MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Thanks Elwendin for your work :thumb_yello:

I really enjoy seeing Mika on The Voice because to me he's a very professional, capable and expert coach. The program is a little bit boring, indeed, but it's very interesting to me to follow Mika in this role, as in XFactor as well.

By the way, Frero Delavega are definitely my favourites, I'm glad they will be in the live shows!

Ok, thanks for the hints, I'm doing it tomorrow. :wink2:

I'm wondering if I missed something. I noticed he did some looks just for the cameras (IMO), but they weren't childish or funny, they were more likely to highlitght or to communicate stuff. So, did I skip something? Please say I didn't.

I don't think so right now, but I'll double check carefully and then let you know later or tomorrow.

I'm wondering if I missed something. I noticed he did some looks just for the cameras (IMO), but they weren't childish or funny, they were more likely to highlitght or to communicate stuff. So, did I skip something? Please say I didn't.

You have done a fantastic job, as always!!! :thumb_yello::flowers2:

Edited by charlie20

Is today already the 1st of April? :mf_rosetinted:

At least it should be in New Zealand.

(sorry, I was referring to something which has been deleted, don't mind this post)

Edited by Elwendin

Thanks, you're very kind, as usual!! :flowers2: Take your time, don't worry :original:

These are the parts where Mika speaks or others talk about him in La Suite (http://www.mikawebsite.com/):

from 02:45 to 07:30, from 08:55 to 09:24, from 10:22 10:51 and from 11:43 to 12:10

:france:

from 02:45 to 07:30: Mika semble la voix aimée, ses collègues, elles aiment beaucoup Mika (proche de Caroline).

Marina: Mika a dit que s'il y a une personne avec qui il voudrait travailler dès demain .. et il m'a choisie du coup, beh....

Mika: Caroline c'est une bombe atomique qui qui qui...ouais... (Nikos: qui n'a pas encora explosé), ouais Caroline pour moi c'est clair (Pagny: si elle est une bombe atomique il faut pas qu'elle explose) Elle est un feu d'artifice, c'est démonstratif mais aussi c'est fragile. C'est moderne, c'est folk, c'est super, j'adore. Et aussi le personnage, cette fille, elle est exactement come elle est, quand elle chante, c'est une exageration de son personnage, vraiment, sa voix, c'est son personnage.

from 11:43 to 12:10: Si je devais imiter mon coach … Est ce que tu me choisissera , ça c'est la phrase qu'il m'a dit. Si moi j'étais en train de faire une audition pour toi est ce que tu me choisissera?

Mika fait toujour ça, je sais pas comment il fait, parce que il est plus flexible que moi

J'adore ce que tu fais – il n'est pas un bon imitateur.

:uk:

from 02:45 to 07:30: Mika seems the beloved voice, her coworkers, they love him very much. (Caroline's relative)

Marina: Mika said that if there's a person he'd want to work with since tomorrow.... and he chose me hence, well....

Mika: Caroline is a nuclear bomb which which which, yeah... (Nikos: which didn't explose yet), yeah, Caroline to me it's clear (Pagny: if she's a nuclear bomb, she better wouldn't explose). She's a firework, it's demonstrative but fragile. It's modern, it's folk, it's super, I adore it. And also the character, this girl, she's exactly like she is, when she sings, it's and exaggeration of her character, really, her voice is her character.

from 08:55 to 09:24 just some mistakes he did while speaking in french

from 10:22 10:51: he teasing garou saying ok with an accent, then an highlight on the guy in the audience acting like a meerkat. The coaches bloopers were super. I got the better of it. (Le betisier des coaches c'était... super. Je m'en suis sortis bien.)

from 11:43 to 12:10: if I had to imitate my coach .. Will you choose me, this is what he said to me. “If I was doing an audiction for you, will you choose me?” (he really said will you, and not would you).

Mika always does this, I don't know how he does it, cause he's more flexible than me

I love what you do – he's not a good imitator

Edited by Elwendin

:france:

from 02:45 to 07:30: Mika semble la voix aimée, ses collègues, elles aiment beaucoup Mika (proche de Caroline).

Marina: Mika a dit que s'il y a une personne avec qui il voudrait travailler dès demain .. et il m'a choisie du coup, beh....

Mika: Caroline c'est une bombe atomique qui qui qui...ouais... (Nikos: qui n'a pas encora explosé), ouais Caroline pour moi c'est clair (Pagny: si elle est une bombe atomique il faut pas qu'elle explose) Elle est un feu d'artifice, c'est démonstratif mais aussi c'est fragile. C'est moderne, c'est folk, c'est super, j'adore. Et aussi le personnage, cette fille, elle est exactement come elle est, quand elle chante, c'est une exageration de son personnage, vraiment, sa voix, c'est son personnage.

from 11:43 to 12:10: Si je devais imiter mon coach … Est ce que tu me choisissera , ça c'est la phrase qu'il m'a dit. Si moi j'étais en train de faire une audition pour toi est ce que tu me choisissera?

Mika fait toujour ça, je sais pas comment il fait, parce que il est plus flexible que moi

J'adore ce que tu fais – il n'est pas un bon imitateur.

:uk:

from 02:45 to 07:30: Mika seems the beloved voice, her coworkers, they love him very much. (Caroline's relative)

Marina: Mika said that if there's a person he'd want to work with since tomorrow.... and he chose me hence, well....

Mika: Caroline is a nuclear bomb which which which, yeah... (Nikos: which didn't explose yet), yeah, Caroline to me it's clear (Pagny: if she's a nuclear bomb, she better wouldn't explose). She's a firework, it's demonstrative but fragile. It's modern, it's folk, it's super, I adore it. And also the character, this girl, she's exactly like she is, when she sings, it's and exaggeration of her character, really, her voice is her character.

from 08:55 to 09:24 just some mistakes he did while speaking in french

from 10:22 10:51: he teasing garou saying ok with an accent, then an highlight on the guy in the audience acting like a meerkat. The coaches bloopers were super. I got the better of it. (Le betisier des coaches c'était... super. Je m'en suis sortis bien.)

from 11:43 to 12:10: if I had to imitate my coach .. Will you choose me, this is what he said to me. “If I was doing an audiction for you, will you choose me?” (he really said will you, and not would you).

Mika always does this, I don't know how he does it, cause he's more flexible than me

I love what you do – he's not a good imitator

Thank you very much!! :thumb_yello:

I didn't understand a thing:

"Marina: Mika said that if there's a person he'd want to work with since tomorrow.... and he chose me hence, well...."

But he did not choose Caroline for the first, after saying that phrase? or I misunderstood?

"Marina: Mika said that if there's a person he'd want to work with since tomorrow.... and he chose me hence, well...."

But he did not choose Caroline for the first, after saying that phrase? or I misunderstood?

That's what he said as a comment some secs before picking her. It's just a comment, I wouldn't overthink over it. Besides, we can't know how the producers mixed the records.

Anyway, what's the relevance in the order he picks people which? I don't think it's the first picked, the better....

I may not have got your question, if so, I'm sorry, ignore me.

Thanks again Elwendin, I feel really bad for not doing your amazing job myself, as a French fan, but you know how bad I am with English and translation :aah:

:huglove::huglove::huglove:

It seems that the coaches will be singing again on Saturday :wub2::wub2::wub2: and the producer of The Voice France said on Twitter "and many times" :wub2:

Thanks again Elwendin, I feel really bad for not doing your amazing job myself, as a French fan, but you know how bad I am with English and translation :aah:

Never mind, my english isn't that good as well but I just double enjoy the task, since I love french and english both.

Before tripping over here I haven't spoken french for about 15 years, it was about time to find an excuse to do it again. Plus I exercise my english, so double fun and double goal.

I wouldn't ever do it for XF (indeed I didn't :aah: ) cause I actually think translating the judgements is beyond boredom, so I just do it to enjoy the languages.

And to deserve a couch whenever it would be convenient :mf_rosetinted: (kidding here, I suppose all Mika fans are kind enough to lend their couches to poor pilgrims :naughty: Or, even better, a ride from the airport / station to the venue :teehee: - Kidding again. ).

It seems that the coaches will be singing again on Saturday :wub2::wub2::wub2: and the producer of The Voice France said on Twitter "and many times" :wub2:

I'm looking forward it! I'm just pissed I won't be able to see the live. :sneaky2:

Edited by Elwendin

Great!

How many live shows will there be?

I just saw on the news that Pharrel Williams is going to be a judge on the US Voice next season. I wonder if Mika gave him any advice about that?

:blink:

French sure know how to make things last. La Voix (Quebec version) started a week after them and there are only 2 shows left...

Yes this is dragging on too long. The battles didn't eliminate people fast enough because the coaches kept picking up extras insteading of halving their teams.

The UK Voice did the quarter finals over two weekends then the semis and the final is this weekend.

Sounds like they are doing one quarter final a week.

That's what he said as a comment some secs before picking her. It's just a comment, I wouldn't overthink over it. Besides, we can't know how the producers mixed the records.

Anyway, what's the relevance in the order he picks people which? I don't think it's the first picked, the better....

I may not have got your question, if so, I'm sorry, ignore me.

Don't worry, it doesn't matter. It was just a curiosity :original:

From what I've seen on the wikipedia page (in french) of the last edition, the coaches will sing together and with their team in the live shows.

That's great!

:blink:

French sure know how to make things last. La Voix (Quebec version) started a week after them and there are only 2 shows left...

Yes this is dragging on too long. The battles didn't eliminate people fast enough because the coaches kept picking up extras insteading of halving their teams.

I don't really get why they add this "Epreuve Ultime" step. It was kind of boring imo.

If the coaches sing for every live show (and maybe their own songs :wub2: I mean, even maybe NEW songs :mikadas:), 6 will not be too many for me :teehee:

Edit: ok, I just read Charlie's post... My hope for new song is gone...

I've just watched the last show and some of my favourite candidates are still there :whew: Frero de la Vega, Juliette, Charlie, Wesley, Elodie. I'm sad Alexia was not picked and think Spleen is fun but his interpretation of 'Ziggy' was :thumbdown:.

Thanks Elwendin for your work :thumb_yello:

I really enjoy seeing Mika on The Voice because to me he's a very professional, capable and expert coach. The program is a little bit boring, indeed, but it's very interesting to me to follow Mika in this role, as in XFactor as well.

By the way, Frero Delavega are definitely my favourites, I'm glad they will be in the live shows!

:hi5:

Caroline was chosen. She sang 'Vancouver', one of Véronique Samson's songs, and she was very good :thumb_yello:

Elwendin: :thumb_yello: you're doing a great job :huglove:

Wow, the coaches singing together again!! That'll be interesting. Thanks for sharing.