested and disconnected from what he's doing.

I will never agree with him doing the X factor type shows because to me it just symbolises how he's going back on his word and what he identified himself to be, so I can't really accept that and think that it's great. If he had not made such a huge point of his whole "anti X factor" thing and based his whole concept on that, it would be a different matter, but the fact is that he sort of defined himself as the anti X factor artist and now look where we are...I think it's sad.

Anyway, I came here randomly but thought that the discussion was interesting so I figured I'd add my two cents :teehee:

Exactly! :naughty:

On another note (I nearly forgot!) I did really enjoy his latest column. I found it interesting and witty, and just nice to read.

• 2 weeks later...
I really love this article. I love when Mika writes things sincerely. He pretends he`s not sincere, but I feel it`s true - this writing is close to what he really feels.

When I was 30 I felt like I`m on the edge of time - a half of my life is still ahead, but what good did I do ? I was thinking of the past more than of the future. What I like about Mika`s article - is the idea of thinking of the future. His children, his achievements, his parents, musiс.... Look forward, don`t look back.

and don't look bald :mf_rosetinted:

I totally love this article as well :wub2: and I did the same, writing to myself as a child to tell myself how I should behave as a mum :naughty: I lost the copybook but I remembered what was in it to this day :blush-anim-cl:

• 2 weeks later...
Gianni Santoro ‏@GianniSantor0 2m

New column on @LaRepubblicaXL: @mikasounds goes on holiday with "26 people, 8 cars, 48 suitcases, 1 dog". Deserves to be turned into a film!

:doh:

:lmfao: Yep,a real tragicomedy! :naughty:

Gianni Santoro ‏@GianniSantor0 2m

New column on @LaRepubblicaXL: @mikasounds goes on holiday with "26 people, 8 cars, 48 suitcases, 1 dog". Deserves to be turned into a film!

:doh:

:naughty: And this was supposed to be a holiday ?! :aah:

Might be a good film manus - Yes please, thank you very much!! :teehee:

Love,love

me