MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

Oh I'm so sorry you are thinking of leaving! Tbh, I too have thought of leaving a few times recently, because it's not the fanclub family it used to be. The only thing that stopped me once,was that I couldn't see how to close my account.

I too have been subject to the comments on threads about loving Mika whatever he does, just because I think he can do more than just be a singer/songwriter, even though that is the most important thing.

What I have tried to be on here, is a voice of reason. The problem is that we can't make Mika do what we might want him to do, even if we are right and he is wrong. But when you love someone, you love them unconditionally. Just as if my son did something I thought was wrong, I'd still love him and hope for the best, but I'd still be there to pick up the pieces if Steve messed up in some way.

Like you, I am older, I'm 58 years old. At our ages we know that a career hiccup is not the end of the world. Mika will survive, but things may not ever be as they were, still, we love him and it's not our place to tell him what to do. He's nearly 30 after all. If he makes a mistake, it's his choice. But since we don't know everything he's thinking, we don't know everything that he intends to do (if that makes any sense)

But I am concerned about the way the fan club is going. It seems to be splitting into factions and that is not good.

If there is an issue on which we disagree, we should talk about it, but not slam into someone who doesn't share our view. In all things, we need to be reasonable.

The one thing we have in common is our love of Mika. But Mika isn't a saint and he's not always going to do things we ( as individuals) would like him to. Being human, he's subject to making the occasional bad decision, or taking risks with his career, He's also able to change his mind, just as we all do sometime. But he's free to do that, and people on here who are willing to let him get on with things, should be respected for that view, just as people who feel he's changed from the rebel of 2007 (which I personally took with a pinch of salt) to a compliant X Factor judge.

But he may do great as a judge! We don't know what's in store for him. But I wish MFC could get back to the fun place it used to be.

You've expressed in far better words what I have been trying to say.

Thank you!

I'm a very sensitive person and I have never experienced any sense of 'bullying' from the mods on this forum. Unless we're talking about the Michael Jackson forum that I used to check out; The mod on that forum is what you would call a bully. He would actually ban members for disagreeing with the fake vocals that were on the latest MJ album; So that's a bully. Here we're just expressing our opinions on this Xfactor topic and I'm sure nobody has written anything harsh against another member for expressing themselves. At least from what I've seen, but I also think there might've been some huge misunderstandings between some members because of their English writing?

yeah, the "racist" thingie was an example of misunderstanding.

Bullying is a hard word, I read all from the beginning, and saw nothing to do dealing with that.

So much passion, nothing more than that.

I think we shouldn't make too much out of it.

It's normal that people have different opinions and they will clash together in a discussion - otherwise it wouldn't be a discussion. And depending on how emotional and important the topic is they clash a little bit more or less. And this discussion was/is one of the more emotional ones with strong different opinions…

So we have a split between our opinions here and probably it feels "bigger" than in other discussions as it is a big, strong discussion. But a spliting of opinions doesn't mean that there is a split between people.

I think we shouldn't make too much out of it.

It's normal that people have different opinions and they will clash together in a discussion - otherwise it wouldn't be a discussion. And depending on how emotional and important the topic is they clash a little bit more or less. And this discussion was/is one of the more emotional ones with strong different opinions…

So we have a split between our opinions here and probably it feels "bigger" than in other discussions as it is a big, strong discussion. But a spliting of opinions doesn't mean that there is a split between people.

I agree with what you wrote, even if i don't agree with his career move. :naughty:

Dermoment, the rest of my post is not about you, but i'm just too lazy to make another post :aah:

None of us are trying to change Mika's mind, we are all smart enough to realize it's a done deal anyways.

This place would be boring if we all thought the same way. This isn't the first "clash of the fans" and certainly won't be the last one. If we can't get 5 people in a room to agree on what to make for supper, chances are, we won't be able to get an international fan club to agree either. That being said, the fact that people are not agreeing with what we think, does not make them bullies. It just means we have a difference of opinions.

Just like when someone repeats the same thing over and over (and i'm not talking on MFC) does not make it truer. It just means they are good at "edit copy / edit paste) :naughty: And if none of us bothers to respond to any of these, then who is the "bully"... the ones who say nothing, or the one who tries to get his message across by using "edit/paste" ? :teehee:

I can give an example of something i did at work once.

I was writing a job order for a customer name "Mike" ... instead, out of habit, i wrote "Mika" :doh: When i write orders, i pulled his file over and over and over. My book keeper said to me "You really have that "Mika" on your mind all the time! When in fact, i only wrote it once, but repeated the mistake for the past year :naughty: It gave her the false idea, just like those edit/paste messages.

I agree to disagree & i have moved on. We've all had our say and there's no point in repeating it 20 times... peoples' points have been made & read by all of us who are interested in the subject.

and now it's time for a

:group_hug:

I agree to disagree & i have moved on. We've all had our say and there's no point in repeating it 20 times... peoples' points have been made & read by all of us who are interested in the subject.

and now it's time for a

:group_hug:

:group_hug: Big love everybody :fangurl:

Guys,

Let's face it:

Whatever we think, whatever we believe in, he wont take notice of it...

And even if he does he'll think: Though **** if my fans don't like it!

That's Mika!

And i've been around long enough to know how he is and how he reacts to criticism from our part...

Rememeber the short sleeved jacket Christine criticised him about???

What was his answer???

Didnt he used it again???

So no more cat and dog fight about this subject, it's just not worth it...

Let's move on and hope he finds a lady to entertain in italy...

THAT's a good subject to discuss....:teehee:

Guys,

Let's face it:

That's Mika!

And i've been around long enough to know how he is and how he reacts to criticism from our part...

What was his answer???

Yeah, just like his thought about Twitter on the italian radio :naughty:

Go ahead, Mika, and don't care about us, you'll rock anyway!!!!

Guys,

Asia Argento?

just kidding :)

Guys,

Let's face it:

That's Mika!

What was his answer???

Yay Wonkita you shine bright like a diamond :thumb_yello:

*ardently waiting for the birdie t-shirt*

*hoping for the rolled-up pants*

Guys,

Let's face it:

That's Mika!

What was his answer???

Speaking of dogs and cats, Wonka, he might find a nice male dog in Italy, to introduce to Melachi so she can have puppies and Mika be a granddad at 30.

Or he might find a nice cat, to sit on his hearthrug in the apartment and purr while he's composing.

Or he may become friends with Pope Francis and go to The Vatican for tea.

Since it seems that everyone feels they have had their say on this subject, I'm going to close this thread, and post a new one announcing Mika's involvement with the X Factor on the front page. Whether we agree with this or not, it is after all MIKA NEWS, right? :thumb_yello:

• Like 1