MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

Mika is a multitalented artist.

I believe that it's the uneasiness that moves him.

And makes us crazy :pbjt::pbjt:

The opinions and feelings that I read here, so different, respect of his participation in the X Factor shows how Mika is loved.

The conclusion is that Mika is a lucky man, has a fanclub that cares about him, and even sometimes disagreeing with him any choice, is always here to support him and to see him happy.:clap::clap:

I'm very proud to be here with you, see this debate and be a Mikafan [/color]ana"]

Hugs everybody =)))

Mika is a multitalented artist.

I believe that it's the uneasiness that moves him.

And makes us crazy :pbjt::pbjt:

The opinions and feelings that I read here, so different, respect of his participation in the X Factor shows how Mika is loved.

The conclusion is that Mika is a lucky man, has a fanclub that cares about him, and even sometimes disagreeing with him any choice, is always here to support him and to see him happy.:clap::clap:

I'm very proud to be here with you, see this debate and be a Mikafan [/color]ana"]

Hugs everybody =)))

Yeah! Exactly Mara, great :thumb_yello:

Deb Perfect! your text well well ... marry me too :naughty: Well said :wub2::thumb_yello:

Hugs beloved fellows :huglove:

Unfortunately, I am not at home this week -- working in the Real World for a change -- and so I haven't had nearly as much time to devote the attention I'd like to on this subject. But I have read through it as much as I can and wanted to add my thoughts to the mix while I have a bit of free time.

First of all, I defy anyone to question how much I love and support Mika. I've been on MFC almost since it started, and have spent countless hours as well as dollars helping to keep this forum running, with the ultimate goal being to support and promote Mika. So for anyone to say that just because I don't agree with this decision of his to go on X Factor in Italy I am a bad fan, or disloyal, or not supportive... well, you're wrong, plain and simple. Twist my words any way you want, but that doesn't make it so. I think Mika is amazing, both as an individual and as an artist, and I want him to succeed on a grand scale -- personally, as well as professionally. He knows that, his team knows that, and all of you should know it, as well.

But the fact remains that I don't agree with his choice to do this show. He may do very well on it. He may sweep Italy off its feet. He probably will. He may become a HUGE star in Italy. And he may think he needs to do this show for any of the number of reasons many of you have listed in this thread. Maybe he needs a rest, maybe he needs inspiration, maybe he needs the money, maybe he needs the challenge/change... Whatever. You're all right -- he's free to do whatever he wants with his life, make choices good or bad, succeed or fail at whatever he likes. That's all not my issue.

The issue is that I have been a fan of Mika, both as a person and as an artist, for 6-1/2 years, and I thought the goal -- his goal, not mine -- was to be a successful musician. Not to just have a few top 10 hits in the UK and then disappear from the scene. Not to just perform in France. Not to just act as a judge on a reality show in Italy. I thought the goal was to have a successful, long-term career as a songwriter and performer on a fairly big scale. That certainly seemed to be the goal if you bought into all the hype that accompanied his 2007 debut. Mika was fresh, different, unique even, and was going to change music forever! Hurray! I believed it and rejoiced! :yay:

So... I don't know. Maybe the goal changed somewhere along the line, or maybe it was unrealistic to begin with. But I think that this is why so many of us who were here in 2006/7 are feeling rather disillusioned at this particular career choice. Here is someone we fell in love with as the new face of music -- someone who went against the grain, whose music was fresh and not like every other thing on the radio. This was someone who stood for not conforming to the old industry standards, someone who just stood out, for that matter... and now he appears to be conforming. It seems he's getting sucked into the music industry machine, where he will be talking about someone else's career, someone else's music, instead of his own. How exactly is that going to further his career? And on top of that, we see him devoting so much time and energy to other side projects that may be gratifying to him as a person, but what exactly do sunglasses and a clothing line have to do with his music? He's not Britney Spears or J. Lo, is he? He's not going to come out with a MIKA fragrance next, is he?

As I said, if these projects are important to him creatively on a personal level, then, OK. I can put up with them. But how many more of these side projects will there be? At what point do they stop being SIDE projects and become ALL Mika is doing? Yes, he's performing a load of festivals this summer, and no, he's not a machine, he obviously can't crank out new music and perform nonstop without a mental and physical break. I get that. But...

Perhaps I'm being dense, and this is now the path to the old goal -- a long, sustained career in the music business. Maybe that's the strategy. "If I can't get them to buy my records because they like the music, I'll do a clothing line. Then once they love the clothing, they'll buy the records. Then I'll be a judge on X Factor and they'll fall in love with me because I'm so charming, and then they'll buy my records."

I've been asked to keep an open mind about this decision, and I'm trying.

I'm still feeling the high from those exceptional acoustic shows the week before last, I'm still loving Mika SO much... He's sweet and charming and seems to be so sincere, as anyone who's spent even 30 seconds with him in real life knows. As I've said before, I'm a fan of Mika the man, as well as a fan of Mika the musician. So I WANT to support him in everything he does, personally and professionally.

But the truth is that this X Factor thing doesn't appeal to me. I don't see how limiting himself to several months in Italy, on a show that only Italians (and hard core fans like ourselves) are going to see is going to earn him any more exposure or credibility in the music world at large. All it does, in my opinion, is alienate those of us who want to support HIS music, and his MUSIC career. :dunno:

Obviously, just because I can't see the benefit of it, doesn't mean there isn't any. And let's face it, no one on Mika's team, starting with Mika, is looking for my opinion on this decision. I have to accept it, and of course I will, because it's not the end of the world. But I think as a fan from nearly the beginning, I've earned the right to express a disagreement with his choice without being told off about it or being called disloyal or even "wrong", for that matter. It's really disturbing to me to have read a lot of what's been said in this thread -- it's a forum, we're allowed to talk about what we think and feel here. And this is how I feel. If you feel otherwise, that's fine -- I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't feel that way, so please don't tell me I shouldn't feel the way I do, either.

And with that, I need to go back to the Real World, which luckily for me this week consists of riding roller coasters and visiting with the other Big M in my life, Mickey Mouse. Sorry if I don't reply to anything else in this thread -- it's not that I don't care, it's that I won't have much time until Sunday, and besides, I think the subject has just about been exhausted by now anyway :original:

totally agree with you Deb :huglove:

Unfortunately, I am not at home this week -- working in the Real World for a change -- and so I haven't had nearly as much time to devote the attention I'd like to on this subject. But I have read through it as much as I can and wanted to add my thoughts to the mix while I have a bit of free time.

First of all, I defy anyone to question how much I love and support Mika. I've been on MFC almost since it started, and have spent countless hours as well as dollars helping to keep this forum running, with the ultimate goal being to support and promote Mika. So for anyone to say that just because I don't agree with this decision of his to go on X Factor in Italy I am a bad fan, or disloyal, or not supportive... well, you're wrong, plain and simple. Twist my words any way you want, but that doesn't make it so. I think Mika is amazing, both as an individual and as an artist, and I want him to succeed on a grand scale -- personally, as well as professionally. He knows that, his team knows that, and all of you should know it, as well.

But the fact remains that I don't agree with his choice to do this show. He may do very well on it. He may sweep Italy off its feet. He probably will. He may become a HUGE star in Italy. And he may think he needs to do this show for any of the number of reasons many of you have listed in this thread. Maybe he needs a rest, maybe he needs inspiration, maybe he needs the money, maybe he needs the challenge/change... Whatever. You're all right -- he's free to do whatever he wants with his life, make choices good or bad, succeed or fail at whatever he likes. That's all not my issue.

The issue is that I have been a fan of Mika, both as a person and as an artist, for 6-1/2 years, and I thought the goal -- his goal, not mine -- was to be a successful musician. Not to just have a few top 10 hits in the UK and then disappear from the scene. Not to just perform in France. Not to just act as a judge on a reality show in Italy. I thought the goal was to have a successful, long-term career as a songwriter and performer on a fairly big scale. That certainly seemed to be the goal if you bought into all the hype that accompanied his 2007 debut. Mika was fresh, different, unique even, and was going to change music forever! Hurray! I believed it and rejoiced! :yay:

So... I don't know. Maybe the goal changed somewhere along the line, or maybe it was unrealistic to begin with. But I think that this is why so many of us who were here in 2006/7 are feeling rather disillusioned at this particular career choice. Here is someone we fell in love with as the new face of music -- someone who went against the grain, whose music was fresh and not like every other thing on the radio. This was someone who stood for not conforming to the old industry standards, someone who just stood out, for that matter... and now he appears to be conforming. It seems he's getting sucked into the music industry machine, where he will be talking about someone else's career, someone else's music, instead of his own. How exactly is that going to further his career? And on top of that, we see him devoting so much time and energy to other side projects that may be gratifying to him as a person, but what exactly do sunglasses and a clothing line have to do with his music? He's not Britney Spears or J. Lo, is he? He's not going to come out with a MIKA fragrance next, is he?

As I said, if these projects are important to him creatively on a personal level, then, OK. I can put up with them. But how many more of these side projects will there be? At what point do they stop being SIDE projects and become ALL Mika is doing? Yes, he's performing a load of festivals this summer, and no, he's not a machine, he obviously can't crank out new music and perform nonstop without a mental and physical break. I get that. But...

Perhaps I'm being dense, and this is now the path to the old goal -- a long, sustained career in the music business. Maybe that's the strategy. "If I can't get them to buy my records because they like the music, I'll do a clothing line. Then once they love the clothing, they'll buy the records. Then I'll be a judge on X Factor and they'll fall in love with me because I'm so charming, and then they'll buy my records."

I've been asked to keep an open mind about this decision, and I'm trying.

I'm still feeling the high from those exceptional acoustic shows the week before last, I'm still loving Mika SO much... He's sweet and charming and seems to be so sincere, as anyone who's spent even 30 seconds with him in real life knows. As I've said before, I'm a fan of Mika the man, as well as a fan of Mika the musician. So I WANT to support him in everything he does, personally and professionally.

But the truth is that this X Factor thing doesn't appeal to me. I don't see how limiting himself to several months in Italy, on a show that only Italians (and hard core fans like ourselves) are going to see is going to earn him any more exposure or credibility in the music world at large. All it does, in my opinion, is alienate those of us who want to support HIS music, and his MUSIC career. :dunno:

Obviously, just because I can't see the benefit of it, doesn't mean there isn't any. And let's face it, no one on Mika's team, starting with Mika, is looking for my opinion on this decision. I have to accept it, and of course I will, because it's not the end of the world. But I think as a fan from nearly the beginning, I've earned the right to express a disagreement with his choice without being told off about it or being called disloyal or even "wrong", for that matter. It's really disturbing to me to have read a lot of what's been said in this thread -- it's a forum, we're allowed to talk about what we think and feel here. And this is how I feel. If you feel otherwise, that's fine -- I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't feel that way, so please don't tell me I shouldn't feel the way I do, either.

And with that, I need to go back to the Real World, which luckily for me this week consists of riding roller coasters and visiting with the other Big M in my life, Mickey Mouse. Sorry if I don't reply to anything else in this thread -- it's not that I don't care, it's that I won't have much time until Sunday, and besides, I think the subject has just about been exhausted by now anyway :original:

signed: Roberta

(apart from the Mickey Mouse stuff :naughty:)

Havent read back but what about the "Should i look older, should i bend over just to be put on your shelf" thingie?

And the "But you only want what everybody else says you should want" thingie???

I guess he's gone identity mad this time...

Right Carlita!

That's why I said (a lot of pages ago probably:wink2:) I was going to listen to Grace Kelly for obvious reasons!

I'm sure you know I agree with you about most points you made in your post, Deb? I don't know who you meant your post, all I know is that I tried to be very polite in my own comments earlier and especially added that even I can't understand the level of negativity around here I still know we all care and that everyone is allowed to express themselves as they like. And I can't possibly understand why it seems to be okay to tell other fans they are licking his ass (not talking about Ingie now, this comes out often with different words) or hint that they are so stupid they can't even understand the difference between real music and commercials/fashion shows. It makes me feel insulted and not equal with others. I have a real life to live and even I want him to be respected and have the success he deserves I'm not going to cry his every career move. I just generally hate being told what to do so I'm not going to tell it to other people either. I rather concentrate on his music and seeing his shows and try to be understanding because that's how I hope other people to treat me as well.

I'm traveling now so I can't much take part of the discussion and I rather stay out of these for now on any way. I saw him last night but I don't think anyone talked with him about X factor. Personally I wanted to thank him for the US tour one more time because it was so special and was lovely to see how he agreed and how pleased and happy he was with the tour. He was generally really sweet and smiling. I don't know if he is aware of all the drama around his decisions.

Edited by tiibet

I'm sure you know I agree with you about most points you made in your post, Deb? I don't know who you meant your post, all I know is that I tried to be very polite in my own comments earlier and especially added that even I can't understand the level of negativity around here I still know we all care and that everyone is allowed to express themselves as they like. And I can't possibly understand why it seems to be okay to tell other fans they are licking his ass (not talking about Ingie now, this comes out often with different words) or hint that they are so stupid they can't even understand the difference between real music and commercials/fashion shows. It makes me feel insulted and not equal with others. I have a real life to live and even I want him to be respected and have the success he deserves I'm not going to cry his every career move. I just generally hate being told what to do so I'm not going to tell it to other people either. I rather concentrate on his music and seeing his shows and try to be understanding because that's how I hope other people to treat me as well.

I'm traveling now so I can't much take part of the discussion and I rather stay out of these for now on any way. I saw him last night but I don't think anyone talked with him about X factor. Personally I wanted to thank him for the US tour one more time because it was so special and was lovely to see how he agreed and how pleased and happy he was with the tour. He was generally really sweet and smiling. I don't know if he is aware of all the drama around his decisions.

:huglove:

This is one of my life's rules too :thumb_yello:

I'm sure no one talked with him about XF,I respect everyone's opinions,I'm just wondering how many would have the guts to be honest and say it in front of him.I'm not a fan of XF,but I'm not Mika's mentor either. So I'll give up on this topic from now on,it makes me feel sad,and it's not funny anymore....

He used to do nothing but write and perform his own music. In the past 3-4 years he has made one album and toured for about 3 months on his own headlining tours. He's been devoting the majority of his time to everything but his own music for more than half of his career now.

I have given up hoping things are going to change because he is moving farther and farther in the other direction.

Spot on

:thumb_yello: I really hope "he's not aware of all the drama around his decisions" - because it's too stupid for words, imo ...

Love,love

me

This is one of my life's rules too :thumb_yello:

I'm sure no one talked with him about XF,I respect everyone's opinions,I'm just wondering how many would have the guts to be honest and say it in front of him.I'm not a fan of XF,but I'm not Mika's mentor either. So I'll give up on this topic from now on,it makes me feel sad,and it's not funny anymore....

In Liege, I am going to, because I'd like him to tell me face to face why.

or hint that they are so stupid they can't even understand the difference between real music and commercials/fashion shows.

I think I have been pretty blunt about this (on Twitter) and not hinting around at all. I don't think people are stupid/can't understand but I do think there are people that don't care about the difference. I think it's very clear that some people are perfectly happy as long as they can look at Mika, get attention from Mika and get near Mika. They don't care what he does as long as they can be involved in it. The same people who were harassing him non stop on Twitter about doing a European acoustic tour are now lecturing us that X Factor is a wonderful thing and we should not question Mika's choices. So that tells me that really what is important to them is not that Mika performs his music in Italy but just that Mika is in Italy, period.

A woman on FB yesterday told me to stop being an insanely jealous hater and search for the Italian X Factor shows on YouTube and watch them when Mika is on. Why would I do that? Why would any fan who can't understand Italian do that? He's not going to say anything that's of any value to me even if someone translates it. He's not talking about himself, he's talking about some unknown singers that I don't care about. So why am I watching this show? Because I like Mika's curly hair? Because I want to see what shoes he's wearing that day? I don't get it. This show is not for fans, it's for the X Factor audience. This show is not for non Italian speakers. This show is not for anyone who loves Mika's music because it has nothing to do with Mika's music. So why would the vast majority of Mika's fans who are not Italian and not fans of X Factor want to have anything to do with it? Because they adore his pretty face?

What is the motivation to get excited about JBC clothes and Lozza sunglasses and Italian talent shows? What do any of these things have to do with his music? If people are just as excited about clothes because Mika is modelling them or a TV show because Mika is showing his face on it as they are about him making music and performing then I can only conclude that they don't care about the difference and what they see in Mika is not what I see in Mika.

If you are not one of these people Nina then you are not. i never said you were. But there are fans like this. People who get excited about and agree with everything that Mika says, thinks and does. Even when it's not good and even when he totally contradicts himself and his own principles. I'm sorry if some people are offended by that but I am just being real. I am taking my moderator hat off and speaking my mind because I do not like the direction Mika's career has taken and I do not like the direction his fandom has taken since Mika has stopped focusing on music like he used to.

MFC and this whole fandom has changed so much over the past couple of years because some people are worshipping Mika in such a cult like fashion that you can't have a rational discussion about Mika that is not 100% (so-called) "positive" without people jumping in to tell you "you don't know", that you need to "trust Mika", you need to "have faith" in him, etc. I wouldn't even characterize this as ass licking. This kind of talk is just simply crazy to me. Mika is a musician he is not Jesus Christ. I don't need to put my blind faith in him. I am a grown woman with a mind of my own. I don't substitute Mika's beliefs and thoughts for my own. But you know what? I have seen others doing exactly that.

I have a real life to live and even I want him to be respected and have the success he deserves I'm not going to cry his every career move.

I am not crying about Mika's career moves. I am simply disappointed that it has become obvious now that Mika is spending so much of his professional life doing things I have no interest in because it means it's time to focus all my time on real life not just some of it.

Nina I would expect you to, if not agree with me, at least understand where I'm coming from when I say that the investment that I've made in supporting him is too much to continue in the future if Mika is not primarily a singer songwriter creating his own music. You have also made huge investments in time and money (and also emotions I'm sure) so you know the costs. If you are still happy with it that is wonderful for you. But I am not happy with it.

So this is how I feel. I've wanted to explain it but I'm not going to justify it anymore. I have supported Mika for over 6 years. I have worked for him and his fans tirelessly for free doing things that people haven't the first clue about because they are not walking in my shoes. I have travelled the world to see him at great trouble and expense. I am not going to be told that I need to have faith in Mika. That is my choice and I don't need to follow him off a cliff to prove to him or anyone else that I've been a good fan. And the same goes for Deb, Ingie, Rose, Yuna and many many many many others.

And with that I will leave you with my signature...

In Liege, I am going to, because I'd like him to tell me face to face why.

Then :bow: to you! I admire people who can do what they say,and can be honest till the end! And tbh,I've never doubt about you,Rose,I know you're a heartfelt person. At least if someone asks for respect,then act like that!

:thumb_yello: I really hope "he's not aware of all the drama around his decisions" - because it's too stupid for words, imo ...

Love,love

me

I don't think it's any of your business what Mika's fans want to communicate to him about this. There are people in this thread who have built a relationship with him and if he doesn't care what they think he damn well should. We are not the first people of his early fanbase to become disillusioned with where his career is headed. Unfortunately we are some of the last.

If you are not one of these people Nina then you are not. i never said you were. But there are fans like this. People who get excited about and agree with everything that Mika says, thinks and does. Even when it's not good and even when he totally contradicts himself and his own principles. I'm sorry if some people are offended by that but I am just being real.

Actually I agree with you, I know there are people like this. Fans are a big group of people and I think there are always people like this. It doesn't bother me because I think it's a part of every fan club. Not every fan follow artists because of music. It's something very distant to me but I still always feel I'm connected to that if I try to see some positive aspects in any issue and it doesn't feel fair. (I'm quoting you now but this is something I've felt many times and not pointing particularly you.)

I was thinking of you and Deb last night. Mika was so genuinely happy and pleased with the NA tour and actually took a moment to think before agreed it was his best tour ever (so it felt he means it and it wasn't just small talk).

Actually I agree with you, I know there are people like this. Fans are a big group of people and I think there are always people like this. It doesn't bother me because I think it's a part of every fan club.

Of course but what bothers me is that it is becoming the overwhelming voice of this fanbase. Not so much inside MFC but certainly outside of it. They are not representative of most of Mika's hardcore fans. Certainly not the fans I've known over the years. The ones who have actually supported him in tangible ways and not just tweeted him nonsense all day long.

If we'd had this discussion on MFC in 2008 I can guarantee you that it would be 100:1 against Mika appearing on any talent show anywhere.

No one would be telling others that their opinions don't matter because Mika's opinions are the only ones that count. Do you know what fans did in the early days when they were unhappy about something? They would sign petitions! People had no qualms about telling Mika or his management what they thought and what they wanted because they were giving their all to support him and at least expected to be heard out regardless of what the decision was.

That's how MFC became his fan club in the first place.

It annoys me that the people who have benefitted so much from the "bad fans" who have paved the way for them by letting Mika and his people know what they think and what they want - are now here calling me a racist and telling me I need to STFU and support Mika no matter what he does. If we had all been so complacent and silent since 2007 I am certain there would be no listening parties in Milan for one example among dozens.

I was thinking of you and Deb last night. Mika was so genuinely happy and pleased with the NA tour and actually took a moment to think before agreed it was his best tour ever (so it felt he means it and it wasn't just small talk).

I don't know about the whole tour because there were so few videos but certainly the show in DC is the best performance he's ever given that I know about.

I really hope he does the shows in Paris that he's talking about so everyone can experience it.

Every time I see the title of this thread I throw up a little in my mouth...

Indeed, the Mika that I fell for was a rebel and outcast who wouldn't let anybody in the music business tell him what he should be or do. I remember me and my friend Michael were completely blown away by how he broke all the rules and didn't give a damn what anyone thought about him. Just a few weeks later we went to his first show in Sweden and saw him live and that completely gave me hope that someone like Mika could actually succeed in this greedy world of show business by being fierce and bold; The anti X factor star (as some of you have mentioned). I don't feel angry with this whole situation, but I just miss the Mika I fell in love with six years ago, y'know? I'll still support him of course, but I won't have the same magical feelings about him as I did in the past. Unless he surprises us with a new album with creative and incredible songs (as he always seems to have the abillity to write)...

Edited by LaraMay

I'm happy for Italian fans :wub2:

Maybe it's a "commercial" show, but Mika needs media exposure like all artists...and he might change the rules and the show by being in it in my opinion...

Such shows may be a way for him to raise enough money to do more intimate accoustic gigs everywhere and not only in the USA...so all his fans around the world have such gigs in due time...

In Mika , I trust :wink2:

:thumb_yello:

Every time I see the title of this thread I throw up a little in my mouth...

Me too. Old habits die hard but it's time for me to take a break.

I've had my say and there are people who are never going to see my point of view because they have not walked in my shoes. And I don't care what those people think anyway if I'm honest.

I hope others like Nina and Kreacher know that I will always like them even if we don't agree.

I hate being so skeptical and I know people are going to tell me to have some faith in all of this, but how much is Mika really going to be allowed to bring uniqueness to the show? What Rose said about Simon Cowell stands correct.

They're not looking for someone who'll reinvent the wheel. They're looking for people who have the potential to become selling artists, not people who they can sign to an indie record label. Surely enough, the pop world has its oddities like Lady Gaga but even her success is largely due to the fact that she's managed to brand herself successfully. If you take away her odd stage props etc what do you have left? A great singer with somewhat conventional pop songs. In my opinion all of Mika's songs aren't ones that would appeal to the general public like Lady Gaga's. His uniqueness is in his sound and you can't strip that away like a meat dress. And that's why I don't completely understand his decision of being a part of this.

No offense to Lady Gaga fans, I like her too. :teehee:

You make a good point about Lady GaGa. Yes, her music is good, but what most people (not her fierce fans) latched onto was the strange outfits she wore. That helped her stay in peoples' minds and sold her records to the masses.

But though Mika was all about the music and definitely was the breath of fresh air the pop industry needed, most people didn't stick with him. He had no gimmicks (which is good in my opinion) and his private life wasn't out there either, so they moved on to the next big things. People like Olly Murs and 1 Direction, from the X Factor. So they didn't appreciate Mika for his music. He was just a fad to them and they never really got what he was about. Very sad.

So I'm not disagreeing with anyone here, just trying to put a point of view.

I think the problem really started for Mika with the 2nd album, which didn't do as well as it should have, and then the third album (brilliant though it is) did even worse.

But Mika needed promotion and I've said before, and still say, his record company let him down. They should have promoted his 3rd album better. I did not see one ad for it on UKTV and he hasn't been on any good shows. Radio1 have wiped their hands off him and other radio stations don't play him either. This is the real disappointment in my view, as I think, if the UK were still behind him, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I might be wrong. but I don't think he would have gone over to X Factor Italy.

Yes, I wish he was on some show in the UK. X Factor Italy is not going to help him in the UK, not anytime soon. But at least he's still around, doing something.

I'm just trying to look on the bright side. But if there is blame to be laid, it should be laid at the feet of the record company, who have had someone very special, and have not done anything to help his music career.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Me too. Old habits die hard but it's time for me to take a break.

I've had my say and there are people who are never going to see my point of view because they have not walked in my shoes. And I don't care what those people think anyway if I'm honest.

I hope others like Nina and Kreacher know that I will always like them even if we don't agree.

:huglove:

Hope you know I'm really sad to see that:thumb_yello:

Just started to read this thread, let me post some comments on some of the posts

If it's all because of money, I totally understand that as a human. But that doesn't mean I can support that kind of career change as his fan.. I'm not his mother or sister, but just fan of Mika the Musician!

Shame not many more like you here any more :( ...

:)

He had every opportunity in the world in 2007. He turned down Canadian Idol because he was busy concentrating on the US. Oh and because once upon a time he claimed to not support these types of shows because it was antithetical to his whole outlook on being a pop artist.

The first gig I went to there was no opening act. They just played this animation.

[YOUTUBE]-0qFDIAzvN8[/YOUTUBE]

THIS is what got people so excited about Mika in those days. He truly was the anti XFactor pop star.

Yes, that sums it up pretty well why people are let down. XFactor is creating karaoke stars and not supporting musicians or even music, really, as most performances are not even with live instruments. He was always the anithesis of 'artists' who rose to fame by singing formulaic songs written by others asimply because he was believed to have an active part in the creative process of his art whether that be songwriting or performing.

I don't mind him sitting there as I couldn't care less about that, really. However, I find it sad that he has given up his 'fight' against trends and accepted that participating in these shows is the only way to keep him over the surface in the business. :(

Edited by suzie

Just started to read this thread, let me post some comments on some of the posts

Shame not many more like you here any more :( ...

:)

Yes, that sums it up pretty well why people are let down. XFactor is creating karaoke stars and not supporting musicians or even music, really, as most performances are not even with live instruments. He was always the anithesis of 'artists' who rose to fame by singing formulaic songs written by others asimply because he was believed to have an active part in the creative process of his art whether that be songwriting or performing.

I don't mind him sitting there as I couldn't care less about that, really. However, I find it sad that he has given up his 'fight' against trends and accepted that participating in these shows is the only way to keep him over the surface in the business. :(

:bye: long time no see ! (you know... timezone and all that jazz :naughty:)

:bye: long time no see ! (you know... timezone and all that jazz :naughty:)

I did check the forum now and then, even twitter, it's just that I am too busy nowadays...

It's always good to return and see that not much has changed, really. Some of us are happy whatever the weather and others are just waiting for him to finally prove himself.:teehee: