Does anyone know anything about this mysterious song that has appeared on Mika's American Tour setlists? I can't seem to find any information about it at all! :dunno:

If anyone has any footage of it in any of the shows, please post a link on here!

I'm sure we're all dying to know what it sounds like

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter and I believe it's a slot he's worked into the set list so he can play something extra or a request from the audience.

This just our theory.

What an interesting theory! :teehee:

I find it funny to think that this mysterious song could possibly not even exist hehe

I've just have a feeling its not a cover. He hasn't done a cover during a gig in how long? And based on Jodie Marr's tweets I think Poisonyoulove was right on in it actually exsisting......... guess we'll have to wait and see!

:wait:

Has he played it for us yet?

Hey guys! This IS a new song, he performed it in Philly, where I saw him. I realized it was new because it didn't sound remotely familiar and they warned us at the beginning of the show there would be new stuff. And, like you said, it also showed up on the set-list later.

They told us not to film anything because they don't want his new music on YouTube. Since the place is small and they had quite a lot of security, especially at the front, it would have been hard to get away with, I guess. :glasses2:

Hey guys! This IS a new song, he performed it in Philly, where I saw him. I realized it was new because it didn't sound remotely familiar and they warned us at the beginning of the show there would be new stuff. And, like you said, it also showed up on the set-list later.

They told us not to film anything because they don't want his new music on YouTube. Since the place is small and they had quite a lot of security, especially at the front, it would have been hard to get away with, I guess. :glasses2:

Are you sure ? In Philadelphia, according to the reports on the MFC, the only new song he played was Hia Leah.

Sorry, he did not play it in Philadelphia. :no:

He did play Hia Leah in Philly, but no Century Man, no Only Lonely Man, and no Bonnie and Clyde.

The only thing he did in Philadelphia that I didn't recognize was an intro for Big Girl that was different from anything I'd heard before. I thought perhaps that it was a new song... until he broke into Big Girl.

I don't have any theories on whether Bonnie and Clyde is a new song or a cover, but we definitely didn't hear it on this tour. :dunno:

I don't have any theories on whether Bonnie and Clyde is a new song or a cover, but we definitely didn't hear it on this tour. :dunno:

I actually think it's some sort of inside joke between MIKA and Jodi Marr; in my opinion their tweets imply that the two of them are Bonnie and Clyde.

I think they're just having fun.

Then again, it might me a song he didn't play; in LA he told me he was going to play "Tah Dah" before the tour ended but obviously he didn't.

EDIT:

So I went ahead and pulled up MIKA's songs on the BMI Repertoire search; no Bonnie and Clyde, BUT none of those other new songs have been registered either.

(Although it does take quite awhile for something to show in the database, about 2 months if I remember correctly.)

Edited by Daisuke