XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

but as I read some opinions on Twitter who seem to think he writes the whole album there I don´t think he will use many songs from the camp for the album. Maybe he uses one or two songs like he did with Step With Me.

Yes, and it's possible he doesn't write anything for himself, it can be for someone else too. I still hope we will hear the result some day, and just hearing he is writing songs is a happy thing.

What does any of this have to do with X Factor? Weren't those X Factor episodes recorded months ago?

There was a thought he took inspiration from the X Factor ukulele girl, and my point (in my earlier comment) was that he has used ukulele several times this year and that there's probably not any connection between the ukulele girl and this Popular performance. But I can't remember exact times he used it at gigs, maybe it was only after they recorded X factor :dunno:

And has been mentioned several times that he can't write songs at the same time he is doing projects like X Factor and now he is at the camp and seems to be very excited about his new collaborations (maybe not for his own album, but writing songs any way, and I was glad to hear it).

There was a thought he took inspiration from the X Factor ukulele girl, and my point (in my earlier comment) was that he has used ukulele several times this year and that there's probably not any connection between the ukulele girl and this Popular performance. But I can't remember exact times he used it at gigs, maybe it was only after they recorded X factor :dunno:

And has been mentioned several times that he can't write songs at the same time he is doing projects like X Factor and now he is at the camp and seems to be very excited about his new collaborations (maybe not for his own album, but writing songs any way, and I was glad to hear it).

To be honest it really hasnt begun yet, its the next few months that will take his time away from writing, as Gary Barlow has announced he is quitting,because X Factor is a full time job and he considers himself an artist first !!

To be honest it really hasnt begun yet, its the next few months that will take his time away from writing, as Gary Barlow has announced he is quitting,because X Factor is a full time job and he considers himself an artist first !!

Well that's just it, he is not working on X Factor at the moment so it still seems incredibly unlikely to me that Mika is going to leave the TV studio every day and head to a music studio.

Cee Lo Green said something recently that sort of sums it up. He wrote about some music he has been working on and some gigs he has played - while he was on hiatus. This is the reality for musicians starring on these shows. The shows are not a break from making and performing music - the music is a break from the TV show. And Cee Lo Green is only dealing with one show, not two.

Maybe it's not the same for everyone,things could be different from a person to another.....maybe Gary Barlow couldn't learn Italian in a few months either,or his appetite and inspiration for writing music is different from Mika's :dunno:

Edited by krysady

Maybe it's not the same for everyone,things could be different from a person to another.....maybe Gary Barlow couldn't learn Italian in a few months either,or his appetite and inspiration for writing music is different from Mika's :dunno:

Yeah, there are people who loose their time when they have more, and work in a more concentrated mood when they have less time, I'm one of those, since I was at school, so you're right, it depends!

Anyway, inspiration depends on so many variables...

Very few people could learn another language in a few months. Especially when doing other things as well. I wish the UK could know all about Mika's achievements on X Factor Italy. He's done such an amazing thing. To be able to converse with the Italian contestants and judges the way he has, is nothing less than awesome.

Very few people could learn another language in a few months. Especially when doing other things as well. I wish the UK could know all about Mika's achievements on X Factor Italy. He's done such an amazing thing. To be able to converse with the Italian contestants and judges the way he has, is nothing less than awesome.

Exactly,he was touring from a country to another,from a continent to another,I'm always amazed by his endless energy.Other artists need to be under drugs for being able to do one show at every few months,(and usually lipsynching :aah: ),and yet they are megafamous :doh:

Exactly,he was touring from a country to another,from a continent to another,I'm always amazed by his endless energy.Other artists need to be under drugs for being able to do one show at every few months,(and usually lipsynching :aah: ),and yet they are megafamous :doh:

:aah: Haha - you really hit the nail :thumb_yello: But remember MIKA is one of a kind - in every way - none above, none by his side ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

Exactly! It's really not fair. I saw someone (won't say who she is in case someone on here likes her. Don't want to start any arguments) but she has absolutely no voice. She was almost dressed, but not quite dressed, and her song is Rubbish but had been #1 in the UK!

I just wish UK could hear some real music aka Mika's songs and Mika's awesome voice.

They've been listening to rubbish so long, they've forgotten what a good song and an awesome voice sounds like and it's no use asking Radio One to play his music. They just won't

That's why I want that Swatch ad on TV. They'll hear him then.

• 2 weeks later...

In this column he protest at the closure of the magazine XL and despise the other magazine that are not as special as this one. He also talks about other newspapers that have closed and that they were his favorites (Jack or Melody Maker). There are some rude comments (even about the genital organs of the models in the newspapers :aah: ) and he uses a lot of bad words!

Unfortunately I can't translate it for you because I'm not at home but if no one translated it for tomorrow, I will do it :wink2:

In this column he protest at the closure of the magazine XL and despise the other magazine that are not as special as this one. He also talks about other newspapers that have closed and that they were his favorites (Jack or Melody Maker). There are some rude comments (even about the genital organs of the models in the newspapers :aah: ) and he uses a lot of bad words!

Unfortunately I can't translate it for you because I'm not at home but if no one translated it for tomorrow, I will do it :wink2:

Doesn't sound too promising this time!! :sneaky2: Could be a real fall :doh:- after the lovely interview in Vanity Fair - Well, I'll wait patiently for a translation - thanks for telling/warning ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me