Mika in "La Canción de San Miguel", Barcelona (Spain) - 22.04.2013

LeiRe

I think we know the Spanish part from when they were filming the video. I'll

go look for it in a minute.

I didn't see that you had posted the lyrics already so I was working on them this morning. I think you came up with what I had for the most part, except for the chorus. I hear "'Cause they always *gonna* turn out right." And in the second verse I hear a few minor differences. But overall, I think we have them! :)

Live Your Life

You've got the whole world in your pocket

But you just don't know

Everybody's smilin' at you everywhere you go

It's like you've got that secret

Everybody else wants to know

Oh yeah

Anywhere you are is just like home to you

From the beaches in Manila

Down to Katmandu

Yeah you've got that secret

Everybody else wants to know

And you won't ever let it go oh

Everybody wanna hold your hand

Everybody wanna shine that bright

Everybody wanna say they can

Everybody wanna live your life

Everybody wanna talk like you

Only wanna do the things you do

'Cause they always gonna turn out right

We take a whole room full of strangers

And we make them friends

We do it all around the world

Just so it never ends

It don't matter where we're coming from or going to

You're the only one that ever turns a grey sky blue

And everybody needs a friend like you

SOMOS CIUDADANOS DEL MUNDO, ASI

YO SIEMPRE A TU LADO Y TÚ JUNTO A MI

EL MUNDO ESTÁ EN TUS MANOS, NO LO SABES YA

COMO UN DIAMANTE SIEMPRE BRILLARA

thank you so much for the lyrics :flowers2:

Edited by clara85

Yes, I also thought about Faith when I first heard LYL, but I really like it any way. But it isn't the first time Mika loans something from George Michael: Touches you has some similarities with Father figure. :wink2:

And LYL has the same cheerful atmosphere than The Edge of Heaven :aah:

The chorus tune reminds me of a DeBarge song a called Rhytmn Of The Night.

It's quite danceable, at least I was dancing around to it when the gig was on last night.

It's quite danceable, at least I was dancing around to it when the gig was on last night.

:naughty: you must have had a great connection... i listened to 2 or 3 songs, it was so bad that i turned it off

trust me... there was no dancing here :aah:

You're right! I had forgotten about that song:thumb_yello:

I like the cheerful beat of the song ;-)

:naughty: you must have had a great connection... i listened to 2 or 3 songs, it was so bad that i turned it off

The video was uploaded on youtube a few minutes after the gig was over!

It was up and down, and with zillions of ads in between, it was quite an ordeal to watch. I think they cut the encore on the feed, as it finished with WAG.

There you go Irene :wink2:

We are citizens of the world, so

I will always be by your side and you close to me

The world is in your hands, you don't know it yet

As a diamond you will always shine

Sorry, it's not exactly like that, but more like:

The world is in your hands, don't you know it yet [as in a question]

Like a diamond, it [the world] will always shine

:blush-anim-cl:

I just realized!:doh: The guitar at the and of the song is like one at the beginning of George Michael s "Faith"! :teehee:

I realized it from the first notes :naughty:

But I don't mind!

What is important, is that the song is light and bright.

It is called the Bo Diddley beat and can be found in hundreds of pop and rock songs alike, from the Who via U2 to George Michael.. :wink2:

Here is Bo Diddley's Mona:

[YOUTUBE]Y87q6rVMp4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Seems like some was filmed in London then. How come the UK fans didn't get asked to help out then?

You really need to ask Rose, Mika's just not interested in the UK any more!

It seems to me that it is not a fan video but an advertisement and I don't think most 'hardcore' Mika fans are in the target group for this beer.

Can you see yourself appear in this ad? I can't :dunno:

I love it :wub2:, shiny song, multi-cultural song...:thumb_yello:

I watched the video twice yesterday evening and had the song in my head all evening long...:mikalove:

Happy for spanish speaking friends :wink2:... you see, Mika is not only speaking in english or french (but I am sorry for my german/dutch/belgian friends... am I ? :aah:)

It seems to me that it is not a fan video but an advertisement and I don't think most 'hardcore' Mika fans are in the target group for this beer.

But they did ask fans in Spain to join the filming hence why the comment about not being asked in London:wink2:

+1 I had no idea of the whole thing (fans requested...) because I had been away from MFC for a while... and it clearly was an add for beer when I saw the video yesterday

Sorry for you Suzie and the other fans who were there :huglove:

Sorry for you Suzie and the other fans who were there :huglove:

:teehee: oops, I think I was misunderstood. I wasn't anywhere near where this video was filmed. I only meant that this video is not meant to portray typical Mika fans. The song itself is not a typical Mika song, either, as it is not particularly unique but I like it and it fits the concept / the beer the are selling.:thumb_yello:

But they did ask fans in Spain to join the filming hence why the comment about not being asked in London:wink2:

oh, ok, I missed that, but I mean, look at the people playing a key role in the video... They are not the Mika fan type, are they...

The crowd scene is understandably only in Spain, given it's about Spanish beer (although I could be wrong as I only saw the video once and I can't even remember that scene :teehee:)

Edited by suzie

Well my old Wapping flat, my local pub (The Prospect of Whitby) and the braces we bought Mika feature in this video so I don't feel left out. :naughty:

This song is extremely catchy but the lyrics are empty and devoid of anything Mika. As a jingle it is extremely good and the energy of others makes it a really good advert. I can't speak to how it will go over in Spain but I think it would work really well in North America.

It's unfortunate that he has wasted the great melody in the verses on a beer company though. I can understand Mika licensing his music to TV shows and even commercials but this is just too far over the line for me to stomach. He is throwing a good piece of music away on a beer commercial.

And before anyone starts making excuses about retaining musical integrity with this song, let's just get real for a minute. Half of this song would not be in Spanish (and I really can't imagine the lyrics being so trite and meaningless) had the final development not been made for San Miguel.

:teehee: oops, I think I was misunderstood. I wasn't anywhere near where this video was filmed. I only meant that this video is not meant to portray typical Mika fans. The song itself is not a typical Mika song, either, as it is not particularly unique but I like it and it fits the concept / the beer the are selling.:thumb_yello:

oh, ok, I missed that, but I mean, look at the people playing a key role in the video... They are not the Mika fan type, are they...

The crowd scene is understandably only in Spain, given it's about Spanish beer (although I could be wrong as I only saw the video once and I can't even remember that scene :teehee:)

No, I rather see them as fellow musicians/singers:wink2:

This song is extremely catchy but the lyrics are empty and devoid of anything Mika. As a jingle it is extremely good and the energy of others makes it a really good advert. I can't speak to how it will go over in Spain but I think it would work really well in North America.

It's unfortunate that he has wasted the great melody in the verses on a beer company though. I can understand Mika licensing his music to TV shows and even commercials but this is just too far over the line for me to stomach. He is throwing a good piece of music away on a beer commercial.

I am not sure what the real story is.... It seems to me that those 2 well-known songwriters, Steve Robson and Wayne Hector had their share of the songwriting process, so this song may have either started out from a piece they had or they turned a Mika song into this.... (or they wrote it all themselves, which is the most likely scenario given the song has no typical Mika sound in it at all :mf_rosetinted:)