MIKA @XFactor Italy 2013 as a judge!

robertina

I don't think it's any of your business what Mika's fans want to communicate to him about this. There are people in this thread who have built a relationship with him and if he doesn't care what they think he damn well should. We are not the first people of his early fanbase to become disillusioned with where his career is headed. Unfortunately we are some of the last.

Well - I understand I'm not wanted here, because I'm "brave enough" to give you my honest opinions, and tell you what I mean.

I'm 61 years, and surely one of the oldest members here - I have two "kids" at MIKAs age, and have been his loyal fan since March -07, even I didn't join MFC till 26.11.11, mostly because I have mixed feelings about fanclubs in general.

For me it doesn't feel right to be given the tongue, and spit at, and being told to "keep away from Mika" - just because I ask polite questions, related to the craziness following MIKAs choice about how he wants to use and spend his time! :shocked: In different ways we're repeatedly told that we're licking his ass - just because we want to show him our love, respect and support!? But to me it seems like some persons from "the old and mighty fanbase" here demand the same from us -if we don't agree with them, we're surely not very popular. And I even feel quilty, it's like: "thank you for the time it's taking, cleaning up the mess I'm making".

Some time ago I was surprised, and quite shocked, about "Kodes 100" constant message following comments at Mikasounds: "Stand up against the bullying at MFC" :shocked: Now I've learned what this means. Poor MIKA - I think he has too many "bosses" here. But if you think you're so important to him, that you can allow yourself to "threathen" him, like in this last post of yours, why don't you ask about a private meeting with him, to sort it all out that way?

It's very destroying - both for him and yourself - to spread all this **** via MFC :doh:

I feel I have two choices: Shut up and be quiet - or quit MFC :blink: I will choose the last. But before I leave, I want to thank all the members here, who have been nice and kind - thanks for sharing so much good stuff!! I really loved it all :thumb_yello: Maybe I'll see you at a MIKA concert one day. I will recognize you because of your photos here, and if so, I'll make contact - cause I'm not shy - or afraid of speaking :naughty:

All the best!! :wub2:

Love,love

me

I did check the forum now and then, even twitter, it's just that I am too busy nowadays...

It's always good to return and see that not much has changed, really. Some of us are happy whatever the weather and others are just waiting for him to finally prove himself.:teehee:

i see you have a festival coming up... should be fun! :blush-anim-cl:

For me it doesn't feel right to be given the tongue, and spit at, and being told to "keep away from Mika" - just because I ask polite questions, related to the craziness following MIKAs choice about how he wants to use and spend his time! :shocked:

What are you talking about? This is just like the racist accusation. It has nothing to do with anything I've said and I can't believe anyone else on MFC said anything like this to you either.

You said this conversation is stupid. You want to give your honest opinion and dismiss the feelings of everyone in the thread? Well you should be prepared for an honest response in return. Although how you imagined any of what you wrote above based on what I said I have no idea. We must be speaking a different language.

In different ways we're repeatedly told that we're licking his ass - just because we want to show him our love, respect and support!?

Not by me you haven't.

But to me it seems like some persons from "the old and mighty fanbase" here demand the same from us -if we don't agree with them, we're surely not very popular. And I even feel quilty, it's like: "thank you for the time it's taking, cleaning up the mess I'm making".

Okay not sure what that last bit means but okay :aah: Do you realize that myself and others from "the old and mighty fanbase" are quite close to newer fans who don't agree with many of our opinions? We're friends on Twitter, FB, have spent time together in real life, even outside of Mika gigs. Just having dinner, etc.?

Some time ago I was surprised, and quite shocked, about "Kodes 100" constant message following comments at Mikasounds: "Stand up against the bullying at MFC" :shocked:

Kodes is a troll. He doesn't know me or anyone else on MFC. Nameless faceless people on the internet like to talk all sorts of nonsense about people they don't know simply because they don't like what they see written on a message forum. I have met hundreds of fans in real life and have made great friends with many of them. So if you and Kodes and any other person I've never met before want to paint me as a bully and a racist, wtfever. I am so beyond caring. :naughty:

But if you think you're so important to him, that you can allow yourself to "threathen" him, like in this last post of yours, why don't you ask about a private meeting with him, to sort it all out that way?

Because I've already made my choice. I thought I made that perfectly clear. Mika will sell clothes and star on X Factor and I will move on. I have no desire to tell him what to do. I am simply expressing my sadness and disappointment - a sadness and disappointment that many many other fans share believe me.

If Mika doesn't care that his early fanbase is losing/lost faith in him and why, he's a fool. It is so much easier to keep fans than it is to find new ones. But I'm not going to tell him what to do. But if others feel the need to let their feelings be known to him that is between them and Mika.

It's not my business and it's not your business.

Which is all I said in my post. I have no idea how it got twisted to be me telling you to keep away from Mika and calling you an ass licker. :doh:

A woman on FB yesterday told me to stop being an insanely jealous hater and search for the Italian X Factor shows on YouTube and watch them when Mika is on. Why would I do that? Why would any fan who can't understand Italian do that? He's not going to say anything that's of any value to me even if someone translates it. He's not talking about himself, he's talking about some unknown singers that I don't care about. So why am I watching this show? Because I like Mika's curly hair? Because I want to see what shoes he's wearing that day? I don't get it. This show is not for fans, it's for the X Factor audience. This show is not for non Italian speakers. This show is not for anyone who loves Mika's music because it has nothing to do with Mika's music. So why would the vast majority of Mika's fans who are not Italian and not fans of X Factor want to have anything to do with it? Because they adore his pretty face?

and that's exactly why I won't be watching! :thumb_yello:

Well - I understand I'm not wanted here, because I'm "brave enough" to give you my honest opinions, and tell you what I mean.

I'm 61 years, and surely one of the oldest members here - I have two "kids" at MIKAs age, and have been his loyal fan since March -07, even I didn't join MFC till 26.11.11, mostly because I have mixed feelings about fanclubs in general.

For me it doesn't feel right to be given the tongue, and spit at, and being told to "keep away from Mika" - just because I ask polite questions, related to the craziness following MIKAs choice about how he wants to use and spend his time! :shocked: In different ways we're repeatedly told that we're licking his ass - just because we want to show him our love, respect and support!? But to me it seems like some persons from "the old and mighty fanbase" here demand the same from us -if we don't agree with them, we're surely not very popular. And I even feel quilty, it's like: "thank you for the time it's taking, cleaning up the mess I'm making".

Some time ago I was surprised, and quite shocked, about "Kodes 100" constant message following comments at Mikasounds: "Stand up against the bullying at MFC" :shocked: Now I've learned what this means. Poor MIKA - I think he has too many "bosses" here. But if you think you're so important to him, that you can allow yourself to "threathen" him, like in this last post of yours, why don't you ask about a private meeting with him, to sort it all out that way?

It's very destroying - both for him and yourself - to spread all this **** via MFC :doh:

I feel I have two choices: Shut up and be quiet - or quit MFC :blink: I will choose the last. But before I leave, I want to thank all the members here, who have been nice and kind - thanks for sharing so much good stuff!! I really loved it all :thumb_yello: Maybe I'll see you at a MIKA concert one day. I will recognize you because of your photos here, and if so, I'll make contact - cause I'm not shy - or afraid of speaking :naughty:

Love,love

me

This is what is known as an overreaction.

If you have done as you've said and left MFC never to return then I guess I'm addressing noone, but I need to vent as this is the kind of nonsense that gets my goat. I don't know where you would've gotten the idea that anyone said to 'stay away from mika' certainly not in this thread, though maybe my old eyes missed something.

To compare Christine's response to your comment to bullying??!

All I can say is WTF :shocked:

I'm sick and tired of people maligning MFC and its mods all over the internet (not like they need my defense) when what it really does is demean true bullying. A simple disagreement is likened to bullying??! If that's your internet culture then maybe it is indeed best you stay away from this forum or anything similar...I can only imagine it would cause you more grief than anything..

I think I should shut up now before I say anything else that can be construed as further "bullying"...

:shocked::badword:

I quote this post in order to place my own reaction to it, but all I can do right now is: :shocked::dunno:

:thumb_yello: I really hope "he's not aware of all the drama around his decisions" - because it's too stupid for words, imo ...

Love,love

me

If it is 'too stupid for words' why for heaven's sake take part in it yourself??

And I don't think it is a stupid discussion; it is an emotional one okay, but it is one which should be able to be held.

It makes me real sad reading that people I've know my entire 'MFC-life' are leaving the MFC! :huglove:

I'm sorry, but nobody has told anyone to 'stay away from Mika'. The point of a discussion is to have different opinions and to talk about them with each other. If you feel that just because people do not agree with you, we are telling you to stay away from Mika or that you are 'bullied' then you are oh so wrong.

I actually find it offensive how lightly some people on here and on Twitter etc. take the term bullying. We have all just given our opinion and haven't tried to force anyone to think the way we do, we just shared our arguments and what you do with it is up to you. Not ONCE in this thread or outside of this thread have I seen people being singled out and continuously harrassed by anyone, which would be the case when we're talking about bullying. Also, the whole asslicker thing, if you do not feel like it applies to you, then why are you so offended by it? When I said that some people think everything Mika does is amazing, I did not mean any specific people in this discussion.

Nobody in this discussion is a victim so don't act victimized.

That being said, let's lighten the mood:

[YOUTUBE]eWM2joNb9NE[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a very sensitive person and I have never experienced any sense of 'bullying' from the mods on this forum. Unless we're talking about the Michael Jackson forum that I used to check out; The mod on that forum is what you would call a bully. He would actually ban members for disagreeing with the fake vocals that were on the latest MJ album; So that's a bully. Here we're just expressing our opinions on this Xfactor topic and I'm sure nobody has written anything harsh against another member for expressing themselves. At least from what I've seen, but I also think there might've been some huge misunderstandings between some members because of their English writing?

Yeah the thing about MFC is, we might not always agree and we might be passionate about our opinions, but nobody intentionally tries to hurt other people. Yes there might be a language issue sometimes, but so far we've had some very heated discussions without anyone feeling the need to leave.

Christine and Nas: Take a look at page 9 and 10 - the 24th on this thread, there you can read what I'm talking about...

I trust it's what I said that you are talking about.

The point I was tying to make, was not to physically keep away from Mika, but that if the kind of music you enjoy is the kind of bland stuff the artists I mentioned make, then perhaps Mika isn't for you, as he isn't a bland music artist.

I may have got a little over emotional the other day, and if I offended anyone, I apologise, but I stand by my right not to like the show in all it's forms, and any similar shows, and my sadness that Mika feels the need to take part in it.

I felt occasionally that I was being spoken down to like some silly child, and when that happens, I tend to get a little annoyed, because that makes me feel that the person doing it doesn't think my opinion is valid, and that I should be quiet.

Well I'm afraid that tends to bring out my bad side, hence why some of my posts got a little heated. Those who know me well here, know normally I'm normally quite laid back with my posts, so it's a bit out of character for me to post like I did.

I hope that clears things up for everyone.

Edited by RAK1

Christine and Nas: Take a look at page 9 and 10 - the 24th on this thread, there you can read what I'm talking about...

The only thing I can see is Rose's comment which she has cleared up and which I took to mean exactly that in the first place..

:dunno:

colbert-3d-popcorn.gif

:lmao:

Me too. Old habits die hard but it's time for me to take a break.

I've had my say and there are people who are never going to see my point of view because they have not walked in my shoes. And I don't care what those people think anyway if I'm honest.

I hope others like Nina and Kreacher know that I will always like them even if we don't agree.

Thank you! I appreciate that :huglove: I'm back home, had some pizza and not feeling so emotional anymore so just wanted to add that we probably have a very different point of view for a reason. I meet a lot of people at gigs but almost all are very hard-core, even when not on mfc still locally "real" fans. On mfc I read only a few threads: gig threads, news and sometimes song threads. As a moderator you probably have to read all kind of discussions? I don't read Mika's timeline or FB, only him and people I follow. I just can't bother. So my views about his fans are based on what I see: age, gender, behavior at gigs etc.

I've always appreciated the work you mods do for mfc. And even when I'm upset or not feeling equal in discussions I would never use the word "bullying" myself, simply because I wouldn't take any bullying. Not at my age, not with my life experience. I don't know where people talk about it. I'm very determined to ignore trolls and I must say I have no idea what people talk about mfc on twitter.

Glad to see everyone is relaxing a bit. A lot of popcorn eating :teehee:

Oh my gosh I'm so confused, I hope that's it Rose. :aah:

Mamiam if you don't like what people on MFC say about Mika I can't help you there. All message boards are different and not everyone is going to find likeminded people and if that bothers you I understand why you want to leave. But no one is intentionally trying to stifle your opinions or disrespect other fans. I think most people know Rose pretty well so that's why we didn't read anything into what she said.

Anyway I am not leaving MFC because of anything said in this thread. I am not even angry/upset/whatever with Mika. If I was I probably would send him a letter to get it off my chest but I don't feel the need. I agree with everyone who says he is doing what he wants. But the idea that I am somehow obligated to accept whatever Mika wants regardless of what I want is ludicrous to me. Mika goes his way. I go my way. Everyone is happy. :pinkbow:

It doesn't mean I can't be sad and disappointed about it for a moment. I just think it would have been great if Mika had stayed on the path we thought he'd set out on. But all good things come to an end yada yada yada.

Anywho I will still be around, just not participating in the day to day. I hope Mika does an acoustic tour in Europe although if it's this year there's not much chance I will go. I'll be back around when he releases some more English music, I hope. I will be on call to assist with some administrative tasks behind the scenes in the near term.

I'm on Twitter and if Mika pulls some music out I'll be back to share my opinion as I know you're all dying to know what I think. :mf_rosetinted:

PS Tiibet you are right I see a lot more than I wish I did and that's why it's necessary for me to "leave". I'm not trying to be a drama queen about it and I am not leaving in anger or frustration. Believe me I hate that sh*t!! It's just very difficult to be a moderator and tune out things you don't like (from trolls to Mika selling sunglasses). I feel like it's part of my job to stay on top of everything. It's also just my personality to be all in or all out.

Anyway I hope everyone is good here. :huglove:

I have just read the whole thread and I must say that I was not expecting this level of disappointment about this decision. I mean, I never expected the remaining fanbase to still remember what Mika was all about at the beginning of his career and especially feeling so strong about this move to come back after years and post about it (Queenie) or write an open letter to him like Ingie did. I agree with Rose's points as well in her posts.

I believe that long as there are fans who understand how this move is a compromise there is still hope at least for MFC to survive.

i see you have a festival coming up... should be fun! :blush-anim-cl:
Yes.. Not super excited but will go unless I am abroad. I'd rather fly to a proper acoustic gig somewhere in Europe though.

Anywho I will still be around, just not participating in the day to day. I hope Mika does an acoustic tour in Europe although if it's this year there's not much chance I will go. I'll be back around when he releases some more English music, I hope. I will be on call to assist with some administrative tasks behind the scenes in the near term.

Happy to hear you're going to stay here, even if it's not every day :huglove:

And hugs to Nina too, you're such a sweetheart :)

That being said, let's lighten the mood:

[YOUTUBE]eWM2joNb9NE[/YOUTUBE]

That is disturbing :shocked:... And I only watched for about 30 seconds!:naughty:

But at least I lost my crazy thoughts about giving my opinion about this subject! So, thanks! :thumb_yello::naughty:

I want to add that it makes me sad that some people are leaving. :sad: I wish you'll find your way back here someday. Even if I'm not close to anyone and even if I don't agree with everything people say. I think Christine is right when she said that it's easier to keep your old fans than make new ones. :huh:

Just throwing out a few comments. Hope they make sense......

Thanks to all who've posted here. Even if we don't agree i still appreciate your comments.

i'm really not a fan of this type of show, just thought i ought to clarify that :teehee: so yeah i'd rather he didnt do it but to quote him "a boy's gonna do what a boy's gonna do" so i'm trying to look for positives xD

i'd have thought i would be a totally against Mika doing this type of show but i'm not and ive been trying to pinpoint why. i reckon its because i see it as an opportunity for him to make a difference. i don't expect his presence to make any significant changes to the show, but i certainly hope in his judging and mentoring he tries to encourage those who are different from the norm. We'll see if that actually happens ofc xD also i dont think he's done an abrupt 180° turn. for some time now ive sensed a softening in his attitude to this type of show.

i can understand why some fans, especially those who've been around for many years, are tired of waiting even tho i'm not yet to the point myself (gimme a couple years between albums, im sure i'll get there). i guess i hope some day he makes it all worth it again :dunno: in my earlier reply i didnt mean to cast aspersions on anyone when i mentioned losing faith. What i was trying to say was how it came accross to me that some ppl seemed to be letting his decision to do this show make them not fans anymore, esp those longtime fans. This makes me sad because i want everyone to be Mika fans and this reason didnt seem like that big of a deal. i understand now how for some people it is a big deal.

And thanks Xine, no hard feelings!

as for licking his ass, i'd much rather do it literally than figuratively :mikadas:

Edited by kreacher

:blush-anim-cl:

Mika is a multitalented artist.

I believe that it's the uneasiness that moves him.

And makes us crazy :pbjt::pbjt:

The opinions and feelings that I read here, so different, respect of his participation in the X Factor shows how Mika is loved.

The conclusion is that Mika is a lucky man, has a fanclub that cares about him, and even sometimes disagreeing with him any choice, is always here to support him and to see him happy.:clap::clap:

I'm very proud to be here with you, see this debate and be a Mikafan [/color]ana"]

Hugs everybody =)))

Yeah, the problem is that we love him so much and sometimes we act as he was a friend, or a relative of ours.

A friend, a brother, a son, making a decision we are afraid it will damage him, that it will be the unfortunate sliding door, so I understand also the friends, sisters, mothers of his.

Just think that this will be a sort of study holiday for him, just three months far from home, it won't hurt so much :teehee:

Love,love

me

Oh I'm so sorry you are thinking of leaving! Tbh, I too have thought of leaving a few times recently, because it's not the fanclub family it used to be. The only thing that stopped me once,was that I couldn't see how to close my account.

I too have been subject to the comments on threads about loving Mika whatever he does, just because I think he can do more than just be a singer/songwriter, even though that is the most important thing.

What I have tried to be on here, is a voice of reason. The problem is that we can't make Mika do what we might want him to do, even if we are right and he is wrong. But when you love someone, you love them unconditionally. Just as if my son did something I thought was wrong, I'd still love him and hope for the best, but I'd still be there to pick up the pieces if Steve messed up in some way.

Like you, I am older, I'm 58 years old. At our ages we know that a career hiccup is not the end of the world. Mika will survive, but things may not ever be as they were, still, we love him and it's not our place to tell him what to do. He's nearly 30 after all. If he makes a mistake, it's his choice. But since we don't know everything he's thinking, we don't know everything that he intends to do (if that makes any sense)

But I am concerned about the way the fan club is going. It seems to be splitting into factions and that is not good.

If there is an issue on which we disagree, we should talk about it, but not slam into someone who doesn't share our view. In all things, we need to be reasonable.

The one thing we have in common is our love of Mika. But Mika isn't a saint and he's not always going to do things we ( as individuals) would like him to. Being human, he's subject to making the occasional bad decision, or taking risks with his career, He's also able to change his mind, just as we all do sometime. But he's free to do that, and people on here who are willing to let him get on with things, should be respected for that view, just as people who feel he's changed from the rebel of 2007 (which I personally took with a pinch of salt) to a compliant X Factor judge.

But he may do great as a judge! We don't know what's in store for him. But I wish MFC could get back to the fun place it used to be.