XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

Ahem. So, back on topic -- I have to say that if I had ANY group of 20+ people traveling with me I'd probably end up hurting someone after a few days! And ESPECIALLY if it was my family. (I might even do myself in!) That is just way too much togetherness. I couldn't take it. That would NOT be a holiday for me! :blink:

Yes honestly just reading about this trip made my blood pressure rise. I am certain that after about 12 hours of this circus I would jump in a car and take off on my own. I could do a resort type thing with lots of family all hanging out in one place. But dragging everyone around Europe would completely do my head in. I mean you'd probably spend 4 hours a day just standing around waiting for everyone to finish toilet breaks. It sounds completely stressful and frustrating. :aah:

Yep, I remember February 2008, in NYC, and we were FREEZING. John came out and saw that, then sent some girls to Dunkin' Donuts for hot chocolate and donuts for us! So sweet. Then a bit later Mika came out to chat for a while, despite the cold temperatures. Those were the days. :blush-anim-cl:

Ahem. So, back on topic -- I have to say that if I had ANY group of 20+ people traveling with me I'd probably end up hurting someone after a few days! And ESPECIALLY if it was my family. (I might even do myself in!) That is just way too much togetherness. I couldn't take it. That would NOT be a holiday for me! :blink:

I also wouldn´t be able to cope with that amount of familiy and friends around me for weeks. Maybe for two days but certainly not five or six weeks or I would need another two months of holiday for me alone.........

Yes honestly just reading about this trip made my blood pressure rise. I am certain that after about 12 hours of this circus I would jump in a car and take off on my own. I could do a resort type thing with lots of family all hanging out in one place. But dragging everyone around Europe would completely do my head in. I mean you'd probably spend 4 hours a day just standing around waiting for everyone to finish toilet breaks. It sounds completely stressful and frustrating. :aah:

I really would like to see this as a film. I think from the outside it must be funny but not when you are involved in this.

I think Mika has had that amount of family and friends around him for 30 years. :naughty:

I saw an interesting documentary the other day about the son of an anthropologist who had studied a remote Amazonian tribe. The anthropologist father took a wife and they had a couple of kids but he couldn't stay there forever and took the family back to the US. The father had learned to live in the Amazonian society where people had no privacy whatsoever. They were together 24 hours a day. The wife could not deal with the isolated life in the US and she had to go back to her village even without her children. She just could not cope without having a whole village around her all the time.

:naughty: But now I know, hehe ... :teehee:

Love,love

me

Nope, you still have no idea.

When I was searching for the ice cream tweets I saw Mika asking Nono if she was in the queue already (she was complaining about the cold) at the secret gig in LA. And he said he would send some hot chocolate out. So sweet. I really miss those days. Of course I can buy my own ice cream and hot chocolate but I really miss the days when he was so in tune and in touch. Even just having John and Andy around made you feel like he was keeping an eye on everything and looking after everyone.

Yeah I miss those days too! Too be honest I haven't really queued for a while now but it was always such a nice thing if it happened. Ah well. Maybe next tour XD

Nope, you still have no idea.

Yeah I miss those days too! Too be honest I haven't really queued for a while now but it was always such a nice thing if it happened. Ah well. Maybe next tour XD

:naughty: Well, at least I know that you have partied a lot with MIKA - the details I don't need - suppose I would only envy you even more then, hehe :teehee:

To both you, Christine, Deb - and surely more persons from that time: I DO understand that you miss these early years with MIKA!! :blush-anim-cl: It really seems that you were close to him - I love to hear about his caring for you all, and how nice and kind he was :wub2: And I'm very sure he'll never,ever forget you, and all the happy events you shared, either!! He also mentioned that, it the the Q & A video lately! :thumb_yello::wub2: So keep the faith - for more tours and happy days ahead ...:huglove:

Love,love

me

I also wouldn´t be able to cope with that amount of familiy and friends around me for weeks. Maybe for two days but certainly not five or six weeks or I would need another two months of holiday for me alone.........

I would:thumb_yello:

I feel exactly the same, I can handle my close family (hubby and the kids) around me all the time because we give a lot of space to each other (so everyone is able to do their own things) but I can't handle any other people around me. Even if I spend two days with my in laws I need several hours every day "privacy" (lol, I go to bed really early or something). I would go totally mad if I had to spend weeks with a lot of relatives :aah: I have a friend who spends weekends in my house and totally understands my feelings, we can spend time just sitting and thinking in peace and quiet, it's lovely :wub2: It's different when I travel, because even if I meet a lot of people it's always short-time and I have a lot of time to be quiet in trains and planes etc.

Thanks for both articles, Lu.:thumb_yello:

It`s not the first time Mika writes about his family "gang".

I actually think he enjoys the fact they exist in his life, whether they are near or far, even if some people joke on Mika travelling with his ma)

I also think that writing about family stories - (don`t call it reminiscing!) - reflects how he`s getting older. There are so many little but obvious signs that Mika has become more a-man-over-30 : the way he looks at young Ariana singing with him, or at XFactor contestants.... His eyes are so serious and thoughful , you can clearly catch those moments.

I have a huge family. And I do not want to take vacations with them. Just having my parents or in-laws visit England was enough of a nightmare. Even when I was a child a road trip was a torture session of epic proportions and I refuse to go on any kind of road trip today, no matter who is involved. :naughty:

When I was a kid, we did a big family holiday to Ireland there were 7 of us, and then it was like an adventure.

Now as much as I adore my sister and niece, going to Glastonbury is so difficult as we all want to do different things, but my sis wants us to do them together and when we don't like the same things, it ends up getting awkward because one or both of them get antsy and want to go off and do something else instead.

So now I just go off and do my own thing, it saves a lot of arguing.

Looking back on my trip and all the places we have gone to, I realise now that I did something that is extremely Italian. I displaced myself for the summer and brought almost a whole town with me. However the way we did it was very Lebanese. Where as other more sensible groups would have travelled in a coach with a guide, we all wanted to feel independent and free. However, we all wanted to be together all the time and we all wanted to have whatever the other had. You cannot imagine the scene we caused when we would descend upon a small gas station or invade a local coffee shop, demanding espressos, all at the same time. The dog: water; the granny: a toilet; the aunties: space; the walking sticks (three by the end of the trip): always left behind; the secret smokers: behind a bush; the secret eaters: also behind a bush; the under eaters; the over eaters. We were a moving tornado of functional anarchy. What we lost in organisation and calm we gained in joy and that was worth far more. Did I mention the best part of it all? Out of our army of 26, there was only one person who actually spoke Italian and that was me. I am Lebanese, French, American, English and after this trip I can’t help but feel like I have become a little Italian also."

:aah:i like this trip like a caravana of MIka´s family

a look very Gypsi, arabian orr more ...Ha ha ha he makes me laugh very much..i LAMAO (Laughing my ass out).

i don´t like so much this article whe write about a trip, a adventure your describe something more that typical ... the they can see talk ...tal & tal..

Edited by mer

Asking a celebrity what they think of someone taking pictures of them in their bathing suit while they are on holidays with their family is like asking someone what they think of being smashed over the head and their wallet stolen. No normal human being is not going to hate it. What more is there to say? :dunno:

I agree!

His face on the Webchat on this subject was the best comment :naughty:

I hope so too :wink2: MIKA gave us 3 wonderful albums with 3 years interval, why should it take so much longer this time?! I prefer to think that all these side projects this year will just be like fuel for his creativity - at least, till the opposite is proved, lets be positive, and hope so :teehee:

Love,love

me

I'm with you, and I was even before his last tweets, but I understand the fears of others.

I'm just convinced that his creativity needs more the "meetic" mode than the "Silence in a bunker and throwing the key away" mode.

It can't be an accident the version of Popular with an ukulele after IXF, he's just breathing new ideas with these experiences.

I'm with you, and I was even before his last tweets, but I understand the fears of others.

I'm just convinced that his creativity needs more the "meetic" mode than the "Silence in a bunker and throwing the key away" mode.

It can't be an accident the version of Popular with an ukulele after IXF, he's just breathing new ideas with these experiences.

He used ukulele several times this year before that Popular (it all could happen after he met the ukulele girl of course, not sure). But he always takes inspiration and as you said, breaths new ideas, so everything he does and sees can be useful for his music. :thumb_yello: So happy to read his tweets from the song writing camp. He sounds very inspired :wub2:

He used ukulele several times this year before that Popular (it all could happen after he met the ukulele girl of course, not sure). But he always takes inspiration and as you said, breaths new ideas, so everything he does and sees can be useful for his music. :thumb_yello: So happy to read his tweets from the song writing camp. He sounds very inspired :wub2:

but as I read some opinions on Twitter who seem to think he writes the whole album there I don´t think he will use many songs from the camp for the album. Maybe he uses one or two songs like he did with Step With Me.

I agree with you. Locking himself away for the 2nd album didn't do him any favours. He was better with #3 because he got others involved. But now I really think he's cracked it, with slotting album 4 around his other work. I actually also think he's absolutely loving his time on X Factor. He seems so happy. It will all bode well for his creativity. I'm sure there'll also be good work coming from the latest song writing camp, and maybe a colab or two.