XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

we should have a word with his record label! :sneaky2:

thanks for the summary!

I totally agree, let´s call universal :sneaky2::fisch:. We bought his Swatch we also would buy a Special collection and new DVD´s......

Deb you're really amazing!!! :huglove: Even if it's your anniversary, you translated it... you're the best :wub2:

Thanks. I took some "time off" from working today to practice translating. :naughty: You're always so good about doing it, I felt I should give something back :)

I totally agree, let´s call universal :sneaky2::fisch:. We bought his Swatch we also would buy a Special collection and new DVD´s......

Universal and Island Records. I've blown them to smithereens in my head, so many times. They are useless lumps of poo who have not promoted Mika as they should, especially in the UK.

If they had advertised his album on TV, as they do with other stars they have, he might have sold more albums here. But people haven't known he even had one out. If they had got the top radio stations to play the new music, that would have helped, but they just seem to have given up on him. By now, he should be selling out the O2 in London, instead of struggling to sell out The Roundhouse.

I know his stuff in France, and now Italy, doesn't help him stay current over here, but maybe, if he had felt that the UK was still a viable market, he would have continued to release singles here, but he probably thinks the UK is a lost cause, and I can't blame him for thinking that.

But I think if the publicity was there, he could still sell records in the UK, and elsewhere.

Thanks so much Clara and Deb :huglove::flowers2:

Is this really the last one :crybaby: I hope not ...

So amazing that it deals with prostitution and it was out just the day when France just passed a bill to give fine to prostitutes clients ...which is such an hypocritical thing to do since they pay taxes :doh:

Mika sees things in a different way, he's a humanist :wub2: He cares about the man or the woman where others see only stereotypes ...

I'm so proud to be his fan :wub2:

Universal and Island Records. I've blown them to smithereens in my head, so many times. They are useless lumps of poo who have not promoted Mika as they should, especially in the UK.

If they had advertised his album on TV, as they do with other stars they have, he might have sold more albums here. But people haven't known he even had one out. If they had got the top radio stations to play the new music, that would have helped, but they just seem to have given up on him. By now, he should be selling out the O2 in London, instead of struggling to sell out The Roundhouse.

I know his stuff in France, and now Italy, doesn't help him stay current over here, but maybe, if he had felt that the UK was still a viable market, he would have continued to release singles here, but he probably thinks the UK is a lost cause, and I can't blame him for thinking that.

But I think if the publicity was there, he could still sell records in the UK, and elsewhere.

I blame it on the media as well...even in France they didn't play Celebrate that much...Elle me dit was still played a lot too and Underwater really got played on the radios a lot more once the Swatch commercial was on TV...

I always agreed with Mika that Underwater should have been the first single promoted :wub2: and I still wonder why The Origin Of Love song was not a single in France when it would have been a hit if it had been played on the radios...but it wasn't...

Sorry if I'm :offtopic:

:thumb_yello: And I really look forward, with excitement , what will be done with promoting for his next album!! :mf_rosetinted:

Love,love

me

I blame it on the media as well...even in France they didn't play Celebrate that much...Elle me dit was still played a lot too and Underwater really got played on the radios a lot more once the Swatch commercial was on TV...

I always agreed with Mika that Underwater should have been the first single promoted :wub2: and I still wonder why The Origin Of Love song was not a single in France when it would have been a hit if it had been played on the radios...but it wasn't...

Sorry if I'm :offtopic:

Well, not really off topic because he mentioned it. But I agree about the singles too. What he needs is a song of his on the adverts in the UK. Not just the tune, his voice as well. That's the only way he's going to get back in the UK, because he's never on the radio, unless it's the old songs from 2007. There's a Lilly Allen song on a Christmas ad in the UK and the ad has got the song popular again. Ironically, it's just the kind of ad that Mika would probably like to have a song on, because it's an animation about a bear who never saw Christmas, so his friend, a rabbit, gives him an alarm clock from John Lewis, to wake him up in time for Christmas. It would have been ideal for a Mika song.

His article is really good. It's a pity it's the last one.

His article is really good. It's a pity it's the last one.

Do we know that it's the last one? Did I miss that? I mean, La Repubblica XL is still going to be published, it's just going to be online starting next month, not a print publication. :blink:

Do we know that it's the last one? Did I miss that? I mean, La Repubblica XL is still going to be published, it's just going to be online starting next month, not a print publication. :blink:

Oh, I didn't realise about that. Well hopefully, it's not the last one then.

I'd certainly love him to continue.

Thank you for that. Even though the articles are translated for us, I always love the version in Mika own words. It always adds a deeper meaning.

Another famous song about a prostitute is Lady Marmalade, which has been covered by many female singers and girl-bands. People don't seem to think about what the song is about, they just love the song.

I suppose with Love Today, people often didn't think what the Carolina bit meant. But it was brave and honest of Mika to explain the song, and admit he'd written it for Carolina. God bless that man. He says we need more leaders like Churchill, but I think we need more leaders like Mika.

Love Today is my favourite song by Mika.

Musically, it represents Mika in all his magnificence.

In 2007 I didn`t know the story behind the song , but I`ve always felt the words are cheeky :teehee: I mean, I knew Carolina wasn`t a good girl... even a good gone girl:teehee:

Now I know where the story of Carolina began. )