MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

Thank you :thumb_yello:.

Can you also explain what the Philosophy student said :teehee:

You mean the one with the guitar? If so he said that he doesn't care what the judges says and he's been a bit arrogant in my opinion. before singing he explained that he's a songwriter and his song is a love song without "strawberry carpet"..this is a citation of a song by Modà a famous italian pop group (the title is Tappeto di Fragole) and he said that in a contemptous way..that's why Simona got a little bit upset with him

Basically Morgan said he had a feeling that Marco was very, maybe too much aware that he was good, and that he was afraid he was not totally authentic. Mika then started asking him questions about how he was feeling, and it turned out that he was feeling not sure at all, and very fragile. Mika said that he also thought he was a fragile person but on stage he showed a lot of confidence, and that he saw a singer in him. Morgan after all agreed and said that he did it to provoke and test him (lol), and everyone said yes in the end :) I totally loved Mika's sensitivity and ability to search the person beyond the mask :wub2:

Thank you so much! I loved the way Mika talked to him, this was the example I referred earlier, how he can choose a suitable tone depending on who he is talking to :wub2: He can be so sensitive. I could mostly understand his part but not all Morgan was saying, I so wish I could understand better...

I like Marco, but also a couple of the girls, especially Roberta and Valentina (?).

You mean the one with the guitar? If so he said that he doesn't care what the judges says and he's been a bit arrogant in my opinion. before singing he explained that he's a songwriter and his song is a love song without "strawberry carpet"..this is a citation of a song by Modà a famous italian pop group (the title is Tappeto di Fragole) and he said that in a contemptous way..that's why Simona got a little bit upset with him

thank you :flowers2:, so I didn´t get it wrong he was a bit arrogant.

I still would like to know what the Philosophy student was saying :pray:

He was saying that he didn't care about the 4 judgments but he thought that the people behind the judges, the people that will listen to his song, count more, and therefore he wasn't interested in passing the next turn. The other girl (I don't know if she has been cut in the videos you've seen) basically said that it was an hypocrisy because he was lacking of respect for the 4 judges and he was complaining about something he was as a matter of fact using too. He also said that he thought that if a radio plays the same song it gets stuck in people's mind even if it is bad, and mika didn't Agree. Then he said he would perform his own song and made a negative allusion to an Italian contemporary band, and Simona told him that he was being arrogant and disrespectful. He played his song, and Simona told him to be less angry and bitter about those who are successful, but Elio said that it is right that a 20 year old boy should be angry and have the desire to change the world, he said that everything in the 60s has come from a sentiment of rebellion. Simona said it was not a healthy anger, but both Elio and Morgan said they didn't care, because anger can never be 100% healthy, otherwise it wouldn't be anger. Morgan then reluctantly said his song had a chance and everyone eventually said yes except mika. (I agree with him, I share the opinion about the anger, but his singing was mediocre IMO). Then Morgan sang the beginning of a song about a student of philosophy, lol. :)

Edit: sorry I hadn't seen someone had already answered!

He was saying that he didn't care about the 4 judgments but he thought that the people behind the judges, the people that will listen to his song, count more, and therefore he wasn't interested in passing the next turn. The other girl (I don't know if she has been cut in the videos you've seen) basically said that it was an hypocrisy because he was lacking of respect for the 4 judges and he was complaining about something he was as a matter of fact using too. He also said that he thought that if a radio plays the same song it gets stuck in people's mind even if it is bad, and mika didn't Agree. Then he said he would perform his own song and made a negative allusion to an Italian contemporary band, and Simona told him that he was being arrogant and disrespectful. He played his song, and Simona told him to be less angry and bitter about those who are successful, but Elio said that it is right that a 20 year old boy should be angry and have the desire to change the world, he said that everything in the 60s has come from a sentiment of rebellion. Simona said it was not a healthy anger, but both Elio and Morgan said they didn't care, because anger can never be 100% healthy, otherwise it wouldn't be anger. Morgan then reluctantly said his song had a chance and everyone eventually said yes except mika. (I agree with him, I share the opinion about the anger, but his singing was mediocre IMO). Then Morgan sang the beginning of a song about a student of philosophy, lol. :)

Edit: sorry I hadn't seen someone had already answered!

thank you :flowers2:. I hope we don´t annoy you with all our questions but as we only can understand the basic parts we are really grateful you explaining us details. :huglove:

thank you :flowers2:. I hope we don´t annoy you with all our questions but as we only can understand the basic parts we are really grateful you explaining us details. :huglove:

On the contrary, I enjoy translating very much! The only problem is that I don't have enough time! :( feel free to ask anything, I will gladly answer (sooner or later XD)

Of course no Sabine :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks very much for the explaining, Simona and Teresa :thumb_yello:

Can I ask:

<iframe width="625" height="356" src="http://videoplatform.sky.it/player/videoplayer_embed.swf?id=173231&autoplay=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

What is the word after "cosa diverse", at the end of Morgans first talking, at 3:01. Sounds like "in dovinette", but obviously it's not that :mf_rosetinted:

<iframe width="625" height="356" src="http://videoplatform.sky.it/player/videoplayer_embed.swf?id=173217&autoplay=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

And what it the sentence of the philosophy student after "alla fine" at 8:32?

Thank you for your explanations everybody :huglove:

I watched the orange T-shirt guy, what did Mika said please, when he said him yes? Something about energy?

Oh, and this guy who speaks soooooooo fast, that they need to subtitle him :aah: the one with his guitar that Elio needed to "???" (verb is missing :mf_rosetinted:) because the guy had no diapason. What was all the discussion about?

I'm sorry for asking so much :aah::huglove: (I promise I will work very hard for The Voice :wink2:)

I watched the orange T-shirt guy, what did Mika said please, when he said him yes? Something about energy?

Mika is saying: "I don't know what you want to do in life, but you aren't a singer, but you have an energy and determination/fighting spirit" (And than daddy comments "HE has understood it" :naughty:)

And at the beginning Mika asks "You want to be a siren?" and he answers "Since I was little". And than Mika says "A great introduction. How do you want to amaze us?"

I'm sorry for asking so much :aah::huglove: (I promise I will work very hard for The Voice :wink2:)

You know that you can't get out now after writing it down :bleh::wink2:

Mika is saying: "I don't know what you want to do in life, but you aren't a singer, but you have an energy and determination/fighting spirit" (And than daddy comments "HE has understood it" :naughty:)

And at the beginning Mika asks "You want to be a siren?" and he answers "Since I was little". And than Mika says "A great introduction. How do you want to amaze us?"

You know that you can't get out now after writing it down :bleh::wink2:

Thank you!

I will not get out :mf_rosetinted: just hoping someone will come to help me for all the translations :aah:

As I never saw X- factor before can someone explain me what the bootcamp is please?

In the greek version of the show the contestants had to choose a song to perform from a list the judges gave them at the bootcamp. Dont know if it's going to be like that in Italy too. At the end of the bootcamp each judge will be given a team of about ten or twelve contestants to mentor. After that the judges will work on their own in order to decide which singers from their team will appear at the live shows.

He said that this guy had this positive energy and determination.

Basically Morgan said he had a feeling that Marco was very, maybe too much aware that he was good, and that he was afraid he was not totally authentic. Mika then started asking him questions about how he was feeling, and it turned out that he was feeling not sure at all, and very fragile. Mika said that he also thought he was a fragile person but on stage he showed a lot of confidence, and that he saw a singer in him. Morgan after all agreed and said that he did it to provoke and test him (lol), and everyone said yes in the end :)I totally loved Mika's sensitivity and ability to search the person beyond the mask :wub2:

Me too! It was great how he didnt just go along with what Morgan was saying but he tried to understand how this person was really feeling. It's very heartwarming to see how he truly supports all these contestants proving once again what a sensitive and kind person he is.

Thanks very much for the explaining, Simona and Teresa :thumb_yello:

Can I ask:

<iframe width="625" height="356" src="http://videoplatform.sky.it/player/videoplayer_embed.swf?id=173231&autoplay=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

What is the word after "cosa diverse", at the end of Morgans first talking, at 3:01. Sounds like "in dovinette", but obviously it's not that :mf_rosetinted:

<iframe width="625" height="356" src="http://videoplatform.sky.it/player/videoplayer_embed.swf?id=173217&autoplay=false" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

And what it the sentence of the philosophy student after "alla fine" at 8:32?

I'm not able to watch the video you posted...do you have the link?

As I never saw X- factor before can someone explain me what the bootcamp is please?

It's basically the 2nd round, between the auditions and Judges Houses.

About 100 hopefuls go and sing again. They're usually split into twos or threes, sometimes told to sing like a group (if they're soloists) but still shine through.

Basically the contestants in all categories, are eliminated en-masse, until there are about 6 in each category. They are the ones who go to Judges Houses.

In the UK there was a cruel twist this year at Bootcamp. Each judge already knew their category and the contestants had to go onstage to sing. When the judge would decide to take someone through, he/she told them to sit in one of the six chairs onstage. This was okay until all six were taken. Then the judge would swap someone already sitting down ( who thought they were through) with the new favourite. It's really unkind so I hope it's not in IXF.

The judges houses are not really their houses so don't get excited about seeing inside Chez Mika. It's just somewhere they go with their judge and the judge has a guest assistant to help them decide which three are going through to live shows.

Someone else may have explained it better than me.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

It's basically the 2nd round, between the auditions and Judges Houses.

About 100 hopefuls go and sing again. They're usually split into twos or threes, sometimes told to sing like a group (if they're soloists) but still shine through.

Basically the contestants in all categories, are eliminated en-masse, until there are about 6 in each category. They are the ones who go to Judges Houses.

In the UK there was a cruel twist this year at Bootcamp. Each judge already knew their category and the contestants had to go onstage to sing. When the judge would decide to take someone through, he/she told them to sit in one of the six chairs onstage. This was okay until all six were taken. Then the judge would swap someone already sitting down ( who thought they were through) with the new favourite. It's really unkind so I hope it's not in IXF.

The judges houses are not really their houses so don't get excited about seeing inside Chez Mika. It's just somewhere they go with their judge and the judge has a guest assistant to help them decide which three are going through to live shows.

Someone else may have explained it better than me.

Thank you :thumb_yello:

Ok in the first video Morgan says "indovinate dove sta" that is guess which side he is ( he previously said that Marco could be an authentic singer or a constructed one)

In the second video the singer says (in his opinion)that if you keep on listening to a song (through radio or TV) even if is crap (sorry) at the end you start to like it...Mika didn't agree with him

Ok in the first video Morgan says "indovinate dove sta" that is guess which side he is ( he previously said that Marco could be an authentic singer or a constructed one)

In the second video the singer says (in his opinion)that if you keep on listening to a song (through radio or TV) even if is crap (sorry) at the end you start to like it...Mika didn't agree with him

Thank you very much, Simona :huglove: Could you write this one sentence of the philosophy student in Italian as well? I'm trying to understand the words in Italian, but in this sentence I couldn't figure them out :aah:

I hope it's okay if I'm asking so much smiley-embarassed.gif