XL REPUBBLICA - how Mika keeps himself busy ;-) - part 2

robertina

I guess, Mika is not going to post original English versions at all....

So, it`s time to learn Italian or follow Lucrezia`s translations (thanks to her!)

:aah:

Yeah, in spite of the thread, the magazine is not XL, but Venerdì, always Repubblica. It would fit better the XF thread, but it's ok!

Anyway, I can help too with the translation the next loooooong Italian months :wink2:

You're welcome girls!

For me it's a way to practice my English so I do it with pleasure :wink2: And then I return the favor to those who have translated from other languages all these years

Edited by Lucrezia

Yes, some people mentionned it on Twitter already. It seems to be about his 30's :naughty:

Luisa / @DropOfSea

Just read the new XL mag out today. @mikasounds Hat or not, I bet that in 50 years you will not change so much...X! pic.twitter.com/uXSaz4cRX1

Sara ‏@Sarina_chan 9 min

@mikasounds Love the letter to yourself for @LaRepubblicaXL ! Eccentrico ma soprattutto geniale lo rimarrai sempre!

Gianni Santoro, Music editor @LaRepubblicaXL.

‏@GianniSantor0

In the new @mikasounds column in @LaRepubblicaXL he writes to his 80 year old self! The english transcript online in a few days. #popup

Gianni Santoro, Music editor @LaRepubblicaXL.

‏@GianniSantor0

In the new @mikasounds column in @LaRepubblicaXL he writes to his 80 year old self! The english transcript online in a few days. #popup

So we won´t have a earlier Translation this time? :blink: I´m not sure if I´m able to wait a few days longer................

Thank you Maurizia for the scan!

So, here's a little summary about what he wrote:

Dear Mika, even if you have 80 years I hope you are still eccentric

Mika wrote a letter on August 17 to himself more adult. In fact, he can not read it unless the eve of his 80th birthday.

He starts writing that he does not know where in the world he will be because in recent years so many things have happened that there is no way to predict, however, he hopes that he is still alive.

Surely he will wonder why and the reason is simple: 30 years in the past wanted to say that life was almost over (a sort of "Twilight"). The only reason why he believes that they are important is because when you've 30 years, you become you become aware. The boundaries that demarcate the difference between childhood and adolescence are very labile and thus people live as though adulthood and childhood were the same thing.

He writes from the basement of the house in London with his dog that has just fallen asleep in a corner and his mother who asked him if he wanted a cup of tea. He says that surely they will be dead at that age and he thinks that surely he will know for sure what it means to lose someone dear and probably the he will think that he is very lucky but they both know that in the end they are not so perfect up close.

He is also sure that over time he will have made real friends and he does not speak of the famous ones because they come and go. he prays that he will remain so eccentric as he is now and that his friends will be a bit crazy.

Then he talks about the world situation by saying that the U.S. and the UK are guarding us, the Middle East is in turmoil, the city of Aleppo that he had visited at 25 is completely destroyed, Russia is anti-gay but the marriage in Europe and America is seen in a positive way except in Italy.

He also wonders if he had children and how because he knows he is not never been with a girl. However, he hopes that he has them and they will look like him. Then he asks how the music will be in the future and that he would really like to know it now...

He concludes by saying that he could write till to infinity but he must stop. He reminds him that in the end they are not so different and if he does not recognize himself in these words, unfortunately, something went wrong. Only one thing he hopes, that he has not become bald because in that case he hopes that he will bring a hat.

The last words are: "With all the love in the world...me, you."

Edited by Lucrezia

So, here's a little summary fo what he wrote:

Mika wrote a letter on August 17 to himself more adult. In fact, he can not read it unless the eve of his 80th birthday.

He starts writing that he does not know where in the world he will be because in recent years so many things have happened that there is no way to predict, however, he hopes that he is still alive.

Surely he will wonder why and the reason is simple: 30 years in the past wanted to say that life was almost over (a sort of "Twilight"). The only reason why he believes that they are important is because when you've 30 years, you become you become aware. The boundaries that demarcate the difference between childhood and adolescence are very labile and thus people live as though adulthood and childhood were the same thing.

He writes from the basement of the house in London with his dog that has just fallen asleep in a corner and his mother who asked him if he wanted a cup of tea. He says that surely they will be dead at that age and he thinks that surely he will know for sure what it means to lose someone dear and probably the he will think that he is very lucky but they both know that in the end they are not so perfect up close.

He is also sure that over time he will have made real friends and he does not speak of the famous ones because they come and go. he prays that he will remain so eccentric as he is now and that his friends will be a bit crazy.

Then he talks about the world situation by saying that the U.S. and the UK are guarding us, the Middle East is in turmoil, the city of Aleppo that he had visited at 25 is completely destroyed, Russia is anti-gay but the marriage in Europe and America is seen in a positive way except in Italy.

He also wonders if he had children and how because he knows he is not never been with a girl. However, he hopes that he has them and they will look like him. Then he asks how the music will be in the future and that he would really like to know it now...

He concludes by saying that he could write till to infinity but he must stop. He reminds him that in the end they are not so different and if he does not recognize himself in these words, unfortunately, something went wrong. Only one thing he hopes, that he has not become bald because in that case he hopes that he will bring a hat.

Grazie Lu ;*

Thank you for this summary :wub2:

Thanks so much Lucrezia and Maurizia :flowers2:

Interesting what he says. Always a memory or a mention to his mother, isn't it nice? :wub2:

*waiting for the full english transcript*