Mika in "La Canción de San Miguel", Barcelona (Spain) - 22.04.2013

LeiRe

It's a very catchy song ! I love it ! But the spanish part doesn't work for me, I tried to sing the 4 verses and I just CAN'T. The worst is : EL MUNDO ESTÁ EN TUS MANOS, NO LO SABES YA. I never had spanish lessons, french and english is enought for me. :teehee:

I love the beat, I hope it'll boost Mika in Spain. Maybe we'll get to hear it here, sometime they play songs with a bit of spanish on radio. It would be a perfect summer hit !

I just realized!:doh: The guitar at the and of the song is like one at the beginning of George Michael s "Faith"! :teehee:

Yes I heard the similarity; and I also end up singing 'Black or White' by MJ on the verses :insane:

I find the song really catchy and cheerful and it makes me smile (I like it more than I expected after hearing little snippets), but I'm happy it's not really meaningful or one of his most special songs... That way I don't feel it was wasted for an advertisement. It fits well for the purpose and could be a summer hit, it's good one to be played at summer festivals :thumb_yello:

Yes I heard the similarity; and I also end up singing 'Black or White' by MJ on the verses :insane:

Yes that's exactly what I thought. I think people are getting too hung up on the guitar at the beginning in relation to Faith, but generally I don't think it sounds like Faith at all but Black and White.

so why would he need to invite any of his fans to a commercial? :doh: - that was the original question.:wink2:

Why does he ask fans to dance and sing on stage? Part of it is involvement, but another part of it is a very easy and cheap way to get an enthusiastic crowd together.

I find the song really catchy and cheerful and it makes me smile (I like it more than I expected after hearing little snippets), but I'm happy it's not really meaningful or one of his most special songs... That way I don't feel it was wasted for an advertisement. It fits well for the purpose and could be a summer hit, it's good one to be played at summer festivals :thumb_yello:

I like your way of thinking :thumb_yello:

Why does he ask fans to dance and sing on stage? Part of it is involvement, but another part of it is a very easy and cheap way to get an enthusiastic crowd together.

Actually we weren't supposed to know about the event until only a few hours before it was taking place, so I guess this time they wanted, or preferred, "random" people to show up... :teehee:

They didn't have crowds for the London scenes. I am just wondering why they bothered getting a crowd together all day in Barcelona because it is hardly seen in the commercial. :blink:

I noticed there was a 3-part extended thing on YT for Jamie Cullum. Do you think they'll do that for Mika's that will show more crowd shots?

They didn't have crowds for the London scenes. I am just wondering why they bothered getting a crowd together all day in Barcelona because it is hardly seen in the commercial. :blink:

I noticed there was a 3-part extended thing on YT for Jamie Cullum. Do you think they'll do that for Mika's that will show more crowd shots?

I don't know, maybe they wanted those scenes for the previous warm-up videos we saw? For marketing reasons? Stuff for journalists, bloggers, etc.?

All I know is I'm happy I could be there! :aah:

By the way, you can also see Bilbao and three Spanish football players at 02:38. Thanks, @momika! :aah:

So the image of that bridge behind those three guys is Bilbao? and those three guys are the football players? :teehee:

Has it been posted to this thread ?

Mika, Ciudadano de un lugar llamado mundo, según La Vanguardia

may 16, 2013

http://www.ryadaily.es/mika-ciudadano-de-un-lugar-llamado-mundo-segun-la-vanguardia

El cantante Mika acaparó ayer en La Vanguardia, las páginasd de la sección Vivir, con motivo del próximo spot de la marca cervecera. El polifacético cantante, que no las tenía todas cuando se le presentó el proyecto, aceptó sin dudar cuando en detalle supo lo que supone ser Ciudadano de un lugar llamado Mundo, al igual que hicieron Jamie Cullum y Delafé y las flores azules.

La canción, Live your life, que podrá escucharse en el spot a finales de mes, es una canción festiva que anima a compartir con la gente los buenos momentos.

Román y Asociados gestiona la comunicación de San Miguel.

mika20san20miguel20lv.jpg

From Mika's facebook:

Mika has just recorded a new song ' Live your Life', which is the new sound of San Miguel! Mika was joined on screen for the video by actress Leonor Watling and football players from Spanish teams Málaga C.F. and Athletic Club, alongside more than 300 fans who attended the recording of the song in Barcelona! Check out the video here… #LaCancióndeSanMiguel

From Dani Mateo, the guy who interviewed Mika last October in Madrid:

Me llamó borracho barbudo cuando le conocí, pero canta tan bien que se le perdona! @mikasounds #lacanciondesanmiguel http://bit.ly/17l52x5

:aah:

It means: He called me a bearded drunk man when I met him, but he sings so well that I forgive him!