XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

Who is DaWack actually?

As you've already been told - she's MIKAs beautiful and creative sister Yasmine, often by his side on photos - at different events - she looks quite much alike her famous brother, imo :wub2:

Love,love

me

• 3 weeks later...
Interview + photoshoot on the latest issue of il Venerdì di Repubblica, about the X Factor experience.

4zoq.png

[link]

vk4x.png

[link]

:thumb_yello: Thank you - how exciting it will be to get a translation here - hope someone find time to do it asap :wink2:

Love,love

me

First Part

Behind the scenes of the talent where, for the first time, there is a foreign judge that says: "I've accepted just to learn a new language and discover a country that I can't decrypt" particularly in the post women and politics.

MIKA: Italy has the "X-Factor"...I've only to understand where it is

Dublin. On the lawn by the Nordic Wodstock of the Slane Castle, the so-called castle of music an hour from Dublin, everyone played: from the Rolling Stones to Madonna. A few days ago, under a sky from "Wuthering Heights", also a group of finalists of the final stage of the selection of X Factor sang there (I wonder if in the same rooms where the "U2" recorded "Unforgettable Fire"). They did not know that the princely "Mika" would judge them and that, once selected the group, he would become the team leader.

The Anglo-Lebanese singer of many hits, from "We Are Golden" to "Relax" from "Grace Kelly" to "Love Today" and "Take It Easy", is the new purchase of the program, which starts on September 26 on SkyUno. Important moments, then, for those who love pop tv, made ​​even more memorable of the factor "Mika", x factor in the X Factor: he will be the fourth judge alongside Simona Ventura, Elio and Morgan and it is the first time that a international star participates in an Italian talent show. And as if to emphasize the event, when, at last, "Mika" enters - thin as a reed, as long as a lord, in beige jacket, slim pants and shoes Louboutin (they are very good friends, he and the designer) - the dark clouds unleashed a powerful downpour. It does not affect his Olympic prettiness: he seems born to never lose control. Instead, the competitors are agitated, when they perform in front of him, while in the next room, that an intricate madness of cables and monitor changes in regia, the mother sits. Imperious, in her kaftan fuchsia, observes everything carefully, remaining impenetrable.

<<I like the alternative pop. I do not want people pretty nor easy. I want originality.>> he reflects in Italian, in favor of cameras, while he evaluates the performance of the singers.

Then, on the lawn, there is the moment of choice.

<<The style is interesting, but I am afraid that it is stronger than the music. The originality counts but on TV is a strange beast. Because with a sophisticated look is more difficult to understand that you are sincere.>> tells going under the arm to one of them, playing with those negative judgments which then lead to a yes. A new "Don Lurio," meanwhile, moves on TV but only to the Anglo-Saxon accent. Because the behavior of "Mika" is one of an aristocratic, quirky, easygoing and kind. << One of the reasons that pushed me to accept "X Factor" is that I wanted to learn Italian and of course I like this show from they went out singers like "Marco Mengoni" and "Clare", which now they have a serious career. >> tells during a break in filming.

<< These challenges are part of my character. As it was when I left the "Royal College of Music" in London because I had recorded a song in the meantime. But I constantly need to break the rules. And then this latest adventure gives me the opportunity to immerse myself in a new culture, to open myself up to a new world. All material that can inspire me. >>

As the journey made between the Philippines and Nepal, where he wrote "Live Your Life", his new single, already number one in several countries including Korea and Spain. "Mika" speaks English, French, Spanish and understand Arabic because of a Lebanese mother (<< I have also studied Chinese, but I was a real mess.>>)

Knowing a language, he continues << it helps to increase the sense of awareness. Some people collect stamps, others paintings or expensive jewelry, I collect culture. What's better than learning a new language to do it? I'm obsessed now, by Italian music (while he sings "I'm not a lady" and cites De Andrè) but even by your cinema >>

The humor of "Il Divo" by Sorrentino has impressed him.

Edited by Lucrezia

First Part

Behind the scenes of the talent where, for the first time, there is a foreign judge that says: "I've accepted just to learn a new language and discover a country that I can't decrypt" particularly in the post women and politics.

MIKA: Italy has the "X-Factor"...I've only to understand where it is

Dublin. On the lawn by the Nordic Wodstock of the Slane Castle, the so-called castle of music an hour from Dublin, everyone played: from the Rolling Stones to Madonna. A few days ago, under a sky from "Wuthering Heights", also a group of finalists of the final stage of the selection of X Factor sang there (I wonder if in the same rooms where the "U2" recorded "Unforgettable Fire"). They did not know that the princely "Mika" would judge them and that, once selected the group, he would become the team leader.

The Anglo-Lebanese singer of many hits, from "We Are Golden" to "Relax" from "Grace Kelly" to "Love Today" and "Take It Easy", is the new purchase of the program, which starts on September 26 on SkyUno. Important moments, then, for those who love pop tv, made ​​even more memorable of the factor "Mika", x factor in the X Factor: he will be the fourth judge alongside Simona Ventura, Elio and Morgan and it is the first time that a international star participates in an Italian talent show. And as if to emphasize the event, when, at last, "Mika" enters - thin as a reed, as long as a lord, in beige jacket, slim pants and shoes Louboutin (they are very good friends, he and the designer) - the dark clouds unleashed a powerful downpour. It does not affect his Olympic prettiness: he seems born to never lose control. Instead, the competitors are agitated, when they perform in front of him, while in the next room, that an intricate madness of cables and monitor changes in regia, the mother sits. Imperious, in her kaftan fuchsia, observes everything carefully, remaining impenetrable.

<<I like the alternative pop. I do not want people pretty nor easy. I want originality.>> he reflects in Italian, in favor of cameras, while he evaluates the performance of the singers.

Then, on the lawn, there is the moment of choice.

<<The style is interesting, but I am afraid that it is stronger than the music. The originality counts but on TV is a strange beast. Because with a sophisticated look is more difficult to understand that you are sincere.>> tells going under the arm to one of them, playing with those negative judgments which then lead to a yes. A new "Don Lurio," meanwhile, moves on TV but only to the Anglo-Saxon accent. Because the behavior of "Mika" is one of an aristocratic, quirky, easygoing and kind. << One of the reasons that pushed me to accept "X Factor" is that I wanted to learn Italian and of course I like this show from they went out singers like "Marco Mengoni" and "Clare", which now they have a serious career. >> tells during a break in filming.

<< These challenges are part of my character. As it was when I left the "Royal College of Music" in London because I had recorded a song in the meantime. But I constantly need to break the rules. And then this latest adventure gives me the opportunity to immerse myself in a new culture, to open myself up to a new world. All material that can inspire me. >>

As the journey made between the Philippines and Nepal, where he wrote "Live Your Life", his new single, already number one in several countries including Korea and Spain. "Mika" speaks English, French, Spanish and understand Arabic because of a Lebanese mother (<< I have also studied Chinese, but I was a real mess.>>)

Knowing a language, he continues << it helps to increase the sense of awareness. Some people collect stamps, others paintings or expensive jewelry, I collect culture. What's better than learning a new language to do it? I'm obsessed now, by Italian music (while he sings "I'm not a lady" and cites De Andrè) but even by your cinema >>

The humor of "Il Divo" by Sorrentino has impressed him.

Thank you Lucrezia!

I love the part: "I don't collect stamps, I collect culture" :teehee:

Second Part

The humor of "Il Divo" by Sorrentino has impressed him. <<It's a mixture of subtlety and cruelty. I also tend to have an evil look and sharp on the things that I write, as in songs "The Origin Of Love", when I speak of racism and religion. The absurd is a key to make people understand the concept of tolerance. With my lyrics I say serious things, but my music is joyful. For this reason, you find yourself dancing to my songs even before understanding on what words you're dancing.>>

The text below is that you can be angry and pop at the same time. << I'm like a turtle. Mine is a gentle rebellion. Rebel means for me to be out clichés. When I was in college, and I mentioned I "Kurt Weill", the others looked at me bad. They were snobs. As well as the indie band in Camden that I was going to listen. They were both closed worlds, who were living of schemas. Me not. Because I've always been an outsider, since the school where I was certainly not cool, nor popular: the bullies put me under and for a long time I was afraid to walk in the yard, under the gaze of others. For two years I have not spoken. I knew, however, that with the music I could fight in another way, rebelling to learn not to be afraid to be myself. >>

And in this, his mother, who follows him everywhere, played a decisive role. << she quickly realized that I would have been a real mess or I could have done something interesting. Being in a dangerous situation, she took the risk to take me off from school, to take me to the park, to understand that music could become a profession. When you start working like me in 11 years, the route that thou doest is not romantic but hard. Very hard, you have to give your best, failure is always possible. But I'm grateful for what she has done for me. >>

So far what did impress you most of Italy? << The sexist underscores against women, sounds me strange. In Italy, the woman is still very discriminated. And to the man you allow to remain a child for longer than in other countries. >> then there's the politics, << a puzzle to understand, for who is a stranger. As the same story of Berlusconi. The only thing more mysterious of your policy is perhaps the current situation in Egypt. You are a country of contrasts, intolerance and nonsense because you are also deeply conservative.>> He votes in the States and obviously << democratic. But I hate extremism. And I do not like the champagne lefty. When it comes to politics, you have to consider the basics of living. They are: portfolio, religion and ethics. And I believe deeply in public investment in art.>> He was recently at the Biennale of Venice: << For most very remarkable. It is the highest point where art and politics meet together. But I hate those people. The same that you see in Art Basel to Frieze. The same manipulators who set the price, the same collectors who look to their investments. The process of making art, which is delicate and intimate, is the last thing you see in those situations. It is what I call the curse of "cool". Horror. << Cool is all that is controlled, forced, false, planned. My heroes in life are not "cool." I think of "Cocteau." To writers that I love, such as "Margaret Atwood" or "Angela Carter". >> I remind him that in Italy certain snobbish look at the world of talent still suspicious. << They are part of pop culture, like the rest of Sanremo. And the system of entertainment business. Is it art? No. Anyone can become an artist? Sure. And artists can become part of the entertainment system? Sure. These two things overlap. Malign is a loss of energy on the talent. >>

More interesting is to see that << the transformation process, inexplicable alchemy which for convenience we define xfactor, which makes a person to become a star. In the famous people we project our desire to love, for this we need it. Staying here is like to see the precise moment when the rock turns to gold. Sometimes happens, but not very often >>

Thank you girls for wait me :huglove: Hope you like it!!

Second Part

The humor of "Il Divo" by Sorrentino has impressed him. <<It's a mixture of subtlety and cruelty. I also tend to have an evil look and sharp on the things that I write, as in songs "The Origin Of Love", when I speak of racism and religion. The absurd is a key to make people understand the concept of tolerance. With my lyrics I say serious things, but my music is joyful. For this reason, you find yourself dancing to my songs even before understanding on what words you're dancing.>>

The text below is that you can be angry and pop at the same time. << I'm like a turtle. Mine is a gentle rebellion. Rebel means for me to be out clichés. When I was in college, and I mentioned I "Kurt Weill", the others looked at me bad. They were snobs. As well as the indie band in Camden that I was going to listen. They were both closed worlds, who were living of schemas. Me not. Because I've always been an outsider, since the school where I was certainly not cool, nor popular: the bullies put me under and for a long time I was afraid to walk in the yard, under the gaze of others. For two years I have not spoken. I knew, however, that with the music I could fight in another way, rebelling to learn not to be afraid to be myself. >>

And in this, his mother, who follows him everywhere, played a decisive role. << she quickly realized that I would have been a real mess or I could have done something interesting. Being in a dangerous situation, she took the risk to take me off from school, to take me to the park, to understand that music could become a profession. When you start working like me in 11 years, the route that thou doest is not romantic but hard. Very hard, you have to give your best, failure is always possible. But I'm grateful for what she has done for me. >>

So far what did impress you most of Italy? << The sexist underscores against women, sounds me strange. In Italy, the woman is still very discriminated. And to the man you allow to remain a child for longer than in other countries. >> then there's the politics, << a puzzle to understand, for who is a stranger. As the same story of Berlusconi. The only thing more mysterious of your policy is perhaps the current situation in Egypt. You are a country of contrasts, intolerance and nonsense because you are also deeply conservative.>> He votes in the States and obviously << democratic. But I hate extremism. And I do not like the champagne lefty. When it comes to politics, you have to consider the basics of living. They are: portfolio, religion and ethics. And I believe deeply in public investment in art.>> He was recently at the Biennale of Venice: << For most very remarkable. It is the highest point where art and politics meet together. But I hate those people. The same that you see in Art Basel to Frieze. The same manipulators who set the price, the same collectors who look to their investments. The process of making art, which is delicate and intimate, is the last thing you see in those situations. It is what I call the curse of "cool". Horror. << Cool is all that is controlled, forced, false, planned. My heroes in life are not "cool." I think of "Cocteau." To writers that I love, such as "Margaret Atwood" or "Angela Carter". >> I remind him that in Italy certain snobbish look at the world of talent still suspicious. << They are part of pop culture, like the rest of Sanremo. And the system of entertainment business. Is it art? No. Anyone can become an artist? Sure. And artists can become part of the entertainment system? Sure. These two things overlap. Malign is a loss of energy on the talent. >>

More interesting is to see that << the transformation process, inexplicable alchemy which for convenience we define xfactor, which makes a person to become a star. In the famous people we project our desire to love, for this we need it. Staying here is like to see the precise moment when the rock turns to gold. Sometimes happens, but not very often >>

Thank you girls for wait me :huglove: Hope you like it!!

Amazing Lucrezia, thank you so much :huglove:

">> I remind him that in Italy certain snobbish look at the world of talent still suspicious. << They are part of pop culture, like the rest of Sanremo. And the system of entertainment business. Is it art? No. Anyone can become an artist? Sure. And artists can become part of the entertainment system? Sure. These two things overlap. Malign is a loss of energy on the talent. >> "

:naughty:

Thank you Lucrezia!

I love the part: "I don't collect stamps, I collect culture" :teehee:

:thumb_yello: yeah, loved that part, too.

And the part about snobism against talent shows.

I was one of the group "XF, why not?", so I appreciate his words...

:thumb_yello: yeah, loved that part, too.

And the part about snobism against talent shows.

I was one of the group "XF, why not?", so I appreciate his words...

:thumb_yello: I sooo agree with you - this is great!! :naughty:

Thanks again Lucrezia - for another huge translation - you're super!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

"Ribelle per me significa essere fuori del cliché"

Love this quote and totally agree with it. Also love what he said about collecting cultures. It's true that the best way to understand and really get to know a culture is to learn its language.

Very interesting article, thanks Eugenio for posting!