MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

If anyone has watched XFDaily has seen the competence and professionalism with which Mika has coached and helped the girls to improve (especially two of them have improved during the program) and know exactly in which direction they wanted to go, an identity, or as he called it, a musical manifesto. A not so small thing, a real gift, as Rossana Casale said in an interview, for girls so young. And he used kindness, but also severity (once again Rossana Casale’s words) and with Violetta at one point he was quite hard.

It’s obvious that (both in X Factor and in The Voice) you can not see everything that happens during the preparation and rehearsals of the competing singers (the same thing applies for the auditions), the production shows on television only a very small part of them (and what they want, this is very clear and evident). But not everything is necessarily false/fake.

The daily was actually the part that I preferred and, from what I have seen, my opinion of course, the part dedicated to Mika and her girls was the best because it seemed a world apart, it was completely different from those of the others because he devoted his attention to and talked exclusively about the music and helped the girls to improve, to deal with the real world outside from there, criticizing, and not only praising and/or encouraging, when he had to do it.

Mika himself has always said in interviews that television is an artificial and not true world, poisonous even if you're not careful.

I've always thought that, even though he has been very good in the live shows, with all the difficulties with the language, with the very egocentric personalities involved and the real/actual structure of the show, he was like an alien in there with his own attitude and irony, expertise and professional approach, and this was very evident when he was with the girls and his work with them.

You don't have to like these shows and I also would not have watched them if it were not for Mika's presence. But I like how he is himself in them and his very good job.

About The Voice, until now I liked a lot his behavior, his musical knowledge and professionalism are out of the question both during the auditions, in the choice of competitors/singers and the analysis of their performances, and during the coaching and rehearsals of his team.Waiting for the next battles, the definitive choices for his team and the live shows (to have more accurate opinions).

It's to keep in mind that he has done all this at the same time, in two different languages, ​​dividing his time between the two programs and other commitments and, spending the very little time he had left with his family and his partner. (he breathed every now and then, I hope? :teehee:).

I admire him for this.:)

Edited by charlie20

In The Voice there are professional singers. Very often they have also a personal artistic world to express. And he relates with them in that way, as professional singers, trying to find the right songs and to help them... but without going too far, respecting them and their point of view, because they are all adults, and in some way they are all singers and/or musicians and/or artists.

In XF there were young girls who were able to sing, but without any ideas of what the musical world could be. Absolutely confused.

And he related with them in that way.

He tried to do the only thing that would have been fair to give them a real possibility: to find with them an artistical personality and a personal way to express it and to communicate it to the public. A manifesto. An artistical sense. Unfortunately, no one of the girls has found it, they have not searched about it enough. For me. I do not think the girls have really understood the importance of what he was trying to do for their careers. That was the more difficoult thing to do, i think. The most important goal to be achieved.

All his efforts were in that direction without using them to "make the show", but trying to help them seriously. Trying to give them a real possibility to became real singers. Perhaps more...to find themselves.

In this way, I've seen him so involved with his girls in XF...almost a sort of fight, the blood flowing in his veins, trying to win the final battle: helping them to find an identity. Identity....a so important theme for him.

In my opinion, an honest and very professional behavior for a man who could not take care of all of that.... who could only think about doing his duty and going home.

In this way, it has been so much more interesting for me, to see him in XF than in The Voice. :huglove::huglove:

Edited by Marta.

In The Voice there are professional singers. ... they are all adults

I don't pay much attention to names and who is a team or in another, so I don't have a clue. I'm sure there are some teenagers among the contestants, are there just adult and professional singers in his team?

Anyway, I did notice he cared about his girls in XF, he was emotionally involved in the job for sure.

I'm not just that sure he spent a huge amount of time working with them, I have this feeling that he just came now and then (sometimes in the daily he wasn't even there), as a supervisor.

I suppose he didn't spend much time neither with The Voice contestants, actually. I mean, how much would costs to the producers to hire him as a singing teacher....?

Yesterday I caught a sentence in a movie: the art is in the observer's eye.

I suppose it's just my eye on him that is changed. :teehee:

In The Voice, not all contestants are professionnal singers :wink2: (but many of them are, that's true).

Marta, I agree with you about what he did for the girls of XF being very important for them: helping them finding their identity

I think Mika and Kylie are not so amazing when they are coaching the contestants, but it's still interesting to watch it of course. I love when Mika is giving advices to the contestants, either while coaching them or on stage when he comments the performances :wub2:

I am not interested in a show with Mika giving life advice and trying to make artists out of people who have not found it in themselves. That is a reality show, not a talent contest. I much prefer watching these singers with some real talent. People who could easily be Mika's peers in the not-too-distant future.

I am not interested in a show with Mika giving life advice and trying to make artists out of people who have not found it in themselves. That is a reality show, not a talent contest.

I was trying to explain that in the Voice, Mika has in front of him talents already formed. Often, not always but often, they have already a clear artistic world to express. And even if they are still young or even if they are not professional singers, they are confident on the stage, they have experience, an educated vocal tecnic. Basically, they want an opportunity. That is the format of the show. Also The Voice Italy is done in that way.

XF has been different, and Mika had to face talents not already formed. Without experience of the stage. In search of their artistic and/or personal identity. Is there an artistic world inside of them? Which is? How can you get it out? Which are their colours? You can see something, you can see the talent...but all is still confused...it could be yes or it could no.

For all this reason, in spite of the short time spent together, I've seen a different approach in his way of coaching the contestants. Different goals to achieve.

Very interesting to me, regardless of what context do you prefer. :thumb_yello:

Edited by Marta.

There is nothing scary about it, it's just natural and normal. And probably does not involve Kiley Minogue. :naughty:

:lmfao:

I love you Christine :huglove:

The only reason why I would try The Voice as a contestant (which I won't do anyway) would be to be coached by Mika :swoon:

He seems to be such a perfect gentleman with his girls :wub2:

And I sure need singing lessons :naughty:

EDIT: the way this :naughty: smiley moves is exactly the way Mika4swatch mask animation moves :shocked: Did MFC smiley inspire him? :teehee:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I have a friend who participated in La Voix Quebec and he told me that his mentor/coach spent maximum 1 hour with him a week. It may sound/feel like they get a lot of coaching, but they don't really

The rest of the time, the practices were done by themselves for the battle

I have a friend who participated in La Voix Quebec and he told me that his mentor/coach spent maximum 1 hour with him a week. It may sound/feel like they get a lot of coaching, but they don't really

It looked like 5 minutes to me. Maybe 55 minutes of hair, makeup, wardrobe and praising Kiley Minogue's ability to be a pop star despite the fact that she can't sing. :naughty:

Finally, how nice he was when he asked "may I?" before touching the girl!

OMG I squealed so loudly, that was so adorable! He is so gentle and just so confortable to be with! I wish that I was French and I that I could sing so that I could audition for The Voice!:mikalove:

March 1 : Team Mika battles

Spleen contre Pierre Edel, un duel détonnant sur "Bennie And The Jets" (Elton John)

ORIGINAL wat.tv http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/extraits/spleen-contre-pierre-edel-un-duel-detonnant-sur-bennie-and-the-8374263.html

http://vk.com/video232312753_167853519

Elodie contre Najwa, une battle féminine sur « No Surprises » (Radiohead)

ORIGINAL wat.tv http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/extraits/elodie-contre-najwa-une-battle-feminine-sur-no-surprises-radiohead-8374267.html

http://vk.com/video232312753_167853404

I haven't actually watched tonight's episode. I'm still working on last week's. The battles are very interesting. There's some really good talent. Mika seems to be a very intelligent, helpful coach. I love the way he gets so happy and excited when one of his losing singers gets saved by another judge. Like he wants all his singers to succeed. It's really sweet.

Just find the thread! Not sure if I am the only one who hardly understand French but still watch it :P

Just finished last week's battle, still can't find this week's! The first battle is amazing!

Haha how come Mika get excited every time when other coach steal his members! It is just too sweet!

hello hello!!!!!!

Emissions "The Voice" and "La Suite" n°8 are viewable and downloadable MikaWebsite[.Com!]

"The Voice" & "La Suite" n°8 : http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-voice-prime-n8-voice-la-suite-episode-n8/

merci!!! perfect! i can watch The Voice & drink my morning coffee! :naughty:

:flowers2:

hello hello!!!!!!

Emissions "The Voice" and "La Suite" n°8 are viewable and downloadable MikaWebsite[.Com!]

"The Voice" & "La Suite" n°8 : http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-voice-prime-n8-voice-la-suite-episode-n8/

ls.jpg

Did I really hear -- in mock radio announcer voice -- MIKA

say

'It's Kylie & MIKA at Denny's on the PIKE' ?????????

“Wow, a Denny's in france!” NOT!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1055976-d3653369-r155818568-Buffalo_Grill-Thiais_Val_de_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Edited by A. Clay