Paparazzi Photos/Mika's Family's Photos

dcdeb

Once again, to voice my opinion on the paparazzi; I think it was a good choice to remove the thread because we know that Mika values his privacy and doesn't like or invite the paparazzi to take sneak photos of him. When it comes to some other celebs though; They love the attention and PR the paparazzi gives them and we should not feel sorry for those celebs; For example, Lady Gaga.

However, for people like Lady Diana or Michael Jackson, the paparazzi were downright vicious in hunting them down and eventhough Michael liked to play with them with PR stunts, they went too far with how they picked and choosed whichever photos where they thought he looked like some circus freak or something (excuse him for having a skin disease and wanting to have some nosejobs...) and helped mock him in front of the entire world until everybody thought it was okay to call him a misformed freak; That I do not approve of.

However, there are celebs who want their privacy and they have the right to complain if paparazzis are bothering them. But trust me, a lot of them secretly love the PR it gives them.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

let's be frank, no one is concerned about the article. we all know what is newsworthy are the pictures accompanying it.

What? Is the boyfriend in there? :shocked:

It kind of was a rhetorical question, but I guess that gets lost on a multilingual forum.

I didn't take a close look, but if a bunch vacation pictures is the best they can do, Mika must be the most boring celebrity ever. If there had been something newsworthy in the pictures, the article would not have been nice :mf_rosetinted:

and we wouldn't still be talking about it :naughty:

we'd say "thanks for posting" and move on!

you talk like that cause you might know that could be "gossip" infos in the pics there but believe me, the article doesn't mention AT ALL nothing about that...no allusions...the article also said that Mika was talking with a female friend and playing with his beautiful dog...

That's why I'm saying there's nothing bad in this article. And the pics are bad for us cause Mika is not alone but with his family and friends who don't like to be so public but for people who just read the magazine this is Mika with family and friends...nothing odd..nothing newsworthy linked to the pics!

What? Is the boyfriend in there? :shocked:

It kind of was a rhetorical question, but I guess that gets lost on a multilingual forum.

I didn't take a close look, but if a bunch vacation pictures is the best they can do, Mika must be the most boring celebrity ever. If there had been something newsworthy in the pictures, the article would not have been nice :mf_rosetinted:

it's a matter of respect for someone who is obviously not posing at an event but enjoying private time with family and friends. paps are like the peeping toms of the world.

you talk like that cause you might know that could be "gossip" infos in the pics there but believe me, the article doesn't mention AT ALL nothing about that...no allusions...the article also said that Mika was talking with a female friend and playing with his beautiful dog...

That's why I'm saying there's nothing bad in this article. And the pics are bad for us cause Mika is not alone but with his family and friends who don't like to be so public but for people who just read the magazine this is Mika with family and friends...nothing odd..nothing newsworthy linked to the pics!

i talk like that because i don't think his dad would like his picture shown all over the internet :aah:

it's a matter of respect for someone who is obviously not posing at an event but enjoying private time with family and friends. paps are like the peeping toms of the world.

I couldn't agree more. The only thing I tried to say was that if Mika knew what he was doing when he said yes to X-factor, he sure knew this was coming. Even though he's probably not amused...

At the same time, I would like to make a remark on the privacy issue. Mika himself pointed out a zillion times that celebrity was an unfortunate side effect of being a singer-songwriter and that he always was a songwriter first. That gave him the freedom to say that his private life was not relevant, because it didn't matter for the music. Now that he's becoming a judge in various talent shows, that is no longer true. He is sitting there as Mika the person, the celebrity, more than as Mika the artist. So even though we as fanclub should respect his privacy - because it's the decent thing to do and we're supposed to care about him - at this point I don't think we can blame the paperazzi for treating him as a celebrity. That's what you get if you behave like one.

If it were only Mika in these photos I might think differently, but it's pretty much his entire family. They are not public figures and they are not at a public event. These photos appear to have been taken with a telephoto lens secretly, without anyone's knowledge, and then were posted in a very public magazine without anyone's permission. I would be very much against this if it were any celebrity's family.

As I said in my first post, Mika may be resigned to the fact that he will be treated as a celebrity and that he has to tolerate a certain invasion of privacy -- it's not something his family and friends should have to endure. In the same way, people here on the MFC may want to talk about me -- I put my name and face out for everyone to see so that's up to me. But that doesn't give anyone any right to poke around in my family's personal business, right? I think there are boundaries, and that's one we shouldn't cross.

As for what's in the accompanying article, I read it, and yes, there is nothing scandalous in it at all. But that doesn't change the fact the photos are invasive, IMO.

Why is this situation so different then the one back in 2011 when he also was on a vacation? I'm sorry for being so uninformed, but I only saw a magazine page and pictures in Mika Italy facebook page :blink: There's no dad and most of the pictures are only with Mika and Mel.

Oh yes he is...:naughty:

Not in the paper version that is the "famous" and mainstream one :wink2: i was refferring to that one.

The online link has a little article that doesn't say anything interesting (but not bad) and mika italia didnt post it too!

Why is this situation so different then the one back in 2011 when he also was on a vacation? I'm sorry for being so uninformed, but I only saw a magazine page and pictures in Mika Italy facebook page :blink: There's no dad and most of the pictures are only with Mika and Mel.

But I don't think any of the pics with his mam or sister were posted here, were they?

The pics today did include a pic of his dad and who I think might have been young cousins. They were in swimsuits and I wouldn't like pics of my young teen girls to be posted all over the internet like that. I bet their parents wouldn't be too pleased either.

On one hand Mika must know, that this is the price of popularity, and the moment he accepted to work on Italian TV,

he was aware, something like that could happen and as a consequence was ready to tolerate it.

So I don't think he was surprised, when he noticed, he was being photographed.

On the other hand I don't like that kind of pics posted on his fanclub and personally I don't feel at ease sharing them on the net either.

I remember this time in from 2010.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24679

Is that what you meant? If so, it's not different, it's the same thing and we removed the photos then, too.

Was there something else in 2011? I can't recall at the moment.

Is that what you meant? If so, it's not different, it's the same thing and we removed the photos then, too.

Maybe the one with Ida with the watercraft (is the right name?)?

On one hand Mika must know, that this is the price of popularity, and the moment he accepted to work on Italian TV,

he was aware, something like that could happen and as a consequence was ready to tolerate it.

On the other hand I don't like that kind of pics posted on his fanclub and personally I don't feel at ease sharing them on the net either.

exactly my thoughts. i remember in the past there were several paparrazzi pix of mika on holiday in italy. the first ones in 2007, showing his bare chest for the very first time when back then we still thought he might not be comfortable with showing his body like that in public. :teehee: his family/friends might have changed their mind about whether they accept their photos getting published, but it's not up to us to decide that - once they have official (i.e. non-paparazzi) pix published, we can post those official photos, but until then i absolutely support deb's decision to delete the pix of his family/friends. :thumb_yello:

Edited by mellody

But I don't think any of the pics with his mam or sister were posted here, were they?

The pics today did include a pic of his dad and who I think might have been young cousins. They were in swimsuits and I wouldn't like pics of my young teen girls to be posted all over the internet like that. I bet their parents wouldn't be too pleased either.

Oh. I agree with that. I haven't seen these.

I saw some pictures on a boat with his mum, Yasmine and Ida, but now I'm not sure these were here.:teehee:

I thought about these. I think it was 2011. :teehee:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=231570630225724&set=a.231569666892487.50802.230342797015174&type=3&theater

Edited by nenartus

I actually think that it's nice to see that he enjoyed but he needs his privacy, he's a human being too!

I even didn't save those pictures on my computer...

I saw the pictures and on one he was looking at the paparazzi like: GO AWAY! but as they said already: he is more popular again!

I won't add anything new to the conversation but I wanted to saw that I also agree with you decision to remove the thread because it's a private situation. It wouldn't be the same if the paps had taken pictures of Mika before a gig or event, in a public context.

You are probably totally right, there are paparazzi pics taken on his earlier holidays even he was a singer and not other way celeb (like a talent show judge), he has spent a lot of time in Italy and he must be aware how it is.

I just can't help that it feels wrong, the whole paparazzi culture is so cheap and personally I would like to see pictures not directly related to his work coming from him. Meaning that pictures are shared by him on twitter ("back from holidays, look how much fun we had") or if at gossip sites at least taken at public events obviously with his permission (like some gorgeous pics with his siblings published during years).

So it just doesn't feel right his official fan club or his official sites in different countries link or share all kind of pics taken without his permission. Naturally there will be a lot more paparazzi pics in the future, nothing we can do.

Exactly. I just can't imagine Mika wants to see pictures of his under-age cousins (?) in bikinis all over the internet. Surely he wants to protect them.

I absolutely agree with MFCers who think posting paparazzi photos of the family here IS invasive. It`s breaking of Mika`s personal life, whether you like it or not.

We must follow The Forum Guidelines, as they are written by sober-minded people. I am escpecially disturbed when MFC World Reps feel free to do that, thinkin` they`re allowed or have bigger rights to do so. I`ve always been a supporter of any discussions, apart from political issues and rude intrusion into Mika`s personal life.

Our curiosity doesn`t excuse any intrusion into Mika`s private life. There are lots of sources where people can find such pics beyond the MFC. , if they`re interested....

Please don`t be disrespectful.

Edited by Julia Welcomes

I don't agree with paparazzi and I think they are annoying and rude, but nothing can be done about it as it is still legal. I think Mika knows this is the price to pay for fame, however, his family are not the ones who chose for this so I prefer these photos not to be shared.